here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, April 8, 2010

thanks...thanks and more thanks!

WOW!!

A MILLION thank YOU's for all the wonderful comments about the Paper Crafts blog hop.

I TOLD you it would be really fun!
Talk about amazing contributions from everyone involved....


I was very impressed! It's fun to see what others SEE.

and MORE thank you's to everyone who has signed up for this Saturday's workshops @ Scrapbook Friend'z, in Bloomington, Illinois ...

WITHOUT even seeing one of the projects...
YIKES...

You guys are very TRUSTING!
Last I heard...there were only 2 seats left. REALLY TRUSTING...

Ok...on Saturday we'll start with this very fun...
ALL grunge...
perfectly practical pocket journal...




and then after lunch we'll be making this...???

Well since you haven't seen the final finished real deal...
I'll just show you some peeks...

I LOVE the new memo pins...a LOT!



Oh look...the saying is a perfect fit for the 1 1/2 inch square memory frame...
who planned that???

and yes...the glaze pen dots are on top of the memory glass for more dimension...



one final peek...

we fired up the Big Shot Express & cut LOTS of textured grungeboard with tim's new Sizzix alterations regal crest die...

You KNOW what's coming next...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dies...
SERIOUSLY...
LOVE them...

and I LOVE to use my background stamps over them!

See that peek of yellow in the lower right corner?

It's my new favorite...butterscotch pigment...

I've been using it on everything...with the blending tool...what FUN!


OK...gotta run...

LOTS to do here...

The painters will start Monday for a redo of the main bath (getting rid of the wallpaper...I'm so OVER wallpaper...loved it...now it's out of here...), our bedroom, the office and the laundry room.

I HATE chaos...but I think that's on the agenda for next week...

I may need a mojito for medicinal purposes only...just thinking ahead...

so...after the painting is done...

we can FINALLY bring my Christmas gift home...

I been waiting a LONG time for sure. My brother was teasing me that if we didn't get it here soon...it would need to be refinished again... YIKES!!! I GOT the hint!

Off to finish the kits and write some instructions for Saturday...

I hope to recruit Rick to help with stamping...

if we can crank the kits out...

and get the supplies all packed...

I may be able to squeeze in a few minutes to...

make art!

wendy

35 comments:

joy said...

Sure wish I lived close enough to take that class - what great projects!! Love those memo pins, too....

Anonymous said...

If I lived near you I'd sure be in one of those two available seats!
Good luck with the painting....that's almost as bad as moving!
Love your sneak peeks, and yes, I did also have a lot of fun on the blog hop.
Eileen in NYC

Unknown said...

I wish I was closer too ... even the same continent would be cool :0) Delicious looking classes you have there and ... I got Stamper's Sampler ... S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G article ... I just keep ooooohing and arrrrhing X

borcherding said...

Um...sure wish I get to use those memo pins in a few weeks. *hint, hint*

Helen said...

I love these projects and wish I could be there too. Perhaps I could come in Linda's suitcase, I'm sure she'd never notice...I'm quite little, I wouldn't take up much room...

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

Loved all the sneak peaks. Wish I lived close enough to take one of your classes - sigh! Good luck with the wallpaper removal and painting. Let me know how hard or easy it was to remove the wallpaper. I have a small bathroom, the kitchen and dining room with wallpaper (like you loved it then, ready to get rid of it now). I've been putting it off for a while - because I keep thinking its going to be a bear to get off. Sooooo - you are the test case - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Love the project and yes, I would sign up for your class without seeing the project! Without a doubt. Sadly, I can't make this workshop on saturday...I made plans to go to CKC in St Louis. Next class...I am there! I promise. Blog hop was fun...love to see what others are doing...you are still my favorite (wink wink)! Thanks for sharing such wonderful ART!

SusanK said...

So psyched about Saturday cuz I really really r-e-a-l-l-y need a Wendy fix! LOL Love the 2 new projects..even sight unseen. You have never disappointed me so let the inking and grunging begin!

Debby said...

Can't wait until Saturday's class. It looks like lots of fun! Thanks for the peeks.

jan metcalf said...

You are a hoot! Have fun Saturday, without me this time. :( Some day I will travel to a class!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh more fab stuff Wendy, love the pocket journal :)
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Saturday - a little suspense is so much fun! The "peeks" of the 2nd project have really sparked my excitement. Marijane

Etta said...

L'm...SICK, SICK, SICK, I CAN'T BE THERE for class this weekend. I guess I'll have to settle for...just THINKING ABOUT YA. HARDLY seems good enough.

Unknown said...

Wendy, you always amaze me. I purchased the flower die and the bird cage die. I am having fun with them. See you in St. Louis at the end of the month.
Sue

Lori said...

Yay, Saturday will be awesome! Can't wait! Don't envy you the painting thing, I've done the painting, and the living in it at the same time, not pretty!

patricia smith said...

Your classes would be awesome, no matter the subject. You really inspire me. Sad to say you won't be out here in the No. CAl sticks, so will miss it.

Love what you did with the grungeboard. I must get some. Hugs, Pat

michelle said...

Oh so wish I was closer and I would sign up just knowing it was a class by you . . . I have yet to see a project that I did not like!

Artyjen said...

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas present in all it's glory :)
xoxo

Primitive Seasons said...

Hi Wendy: Just wanted to let you know that I ordered twice from Simon Says Stamp and wasn't impressed with the service. They were out of a set of yours I wanted so I ordered direct from Stampers Anonymous today and Margaret promised a quick ship so I told her I'd be sure and tell you. AND I finally got my Wendy Vecchi haircut!!! If I wasn't so ugly, I'd send you a picture. You are an inspiration lady!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

mikki said...

almost know the way from evanston
to bloomington by heart. can't wait til saturday. not only will
class b great but get to shop for
more stamps{studio 490, of course)

Tona said...

Your projects look wonderful!

patricia smith said...

I just found out today that the grungeboard will be on sale at Tuesday Morning on Friday, tomorrow in a nearby town. I am going to try to get over & buy some. Then maybe I can do a smidgen of what you do, girl!
Hugs, Pat Smith

Dawn said...

tell them to paint fast I cant wait to see the cabinet from your brother! Have fun making ART, I wish that I could take your classes.
Hugs to you from the beach!
Dawn in SC

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Sure wish I lived closer and could take your classes!

Anonymous said...

just luv your peeks! good luck next week...painters make me crazy...they r so...umm...well...u will see :) Cher

Art By Wanda said...

The projects look wonderful!!! I'm counting down... 22 days until you are in Ankeny!! Can't wait!!!

julie m said...

the pocket journal is so great. i would never put it in my pocket though. wouldn't want to crush any of the fab embellies.

slbt17 said...

wow ... love what I see!
Sandra

Shannon said...

I need to move closer to you Wendy so that I can take one of your amazing classes. Either that or we need to get you to Arizona more. We all know there is definitely an incentive for you to come to AZ.....Tim of course.

Michele K said...

Hi Wendy: I checked out a couple of the blog's you shared and NO ONE has eye candy like yours! I wish I could come to the class tomorrow but I am working! Take care and have fun!

Kathy JH said...

Wow - sure wish I could come to that class. You need to come to Cincinnati sometime! Love all the sneak peaks!

NitaBugg said...

Yuck...good lucky with the painting. Need to do some of that myself, but I keep putting it off. Love the fabric flowers...now I know what to use the worn out clothes for.

patricia smith said...

Wendy, I took your advice, and have been doing my first ever blog hop. I was unable to leave a comment on a couple of the sites.

I love all the talent I was able to admire, and without this hop never would have known about some of the other gals. Thanx!

I still favor yours, but all were good. Hugs, Pat Smith

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh Yes! If Mister Rick helps you....that means you can make more pretties ;) We LOVE that Idea...

GO MISTA RICK...GO MISTA RICK! GO GO GO MISTA RICK!!!

tee hee...

Scrap by Rô said...

Hi Wendy... Love the pocket journal and the cage... When can I see more of them?? ;)
Hugs
Rosana