here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, February 11, 2011

idea-ology print tray...

grab a beverage...
this could be a long post...

this was my most favorite CHA project...
ever...
OK...@ least for today...

I LOVE it because it's LOADED with my art parts & LOTS of idea-ology goodness...
both new & current...

I started by misting the outside of the print tray with espresso color wash...
& then spread the color around with a piece of cut N dry foam...

then I edged each little compartment with the gold paint dabber and lined each compartment with tim's papers...
some are from the lost & found paper stash...
and some are the new (YUMMY) crowded attic stash...

here's a look @ the whole print tray...

ink & make 490 art...

the letters are tim's cool grunge blocks...
LOVE LOVE LOVE them!


starting @ the top left...

I distressed tim's new plaquette with coffee archival ink to make it look really old...

it's attached to an art parts scallop...
sized to fit configurations...

(I did 3 new sizes, so there's something to fit the current configurations...PERFECTLY....)

the ink bottles are art parts with coordinating stamps...

the mini flower is a new art part & I used just half of the scroll/leaf art part...
tim's mini star is stamped on a
cutout from the spools package...

#55 was inked with jet black archival to easily change the color of the number...

the "make" compartment houses a new nib...

and the bottom right is my FAVORITE accoutrement button layered over a new one...


I flippin LOVE the art parts pocket watch...
and I have an idea that's brewin...
can't wait to try it...

the pocket watch is painted with the gold dabber & accented with jet black & coffee archival to tone it down a bit...

the inside is a perfect fit for a 2 inch circle punch...
so I stamped my new medicine label on a scrap & punched it out...

I stamped the flower (using the gold dabber) onto Clearly For Art BLACKOUT...
and layered it with some foliage...

the hanger clip is just soooo stinkin cute...
the photo is a mini from the lost & found paper pad...



new stuff in the photo below...
the moth is cut from tim's crowded attic paper...
the "m" is an alpha part...
the numbers inside the corked vial are cut from a calendar in the lost & found papers...




the nib made a good butterfly body...
the butterfly is stamped on BLACKOUT...

the "art" compartment is supposed to look like an envelope...
I cut a piece of felt to look like a flap & added an accoutrement button for the closure...

the mini truck is an art part with a coordinating stamp...


here's the other half of the art parts scroll/leaf...

the light bulbs are sooo fun to hang...

the new art parts scallop corner makes a good roof...
in addition to a corner...

the fractured doll is adorable...
this is the mini one...

proprietor is from the medicine label stamp...
it's stamped on a section of the straight flower stem...

I LOVE the mini art parts hand...
it's stamped with the mini "OPEN" stamp...
I made a bracelet with the ball chain...


more art parts scallops...
and part of an art part residence...


oh...and here's the large art parts truck with coordinating stamp...


and a closer shot of the large truck...
this time I accented the truck with some hitch fasteners...
a snap & added a mini face peeking out the window...
"contents" is a portion of this stamp...
the corner was a good fit...


here's the new heart...

dried it...
and then stamped on it with jet black archival...

the hanger clip fit perfectly on the hitch fastener...
"h" is an alpha part...


after each compartment was complete, I glued them right to the tray...

everything was glued with either Glossy Accents or Claudine's multi medium...

it's large...about 12 x 16...

I think it's a great project, even if you only have small increments of time to create...
oops...make art...

just complete a mini collage in each compartment
& before you know it...
it will be complete & ready to hang...

I have to say that making the tray was so much fun...
I really was sad when it was finished...
can't wait to get it back & hang it in my studio...

and speaking of studio...
what's in the box?




because I'm storing them in the box upright, I added little color swatches to make it easier to grab the right color...

I just dabbed each stain on a manila tag, punched out a 1/2 inch circle & glued it to the lid...

they are in the box...
for easy access, right on my workspace,
because I WILL be using these guys every day!

for sure...
I totally LOVE them...

and...

GET THIS!!!

they have shipped & are in stock...here!

yippee...
THANKS to Ranger for getting them shipped out so quickly...
they're awesome!



next...
Simon Says filmed a video about my "Clearly for ART" products...


I tease Rick because he talks with his hands...
ALL THE TIME...

after watching this video...
I think it's best to not tease him anymore...
just saying...
tie my hands & I probably can't speak either...

AND...

if you happen to be in the Clearwater, Florida area
on Saturday...
pop over to STAMPFEST...

visit with Ted...
watch him demo...
be entertained...

see the AWESOMELY COOL
BEAUTIFUL BRAND NEW BOOTH...


Ok...
I think I covered everything...

I wish you a WARM wonderful weekend...

may you be inspired to...

make art!
wendy
ps...I better make a valentine for my sweetie...

53 comments:

sue said...

I can't wait for the tray to ship. I have so many ideas and thing to do with it. Just showed it to a friend and she is excited too. Happy Valentine's Day.

Nancy D. said...

I got to see this piece in person at CHA & just loved it!!!...so clever of you to make your Art Parts sized to fit the configurations. I think it's great when a company's products all go hand in hand...kudos to the designer's..& we all know who they are!

Debby said...

Wow what a cool project! Can't wait to create with some of that new stuff. I still have the largest configurations box to play with so I can see it will be fun to use the new art parts when they come out. Thanks for sharing!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is so cool. I really love that watch frame.

HEIDI MIRELES said...

I love your creations. I feel like I need to run and play in my craft studio.

Debby said...

Unbelievably Awesome!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the new stuff.

Noreen said...

You really know how to use those art parts! Awesome creation!!

judith@poppy cottage said...

It's just fabulous Wendy. We have to be a little more patient here in the UK, but it all looks awesome. Your box is just a treat to the eyes. Judith xx

Erika M. said...

I'm just loving your creation!

Shirley said...

The photos do not do it justice. I saw it at CHA and it is fabulous! Like Judith said above, "Your box is a treat to the eyes."

Anita said...

Amazing tips! What a great project!

Cim Allen said...

I love the tray .. I can't wait for the art parts to arrive .. that little truck is the coolest ! I can't wait to try out the distress stains either

SusanK said...

Flap dangle is that a humdinger! After watching the clearly for art video I was thinking how cool (or not depending on which side you're on) to use this with a vehicle or bicycle die and mush up the fender(s) for an accident. Sick? Nah, just trying to see the humor in life.

linda said...

Oh Wendy, I love this project!d might it be a class some day?

linda
http://scrappedtreasures.com

Ranger Certified Ink & Embossing
Ranger Certified Perfect Pearls

Dawnll said...

This is just so amazing- the details are what always grab me. I so enjoy all the ideas and inspiration.
My husband is Italian and between the two of us it looks like a sign language convention when we talk...lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a fantabulous piece of art! Each section a mini masterpiece. Lots of work, I know, but so worth it!

Liz in MO said...

OH, OH, OH. . .

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

BEAUTIFUL! I could look at this for days. Realy loving all the details you added - just a real masterpiece.

Elaine Allen

Dorothy said...

That is drop dead gorgeous Wendy!! By the way...I love my gold paint dabber!!!

mamakat said...

Very cool project and so much information that my head is spinning! Working on a Valentine right now but already planning for next projects. Can't wait to get my hands on some of these new goodies that you all have been teasing us with!

Helen said...

I think this is my favourite EVER project you've done, too. I so want one of these trays (only just got my first configuration box, lol!) I can't wait to have a go.
Thanks so much for sharing so much detail about how you put it together. Off to the video now...

Angie Lentz said...

WOW. I Loooooove it!!! I think you are great at what you do!!!

michelle said...

That is an amazing piece of art! Thanks for sharing!

jackib said...

omg! that must have taken forever to complete - very funky!

Unknown said...

Whew! That was a long post! I think it's Saturday already! lol Just kidding. Love it when you give all the details. And, thanks for including the link to the video.

Etta said...

It's easy to see why this is your favorite piece of CHA artwork...it is AWESOME!!! Surprise!!! I LOVE it too!!! You outdid yourself Wendy!!! Thanks for sharing the details.

slbt17 said...

WOW!
Sandra ltb

Marijane said...

Love getting the details for this amazing project! I have a small configurations box that I'm now confident I have plenty of ideas to complete. The SSS video showing your Clearly For Art was great and offered so much information on the product. I learned a lot!

Unknown said...

Did you sketch out your ideas ahead of time Wendy? Or do you just go with the flow and put in what you want at the moment. I'm a nervous nelly and the glue as you go would be tough for me. You have created an amazing piece!! Sweet details. I DO love the watch piece and can't wait to get my hands on at least one. Thanks!!

Nancy S said...

I love Tim's new printer's tray! So many possibilities. Of course you have given it your own take and Wendy Vecchiized it! Love it.

jan metcalf said...

Inspired here. Love how you are storing your stains! Would love to see more of how you use them in creating art!

Bethan said...

FAB-UL-OUS!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

... one word, shouted loudly...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is... totally.....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!! xx

lois Skiathitis said...

No wonder this is your favorite, in a word it is absolutely gorgeous. So much to see. I think I'll stay here for awhile and get my fill. You never get tired of looking because I always find something new. I'll call it art for the soul. TFS!!! :-D

Marilyn L. said...

Love the post - each section of the tray is an art exhibit in its own right. You are amazing - creative and oh so genius! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to make art!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

I love your tray--those are my kind of colors. I can't wait for the new products to hit the LSS.. Or some online shopping in my future......thank you for sharing how the Clearly Art works. I have some and have to really work with more. I made one flower a while back-and have not been back to it...You have inspired me again. Thank you--ksh

Tara C said...

I like to shop at my LSS to give them the business but I'm am dying to get my hands on all the stains-- as I see them popping up at all the on line store it's hard to resist not ordering them!!! I am dying!!! Gotta have 'em gotta have 'em!! This obsession of mine may be why I'm not sleeping at night. I wonder if I should be medicated for this--do you think if I got a Dr excuse ranger would send me everything early because it's an obsession?? really I have a disease it needs to be treated!!! Lol thanks for the blog idea love the top idea-- indo that wi my alcohol inks!!!

Lori said...

Love, love, love this! Wonderful work, Wendy, so much to look at, but all so cohesive! Fabulous!

octlove said...

lovin' the print tray & all the bits you put inside...can't wait to get a hold of that art parts pocket watch along with all your other goodies:)

Vic said...

I've wanted a tray since the first time I saw it! Now, I must have many! LOL Thatnks for all your inspiration.

JILL said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Wendy, I totally love your box!!!! Every detail is fabulous!!! I'm soooooooooooo glad you get it back!!!! Off to watch the video!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

I seen your print tray at CHA it is outstanding!! One of my favorite pieces at the show!! And it was so nice to see you at the show, just wish I would have had more time! Love all your new releases and can't wait to get a chance to play with them!!

Glen said...

I loved this when I first saw it in CHA photos Wendy. *Ü* It's awesome. Such a lovely piece to hang on a wall. I love your style and have been visiting your blog for a while now. Thank you for sharing your creativity and talents. ~Glen~

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fantastic piece of art wendy! I love everything you did with it and can't wait for all the new products to start showing up in stores so we can play.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous!!

Karen Goulet said...

The Art Parts....I adore them!
Your project is a treasure box that is filled with treasure boxes.
And..You are a treasure Wendy!

mamakat said...

OMG!!! the exploding box has arrived in sunny California. Where the heck did you manage to store 15 of these babies? Can't wait to make me some ART!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is amazing, tu so much for sharing every little inch, I adore this and need ALL that stuff right now.

Nancy said...

I LOVE this!! I've got 2 of the smaller boxes sitting here to do - guess I should get to them, but maybe I'll wait 'til I have your new Parts. Yeah, I like that idea! lol

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!! That's all I can
say...I LOVE THE PRINT TRAY!!! It's on my GOTTA have list and I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

Karen S. Ohio

Stamping part manufacturer said...

WAL INDUSTRIES - Exporter and manufacturer of stamping part, stamping die, stamped press component, stamped pressed parts, sheet metal components, sheet metal components, sheet metal parts, industrial sheet metal components, precision sheet metal components, automotive sheet metal components, pressed sheet metal components, brass stamped pressed components, automobile sheet metal components and stamped press component.

Lassia said...

Thanks for sharing with us
Nirmiti Stampings Pvt. Ltd: Sheet Metal Pressed Components,