here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful for...

YOU...
my blog friends & the opportunity to spread more joy...
that means free goodies...

but more on that later...

first...
thanks so much for all the sweet emails regarding tim's design team...

since there is no more tim holtz DT...
that is the reason the little logo thingy is gone...

but, please know that NOTHING will change for me...

I'll still be traveling the country to teach...
still using the same products I LOVE...
still making samples...
still sharing lots of art here...

SHARING art...
that's what it's all about...

tim & Mario are our friends...
I will continue to support tim, just as he supports me...
and I bow to Mario...
hail to the KING of TWITTER!

so since today is a day to acknowledge what we are thankful for...

a special thanks to Ted & Michelle Cutts, who believed in me and got me started on this art adventure...

and to tim & Mario for EVERYTHING you have done for me...
I am VERY THANKFUL for both of you...

and I must mention Ranger too...
Justin & Alain (the owners)...
I'm thankful for the confidence you have in me...
senior educator for Ranger?

NEVER EVER in my wildest dreams would I have thought that was a possibility...

the entire Ranger family is awesome!

and last, but not least, to my sweet hubby for his continued support & help...

next...
how about a little art...

I thought I'd show a few of the demo pieces I made while @ the stamp convention in Madison last weekend...

it's quite obvious...
I'm STILL hooked on plaid...

this ATC base is grungeboard and the plaid is created with tim's tissue tape as shown in this post...

but this time, instead of the new color washes, the same technique was done with distress inks...

I LOVE the combination of textures, using both grungeboard & clearly for art for the flower...

my screen stamp, stamped with coffee archival looks cool over the plaid...
those spiders make me laugh...


this demo tag showed using tissue tape OVER clearly for art...

this is VERY fun...
and totally transforms the clearly for art...
it's versatile...just what I LIKE!

I'll have a project with instructions for you next week...

using this die...

my goal was to make the snowflake...
NOT a snowflake...
stay tuned...

so...there's more plaid below...

the flowers are covered with tissue tape & the leaves are inked with alcohol ink & stamped with jet black archival...
using the polka dots and text...

oh...
and some ruler ribbon was added with the tiny attacher...

the index stamp @ the bottom of the tag is a favorite...



as promised...

it's time to spread the JOY!

the winning comment chosen
from the RANGER BLOG IS...

Hi Ranger! Thanks for sharing these great pieces of art with us! So beautiful and they provide so much inspiration. Thanks! Lynn B

and the winner from my blog is...

Blogger Lisa Somervillesaid...

Congrats to your winners! Fab Home Decor pieces! Thanks for sharing the details on the Ranger Blog!

November 22, 2010 3:02 PM


and since it's Thanksgiving...
I think we'll celebrate & have a 3rd winner...

Blogger Deb Smith said...

Love Love Love TSO in concert or on my iPod. Know you will enjoy and it will truly put you in the holiday spirit. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. There is much to be thankful for this year.

Thanks for sharing the project. Hope to get it made before Christmas!! Snagged it off of Ranger's blog yesterday but now need to pop over to leave a comment.

Catch u soon darlin.

Deb

November 22, 2010 9:39 PM

please email me with your shipping info @

wbv1213@me.com

and speaking of JOY...
OMG...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from Rick & I...

remember...
dessert has no calories on holidays!
I think that's what I heard...

take care...
enjoy your day and...

make art!
wendy

37 comments:

Debby said...

Congrats to the winners. I am thankful for all you do to inspire us to make art. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to Rick and your families. Gotta run and make more food!

Shirley said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy and Rick!! Congratulations to the winners.f

ellen vargo designs said...

Desserts have no calories on Thanksgiving... I like the way you think, sister! A Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you & Rick - have a great day, enjoy the TSO concert tomorrow! I'm thankful for all the *artful* inspiration in my life, I'm thankful for great friends in art, and thankful to count you among them. Thanks for all you do!
Big Hugs! ~ ellen. xxx

Diana said...

CONGRATS to all the winners!!!! I absolutely love the new art Wendy. I loved your plaid technique so much i used it the other day on a tag i attached to a gift for my sister for Christmas!!!!! thank you for making art!!!!

Elaine A said...

Congratulations to all the winners. Wendy - Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And a special prayer of Thanksgiving for your brother.

Elaine Allen

~* steph :) *~ said...

hi wendy! your ATC and tag are fabulous! i love your creations! you have so many wonderful techniques and everything really does flow seamlessly. wonderful colors and textures. i love your style, so inspiring! thank you for sharing with us! i wish you and your family a very happy thanksgiving!!! *hugs* steph :)

TheLastOfNine said...

Congrats to the lucky winners. Wendy dessert is never bad, we all need a little sweetness in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Gloria

sue said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and congrats to the winners. I am thankful for my family and the opportunity to make art.

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda R said...

Hope someone is spoiling you and cooking for you today! Even YOU get to take a break from making art to relax and eat too much today!! I am so grateful for all your hard work - the stamps, clearly art, parts, books (love 'em)....but mostly the magic you bring to it all in your creations. Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy and Rick...now please have a wonderful blessed Turkey day! I am very thankful for you...in so many ways. Nurse bond, as well as art bond for sure...luv luv your inspiration ...bummed about the design team in general, but all of you just rock so it will be ok! xo

Helen said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wendy and Rick. Hope you are having a lovely day celebrating.
Love Love Love your art today, simply stunning.
Also, congrats to your winners, lucky ladies!

Erika M. said...

Congrats to all the winners and hope your Thanksgiving is fabulous! Love today's art!

Tona said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for all of the inspirtation you have provided me.
Loved your projects, as usual.
I'm torn between asking for the Vagabond for Christmas or the Sizzix Pro.I like the width of the pro but the industrial strength elcectric power of the vagabond. Having not even seen either one in person makes it a little harder to choose too.

Vic said...

Congrats to the winners! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Hels Sheridan said...

Congrats to the winners and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and Rick - loving that desserts are calorie free... does that work by proxy for me in the UK? ROFL
Loving your art... tis magnificent x

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rick.
Congrats to the lucky winners. If you ask me, desserts are always calorie free....if you ask my butt, you'd get a different answer. LOL!
I'm giving myself the Vagabond as an early BD present. Yep, I am.
Eileen in NYC

Dorothy said...

Congrats tot he winners!!
Happy Thanksgiving Wendy and all!!

Kate Burroughs said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rick! Hope you have a great day! Thanks for all the inspiration and Art Parts!
Aloha, Kate

SusanK said...

Thankfully art has no calories so I can enjoy it 24/7/365/52. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Congrats to the winners picked on your blog as well as the Ranger blog. Off to watch more snowflakes fall as I nap by the fire creating in my head as I think of the pieces you've shown us today.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time on your holiday to post some pics for us and announce some winners. And, Senior Educator! ... congrats! We're all so proud of you! Stephanie

Marijane said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. You've given three lucky winners a little extra to be thankful for today - congrats to all. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with so much to be thankful for, including seeing your post today showing the ATC and tag. THANK YOU for all your inspiration!!!

Lori said...

Congrats to the winners! And I love your demo samples..very cool! Love that plaid!

Tara C. said...

Congrats to all the winners!! Thank goodness there is no calories in art!!! I am happy to see your blog will remain the same

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Congrats to all the winners! I feel we are all winners, just because Wendy shares so much of her time and energy to keep us up to date on all the new techniques and things she discovers! I know my "style" has grown and changed since becoming a Wendy fan! so for that I am thankful today and everyday!

Art By Wanda said...

More wonderful art!!! Congrats to the winners!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Rick & Wendy!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Meme said...

Great job on your art! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Thanks for all you do to help inspire us to make art!

Unknown said...

Wow! I miss checking blogs for a couple of days and look what happens! You'll still be on my list of blogs to check (nearly) daily! You continue to amaze me!

Sherly said...

Glad to hear your not going anywhere and you will stil
make ART.
Sherly

Larissa Heskett said...

CONGRATS WINNERS ENJOY YOU'RE FREEBIE!! HOPE YOUR DAY WAS GREAT AND THANKS FOR THE INSPIRING ART!! CAN"T WAIT FOR MORE!!
Larissa Heskett

jan metcalf said...

Blessings one and all!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Comgrats to all the winners! loving it when people get to win :)) Happy belated thanksgiving to you and Rick and your family. I finally got round to using your stamps Jennie style!! Check out my blog..lol Am now hooked..:)))lol Have a great weekend
Hugs x

Lisa Somerville said...

Whooo hooo! Thanks so much Wendy - congrats to the other winners!

slbt17 said...

you are amazing!
Sandra

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How sweet is that! Congrats to the winners, lucky ducks!

Brenda B said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you Wendy

Your ATC and tag are amazing as usual
You ROCK!

Unknown said...

Love your take on the plaid, and your Clearly for Art is just SO neat! Thank you for blogging so faithfully and sharing you ART. Now if you can just take the calories out of all that Holiday chocolate.... LOL