here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the weekend was...

FABULOUS & WONDERFUL!

I drove to For Keeps Sake in St Louis on Thursday...
went right to the store & unloaded my STUFF...
LOTS of stuff...
I bet they feared I was staying for a month...

We spent Friday SHOPPING & eating our way around St. Louis.
Just as expected...
Nancy was an awesome tour guide.

I was a fairly cheap date until I saw THE BRACELET"...
I lost my mind...
I had to have it...it has flowers...

I've said it before...
some days I'm a cheap date...
sometimes...not so much. But I try...really I do Rick...

Sue is the store's official photographer...
so thank her for the photos!

This is the display that Timi set up, using the samples I brought...


Our first workshop on Saturday started with SHOPPING...

for shoe lasts!

Each person chose the shoe that spoke to them...

This is cool...
Shirley found one with her maiden name on it...

I also found one with "MARY"...and we happened to have just one Mary in the class...

PERFECT!


I set up a NO CAL art buffet...
loaded with lots of cool STUFF...
Each person chose embellishments that spoke to them...

I had lots of images stamped on grunge & ready to be inked...

I had high expectations for this workshop...
I hoped that people would see what I saw...
the potential of these shoes...

these gals did not disappoint...

Each & EVERY one was sooo unique...
they used the new distress ink colors...

I was TOTALLY impressed...
this is what it's all about, this teaching stuff...

Prepare to be amazed...



More...



I won't post photos of all 30...
but here's a few more...



and another...
I LOVE that face!



last one...




The second workshop was the LOADED Maya Road layer book...
*
We had fun...we made mini art!
*
THANK YOU NANCY & TIMI for the invite and
THANKS to everyone in the classes...
You ALL did a GREAT job!
I shall return!
*
Now about that GIVEAWAY...
FIRST winner...left this comment...
*
CONGRATS to...stampinbetsy...
I was in Akron this weekend to take Tim's classes and do the convention! Lots of your stamps flying off the walls at the Stampers Anon booth!!! I had a great time and am totally inspired! stampinbetsy at yahoo dot com
*
and since I made you wait an extra day...
we'll give away 2 goodie packages...
*
SECOND winner...
CONGRATS to SHERE!

Shere said...
I love your work and just wanted to say a quick hello (I always lurk). When I saw your b-room, my first thought was that it looked exactly like your artwork! It's gorgeous (that too is just like your art). TFS
*
Please send your snail mail info (wbv1213@hughes.net) and we'll get a goodie package off to both of you.
*
If you're "in NEED" of a little retail therapy...like me...
I see Tim's NEW Sizzix Alterations dies are on SALE here...
*
just sayin...
if you NEED any...
and I see studio 490 stamps on sale too...
*
just sayin...
We MUST do our part to help the economy...
it's our civic DUTY...
*
That's what I told Rick (bracelet)...
he believed it...I think?
*
Today we're making MORE kits...
stamping...packing & getting ready for the weekend @ Memory Bound in Ankeny Iowa...
*
4 workshops...4 chances to have fun & get inky!
But before we start the kits...
I bought a little something in St. Louis...
but it needs a bit of altering...
*
Come back tomorrow...
I'll show you...
I'll take a quick break from making kits & I'll...
make art!
wendy

37 comments:

Chirpin Is Fun said...

So where is the picture of the bracelet?

Glad you had an awesome weekend.

Cim Allen said...

I can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow ! All the shoes turned out so good, but with you as a teacher .. how couldn't they :) Have a great day !

SusanK said...

Great shoe last class! I'll have to get started on mine soon. Shopping with you must be a blast!

Anonymous said...

welllllllllllll I luv the lasts!!! Not sure u saw my email about where u can get more...or asking about the rusting solution u refer to in your Stampers Sampler article..need some of that stuff! Glad yer back ..for the moment! u are one busy woman! ty for sharing the pics! cher
hilly77 at comcast dot net

Liz in MO said...

Cool beans baby!!!!! Would have loved to have been there, maybe next time. . .

Scrapthat said...

Very cool! Seems like you've been gone forever! Nice to have you back blogging!

Heidi said...

These look fantastic!!!

Colleen said...

Love the shoe project. how fun. Just wondering if you plan on coming back to Scrapaganza in Davenport sometime. I had to miss your last visit and was hoping to get to take one of your awesome classes.

Unknown said...

No picture of the bracelet? The one with FLOWERS?? That's just not fair!
Love the shoes!!

Lori said...

Wow, wow, wow. That's all I can say, WOW.
That, and congrats to the winners!

Julie said...

Congrats to the winners!
Cool shoes! Are they real shoe molds for making shoes or for craft purposes only or both?
No Studio 490 class project this year at StampFest Orlando?

Sharon Margiotta said...

Great lasts!

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming to For Keeps Sake Wendy! We loved every minute, okay not the flood, but I digress . . . hugs. . . sue kelemen
forkeepssake.typepad.com

slbt17 said...

what cool projects!
Sandra

Debby said...

The shoes were amazing. Did you like Ted Drew's? That place has awesome custard. Might have to go there on Thursday if it is warm down there. I want to see the bracelet. I love bracelets! Looking forward to seeing what you made today.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

I love all the feet! And you could have shown us ALL of them. Wanna see the bracelet! Congrats to the winners.

Anonymous said...

What a cool project! Now, where can a person go to get one of those old lasts? Or are they not old?
Well, whatever they are, they are perfect for altering, and everyone did a great job of it.
Eileen in NYC

michelle said...

Wondering where the bracelet picture went . . . the shoes rock so wonderful and fun!

borcherding said...

I've looked at my mini book a million times. LOVE it!! It was great to see you!!

patricia smith said...

Wendy, that is so cute! I think you outdid yourself with a shoes class! We like flowers, too, so yes we want to see the bracelet!
Hugs, Pat Smith

julie m said...

you showed all the great shoe lasts done by the students, but you must have done one yourself to use as a sample for the class... just wondering if we could see that one (or more) too. pretty please!

Helen said...

WOW those pics look great - what an amazing day everyone must have had, wish I wasn't the wrong side of the ocean!!

Tona said...

Love what everybody did with their shoes!
Congrats to the winners.

Lisa M. Pace said...

Okay this is the coolest class EVER!!! I love what everyone did... you are so awesome!!!!!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh wow!!! The display is fabulous as are all the works of art produced over the weekend. And I'm just loving those lasts; fantastic. To think we had our own when I was a very young girl, whatever happened to it I wonder (think many people did in those days to do their own shoe repairs, but think we had one 'cos my granddad had been a cobbler)
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Wendy I had a great time in your class at For Keeps Sakes. Even though we had a flood. Hope to see you back soon.
Sue

Kathy said...

Great Art everyone. It looks like the class was very successful. Shopping is therapy!!

Sandi M said...

Wow! Is there a place to buy those shoe forms? What a great item to alter! No bracelet photo????

Toni said...

very cool class.... :)

KAT said...

Wendy - those shoes are awesome - and where's the bracelet? You can't tell us about it and then not share it...

2amscrapper said...

Everything you posted is amazing, but we'd like to see the famous bracelet, too!

mikki said...

I'm on the hunt for some shoe lasts-
they'll make a nice companion for
my minature shoe collection!
When r u coming back to scrapbook
friendz?

Karla Anderson said...

I saw these shoe lasts at the antique store the other day for $5 each. I am so going back to pick them up! Hope to see you this weekend at Memory Bound - looking forward to making art with you!

Art By Wanda said...

The shoes are fabulous!!! They really did do a fantastic job!! Can't wait to see what you have to show us. Friday is approaching quickly. I'm coming up to Ankeny for the meet and greet!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Your classes are great. I'm so glad we took all 3 offered at Memory Bound this weekend. You are an awesome instructor (or enabler). We had a blast and learned a lot from you. Your art work is wonderful. I'll be making more roses. Thanks for all your tips and comments --- and we LOVE FLY POOP!!!
Marlene

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Oh wow!!! How cool are these :D
Guess what I'll be looking for on ebay next LOL :D

Unknown said...

does anyone know where i can buy a couple of pairs of shoe lasts that are not tooo expensive?