here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, April 12, 2010

let the change begin...

Happy Monday!!

It's been a BUSY weekend here...

Saturday was a blast...
I had 2 workshops with my "regular-always come" friends...

and we had some new gals join us this time.

The new gals had not used grunge before...
or distress inks...
or blending tools...

I gave them the opportunity to bail out before we began...

I told them the stuff was addicting...
that if they touched it...
the addiction happens immediately...


they were warned...
the chose to stay!

it's NOT my fault...

now we have some new (addicted) art friends to join the workshops.

It's a pleasure for me to see someone new "get it", have fun and get excited @ the possibilities.

That's why I do what I do...

The workshops were sold out, but friends still stopped by to say hi and to admire the ART everyone was creating...it's a REALLY great group!!

THEN...I SHOPPED...more on that later...

We spent all day yesterday clearing out the rooms for the painters...
they are here & working NOW...YIPPEE.

I'm still trying to figure out who bought all this stuff???????

YIKES!


Here's the OLD BATH...
Hopefully by the end of the week, I can show you the new makeover...



And hopefully...SOON after...
we'll get that cabinet here & the office all rearranged...
and our bedroom...
and the laundry room...
once they have the painting done...

and we have 999 kits to make too...
and packing for classes this weekend...
and my demo stuff to get ready...

So, if I'm AWOL this week, you'll know where I am...

Now about that shopping...

FINALLY...
for those of us who LOVE to work on the tags...
which are clay coated manila...

but want to make larger backgrounds or larger die cuts...

the same AWESOME material is now available in sheets...
yep...
a HUGE...YIPPEE...

They are available in 12 x 12 and also 8 1/2 x 11.

Imagine the possibilities...larger cards...scrapbook pages...larger backgrounds...tim's die cuts...

We'll also be selling the sheets @ the Stampers Anonymous booth @ conventions...

It's FUN STUFF!

And the Cinch has entered the building!!!

This product blew me away @ CHA...

I've been patiently waiting for it's release...

I watched the demo @ CHA & knew I needed one...

When I LOVE something I'll tell everyone...

so...what is it that I LOVE about the Cinch?

1. it's SIMPLE to use!

2. you can easily punch small or long pages...

any size you want...24 inches or more??...YOU BET!

3. it has a built in rack...just set the coil on it...

add the pages...add the covers...lift off & close the coils. SIMPLE & oh so much easier to thread the coils...

4. the BI ALL coils work with the Cinch...yippee!

SO...no waste if you have them already!

5. a tray catches all the punch waste & is EASY to remove & empty.

6. a nice large handle, which seems to make it so easy to punch...

7. and I saved the best for last...

the video doesn't show this but...

look @ the photo below...

if the plugs are pushed IN, a hole is punched...

if you pull the plug OUT...no hole is punched.

So...say I want a unique binding...3 holes on the top, but 2 on the bottom...you CAN DO THIS...just by fixing the plugs...

AMAZING!!!

you can do any combination you'd like...

odd sizes...LOTS of possibilities...




It's a cinch...you'll LOVE the CINCH!
corny?? ha! I HAD to say that!!

I'm off to Home Depot...

Enjoy your day & I hope you can take some time to ...

make art!
wendy

27 comments:

Jenna Kellso said...

That looks so fun! What a great idea for bookbinding!

Debby said...

Had lots of fun on Saturday. Loved the projects. Wish I could go to Rockford but I am going broke!

Liz in MO said...

Wow, I can't imagine an entire sheet of tag material!! How cool.

Tona said...

I watched a video on the Cinch yesterday & was wishing that I didn't already have a bind-it-all.

Crissi Harvey said...

aw the Clinch is just like the machines we used to use at work to make calenders many moons ago but a slightly smaller version so can see how this is gonna be fantastic for us crafters.

SusanK said...

Fab Saturday - thanks again so much! You're making me want a binding machine...grrr! LOL The idea of larger sheets of clay-coated manila cardstock is super! No time to play today - gotta put away Saturday's new toys and some other stuff. But soon!

patricia smith said...

Oh no, Wendy! I do not need to fall in love with one more thing! The Cinch looks like a take it home with me item!

I wish I could take a class with you.

Hugs,
Pat Smith

Helena said...

Looks nice that Cinchy thingy. It's a shame I already have the BIA. But who knows...

jan metcalf said...

Good luck on the house redo!

carpediem said...

I've had my eye on the cinch since I saw the CHA videos. It's definitely on my wish list now if you saw it and were impressed!!!

Julie said...

Great info and great ideas! You are always on the cutting edge with the latest. Thank you! Are there fast and easy ways to make a larger tag or smaller with the same kind of slanted edges at the top since there are lots of size opportunities with the 12"x12" sheet of manila?

Cim Allen said...

That Cinch looks pretty user friendly .. it has to be easier than the Bind it All .. not one of my favorite things. I think most of it is operator error though.. LOL. Good luck with all your painting .. I love your old bathroom !!!

garnetgirl said...

Oh, boy, still another neat-o binding system!! My hubbie will just need to get another job to support my paper crafting addi..., er, I mean, hobby! Thanks for sharing!!

Dawn said...

Wendy, I wish that I could say that I was a regular in your workshops... Maybe you and Rick could move closer to the beach- we have nice stores here for shopping and the beach, and we have painters and home depot and the beach and we also have animlas and trees and lots of other stuff and the beach- see you could probably be really comfy here and then we could make art! Sounds like a great idea to me! :)

Anonymous said...

For once I can say I beat you to it! My Cinch came last week! Yes, I have a B-I-A, but never loved the way it worked. What totally sold me on this (besides the coolness of being able to adjust the number and location of the holes punched) is that the nine billion B-I-A coils I already have will work with it!
I've already packed the B-I-A and sent it to someone who will appreciate it.
Thanks for the info on the manila sheets....sounds like another must-have.
Well, if you have shelter, and you have art supplies, isn't food just optional?
Eileen in NYC

Etta said...

Sooooo envious I was not one of thhose people at Saturday's workshop. I'll be there for Stampfest Orlando, right on the front row, waiting and ready! Can't wait.!!! Oh, and don't forget to show us ALL the rooms you are doing/redoing! It's such at treat to see your decorating! It's YOUR ART, just in a different form!

Lori said...

Thanks for a great class Sat. Was great to get together with all those fun gals. That Cinch is amazing. Glad I put off buying a binding machine...till now.....but I'm afraid it will have to wait until I catch up from all the new dies, inks and stamps...lol.....

nonnie said...

can´t wait to see the bigger clay based sheets - just today I was trying to piece together 2 tags to make a bigger background - LOL - that can end soon!!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the manila cardstock info. I've only been able to find a wholesaler of this fabulous stuff. I like using index card dividers, but I've needed this size for ages. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I can't wait to see your new bathroom! Hope Home Depot was fun.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

I am sorry I missed the class ... always a great time in your classes! Looks like a lot of work going on in the Vecchi house! Hope you get your kits made...and of course have some time to make us art!

Art By Wanda said...

Wow, I'm tired just thinking of everything you have to do!! Hmmm... Wendy says I need the Cinch, I guess I need the Cinch :-)) 17 Days until Iowa!!!!

Scrapthat said...

Good luck with the makeover Wendy!! Hope it turns out fabulous!! :)

Unknown said...

Great! I just bought a bind it all. I have not opened it yet maybe they will take it back. Thanks for the tip.
Sue

Anita said...

Have fun with the painters. The cinch looks amazing. TFS!

Helen said...

Oh heck, I love that Cinch. I don't have a BIA so.... but will have to save up for a while first.
Hope the decorating is going fine.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Can't wait to see the new bathroom Wendy :) Ooh the Cinch looks great but as I have the BIA I can't justify buying one :-/
Anne xx

slbt17 said...

I am so excited about the paper, thanks for the info!
Sandra