here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, November 12, 2010

winners, answers & KITS!

but first...
a HUGE thank YOU for all the sweet & FUNNY comments & emails about the last project, using tim's color washes with Claudine's gesso.

we read each & every one, both here & on Ranger's blog.

the thick felt furniture pads are cool...HUH?
like I've said before...
always be thinking what else something CAN be...

we laughed out loud about the thinking "out of the box" comments...
concerning the configurations post...
that thought never entered my little mind...

out of the box...
too funny!

and now the WINNERS...
please email me your shipping info... wbv1213@me.com
here's the lucky one from Ranger's blog comments...
Absolutley gorgeous! The creative possibilites are endless!
and the winner from here is...
Blogger Linda R said...

I just love how you incorporate your stamps, and art parts while showing us how to use lots of other products we have in new and exciting ways. It's always fresh with excitement, wonder and a good laugh! This is just the idea I needed as I recently pulled out my gesso and played collage...and am wanting to EXPAND my color wash color collection - ta duh - a marriage made in heaven - LOVE this effect and of course I have a couple of junk drawers to explore. Thanks Wendy ;-)

November 10, 2010 9:19 P

now to get to some of the questions...

#1. Are you still coming to Madison's OOAK convention 11/20 and 11/21?I don't see your name on the classes. so sad

YES, I'll be there... Can't wait. Sad to say no classes this time. sorry, but I will be demoing all day Saturday & Sunday in the Stampers Anonymous booth.

Pop in & introduce yourself please!

#2. When you were here in May we discovered how you attached your splat mat to your cutting surface. What type of adhesive did you use? Thanks for any info!

I use Ranger's Wonder tape & it works great. just put it around the perimeter of your cutting mat. it makes a great work surface & it's amazing that you can see thru the craft sheet to the lines on the mat. this helps with keeping stamping straight.
3. I always thought that adirondacks were dye inks did they come out with pigment ones also??

Yes, there are both dye & pigment in the Adirondack line. if you have the cream colored cases, those are the DYE inks. the Adirondack PIGMENTS come in a black case. it's a simple way to tell the difference. I think the pigments were released about 2 years ago...or so?

4. OMG...art parts are the bomb! lovin them! got more planned for us? please!

THANKS so much! I'm very happy with them.
YOU BET there WILL be more coming...
and with a twist this time (if it works out like I hope)

5. I NEED TO FIND SOME GESSO!!! will it work on wood i wonder?

Yes, it does...the more I play, the more I LOVE it...you'll definitely be seeing more projects, samples & ideas here using gesso...

6. and speaking of gesso...How is it different from other brands? Just a wondering'.

well, since this is the only brand I have ever used, I asked the expert...

here's Claudine's response...

"the main difference is the consistency . it has more of a whipped cream consistency where as some gessos are real watery and some are really thick."

7. and a few about the configurations
project below...


This truly is amazing!!! You were INSPIRED!!!! Wow!!! I have to ask.... Does the drawer really pull out??

mine doesn't but it certainly could & that was my original plan. but since I travel a lot & will be shipping it, everything is glued in place.

just glue the top one in place & leave the bottom unglued. the base is large enough that it sits perfectly.
my original thought was to have something hidden in the back of the drawer...
that explains the "look inside" stamp! however...the plan changed...
I went with plan B...


8. what are you using for gluing on configurations?

You have lots of options...Glossy Accents, Claudine's multi medium or your favorite adhesive all work just great.

9. this is odd. you said color wash is rich & concentrated, but it looks pale. how??? do tell

if you look @ the photo above, it IS pale looking. to get that effect...I misted heirloom gold Perfect Pearls Mist right into the box( a couple squirts)then misted it with espresso color wash...( a couple squirts)...
then I used a brush to spread the color around & quickly dried it with the heat tool.
it tinted the configurations & the colors are great together. too bad the photo doesn't show the shimmer...
it's pretty cool...

10. Are there any special tips on stamping on Claudine's gesso? I love the look and the whole project. I plan on using the gesso, stamps and embellishments to create some custom gift boxes.

I've stamped on it using pigment ink(that's the subtle butterscotch script in the background)of this photo and I use the archival to stamp my main image or saying, then give it a quick blast with the heat tool, to make sure it's dry.

11. What glue do you use to attach the ornate plate to the back??

she's referring to this photo and it's attached with Claudine's multi medium.
I like to apply a clamp & let it sit for a bit. works great.

12. how are you gluing art parts?

for attaching the scallop trims or gluing the frames together, Glossy Accents is perfect. multi medium or other adhesives work just fine too.

now that multi medium is available in small bottles...it's perfect...


13. do you glue the spool pieces? to glue or NOT to glue? and what adhesive?

I don't glue mine together, again because they are easier for me to ship in pieces. I had them cut so that the fit is pretty snug. you certainly can add a bit of adhesive to hold them together, if you'd like.

14. are you making us another book? please say yes! they inspire me so much & get rid of the blahsss.

THANKS!! YOU BET!~
new stamps are in the works, new art parts too...
so just as soon as they are finalized & here, I'll get started on book #4.

15. how is Paul doing?
he's ok...
right now the side effects of the chemo are bothering him (numb hands & feet).
we're hoping they'll resolve. the MD said they may or may not (ever) be gone by 6 months after the last chemo.

16. is Rick retired too?

well he thought he was. he retired on his 50th birthday from the state (he was a park ranger), but he's recently been promoted to head of shipping & receiving for studio 490.
next is head stamper/kit maker title...
mum's the word...it's a secret!
I like to surprise him & keep things interesting around here...


17. I couldn't believe how much supplies we got to use in class. a dinner is riding on this. any idea how much this weighs?

I don't travel light...FOR sure. depending on the classes, we usually ship about 300 pounds of supplies now.
I checked with the head of shipping & receiving to get an accurate answer...
hope you win a nice dinner.

17. I think since Tim does 12 TAGs for us, you should too! OR...you
could do his after him, but done in your style?
wanna?

nope...that's his gig!
however...
I just may have a few surprises, if time permits...stay tuned...

18. HELP! I see you are teaching with Tim at CHA, but the class is already sold out.
Can you get 2 of us in? PRETTY PLEASE...

nope...
I'm sorry...
I have nothing to do with that part of it. I just do inks...

19. will you ever do on line classes or video tutorials for those of us who will never get to your classes?

it's on the to-do list, but don't hold your breath, since I'm almost computer illiterate & can barely do a blog...
maybe someday...

#20. did i miss the headboard photo? i'm sure it is something YOUnique!!!

nope...you didn't miss anything. that wall is bare (the horrors). we just haven't found something that SPEAKS to us yet...

and for the last part of the title...KITS...

I frequently get asked to sell kits.
The real deal is, we just don't have time to make bunches of them...
class kits keep us MORE than busy & out of trouble...

HOWEVER...
if you like this...


and this...


I have retired this class...
so...
I have a LIMITED NUMBER of them available...

both projects are included in the deal...

plus you'll get 2 complete books of tim's brand new salvage stickers & have tons left over for more projects later...
and for every holiday!

so, you get 2 complete kits, 2 sticker books, complete instructions & color project photos...

you'll need to add your own inks, stamps & adhesive to complete them...

in the classes we used forest moss, brushed corduroy & barn door distress inks...

(but you could easily substitute peeled paint, fired brick & vintage photo)...

here's what you get...
the cost of everything listed above is $55 & priority shipping is $8.00...OOPS...edited...
that was FAST......all are headed to new homes.
Thanks to those who ordered. ENJOY them!

If you NEED one...
just send me an email wbv1213@me.com

and I'll send a PayPal request...
and then you'll receive kits to...
make art!

***disclaimer...***
when they're gone...they're GONE...
we only had a limited number of the stickers ordered...
and won't be ordering more...



time to head to the studio...
I have an idea...
I NEED to...

make art!
wendy
OH...NEWS FLASH!
take $5.00 off your order @ simon says with this code
aut050...
happy shopping to you!

19 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

congrats to the lucky winners!!
wowee, you answered a ton of questions! thanks, wendy! loove your projects :).
have a wonderful weekend!
*hugs* steph :)

Cim Allen said...

Congrats winners !! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our burning questions. I can't wait to see what new art parts are in store .. I love them ! Have a great weekend Wendy !!

Dorothy said...

congrats to the winners!!
This is such an awesome blog!!

Unknown said...

Congrats you lucky winners!! Thanks Wendy for such a great giveaway.

Tona said...

Congrats to th winners.
I really enjoy the question & answer blogs too. I always learn so much.

Vic said...

Congrats, winners! Love the q&a.

Helen said...

What a great post today. Well done to your winners.

Julie said...

Congratulations winners! And thank you Windy for all those answers for those with inquiring minds. The whipped cream consistancy gesso really does sound wonderful and a must have!! Thanks for answering that question about gessos because I thought all gessos were basically the same.

sue said...

Congrats to the winner. Wendy your question and answer section is all ways very informative. Thanks!

SusanK said...

Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods! I know you're super busy what with classes, making kits, drumming up new ideas for stamps, projects, products. Do you have a 'drug' of choice? You and Tim wear me out!

Becky T. said...

I haven't posted in awhile so I wanted to remind you that you're the best! Have a great weekend! :-)

Karla Anderson said...

Glad to hear you will be demoing in Madison - sad your not teaching a class. No offered classes caught my eye so I guess that means more $$ to buy supplies!

Lori said...

Congrats to the winners! Great info in the question/answer segment, always enjoy reading those.

Linda R said...

WHA HOOOOO - I won ;-) Even without winning (although I'm so excited I can hardly stand it) this is my favorite Blog!!! I LOVE your style, and the there is magic in the details! The question/answer post is always a favorite and so valuable, so thank you so much. I'm so happy you are living your dream and sharing the ups, downs, and surprises with us all. You make art and it makes us wanna make art ;-) Thank you for this generous gift, I appreciate you.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG GIRL, You sure know how to write an AWESOME Q&A post!! Thanks for all of the info and for always being true to who you are and what you do!! I just LOVE hearing from you and you REALLY SPOILED us this week!! Anwway, can't wait for all of the fun to come and I hope you have a GREAT WEEKEND!!
P.S Congrats to the winners HAVE FUN GIRLS!! =)
P.S.S.Paul my thoughts and prayers are still with you for fast and sturdy recovery!!

Liz in MO said...

As somebody that was lucky enought to be in those classes, girls you are going to love those kits!!!!! i love these question and answer posts!!! Can't wait for whats next!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Congrats to the winners!!!!! Thanks, Wendy, for all the answered questions!!! I will be making art most of the day today... yay!!!!

Marijane said...

Congrats to the winners! Your Q & A posts are a "goldmine" of information - you've made my day. Thanks for all the valuable info and I can't wait to see what other Christmas ideas you have in store for us!

Debby said...

Congratulations to the winners. Thank you for the questions and answers. Those are always helpful. By the way I loved the last class!