here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, February 20, 2009

studio 490 acrylic cover...

Yippee...got the front cover done.

Please...IGNORE the glare in the left top corner & the bottom right...
My photography skills suck...

Anyway...I cut the Graphic 45 paper so that the word "specimen" fit, to work with the title...and stitched the different papers together to look like a quilt...


I LOVE this pointing finger from the MAIL ART set...Stamped on grunge, it's fun to bend it just a bit.



The flower on the right is the daisy from the first release. Just cut off the stem & leaves...add a different center... This creates another look.
Versatile...



Like the stamp @ the top says...it's all in the details...the little things really do add interest to the finished project...

so...to add a bit of a frame to the cover, I used Ranger's gold paint dabber & edged the cover. It's a small detail...but a finishing touch. The best part...it's quick & EASY! Dries in a flash...




Back to the ordering info...
It's all on the bottom of yesterday's post. But...I got these questions too...

YES...you get both the front & back cover when you order.

YES...the 3 giant binding rings are included in the price.

How many sets do they hold?
I have 7 sets in each. It's the perfect storage...lots of stamps in a tiny space & it's sooo easy to flip thru, to find exactly what you need.

YES...Stampers Anonymous does sell the PLAIN WHITE SCALLOP sheets. Those work well for storage of any cling or clear stamps. Just type that into the comment section. They are $2.00 each & hold a bunch. And the cool thing is that you can use both the front & the back of the sheets and get double the storage on each sheet.

I think I got everything this time.
If not...
just ask away!

Time to pack up for tomorrows workshop...
If I hurry, I'll have time to do more on the cover and...

Make art!
wendy

oops...one more thing...
GRUNGEPAPER ships next week.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks wonderful, Wendy. One last question (yeah, right!)...do you use Glossy Accents to adhere everything to the acrylic, or what?

Linda M. Cain said...

Good question Jeanne....great project Wendy!

2amscrapper said...

Well, Wendy, I just had to post too. Great idea to make a cover--perfect to show off the stamps waiting inside. Yours is fantastic, of course! I just got in the mail those Maya Road metal blossoms so now I gotta go back and look at your tutorial so that I can MAKE FLOWERS!!!!!

D's Paper Studio said...

Have fun fun fun. I was just at the show with Ted and he did not have the new stamps!!!!!! But he's putting them in the mail Monday for me along with my "binder." I can not wait. I love the cover...you had to have done...for a sample for SA. Your samples are really cool to. I'm glad I got to see them.

I'm holding my breath for the grungepaper.

I hope enjoy your self greatly.

Debby said...

Wendy,
Thank you for the wonderful class on Saturday. I really enjoyed using the grungeboard and the new paper. I am looking forward to making some more flowers. I love your new stamps and can't wait to get some more of them. Thanks for the inspiration to create!


Debby

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is FABULOUS Wendy! I too adore the details! :)