here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, January 21, 2011

a set a day...#12

hey...
it's FRIDAY & one day closer to CHA...
YIPPEE!

we were both up @ 4am...
too excited to sleep...

yikes! where's my coffee?

I have LOTS to share today...
let's get started...

so, on the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

another large stamp set called...

STEAMPUNK ART...


the steam punk guy has won my heart...
he's 3 inches tall...
so he's good for guy cards...
steam punk collages...
vintage layouts & more...

it's easy to make him dimensional
by stamping just his hat on a
grungeboard scrap & adding it over his hat...

I also like to use the bow tie from this guy, to add another little detail...

and...
because I LOVED him so much,
I made him an ART PART!
look how cute he is...


I designed the light bulb, with steampunk in mind...
and it's perfect to stamp on "clearly for art"...

it can then be cut out & rounded & easily made into a dimensional embellishment...
it too fits in the configurations compartments...

how true...
the hat makes the man...
I thought scrapbookers would like this for children's sport photos...
with baseball caps etc...
helmets...etc...



the vintage shoe fits in the victorian/steampunk era...
and it is
an ART PART too!

it was sized to fit in the configurations compartments...
the little buttons can be accented with long fasteners...

and if you want a shiny shoe...
just emboss it...

for sure we needed a simple saying for a title...
so we have...

steampunk art...
you can also use the word ART alone...

since steampunk involves altering heads with sprocket gears, watch parts, light bulbs and more...
I thought the last saying fit well...

it's large & fits the largest ART PARTS book plate...

and speaking of heads...

when I first discovered rubber stamping,
one of the very first Stampers Anonymous stamps
that I purchased was

I had absolutely no clue what I would do with her?
...him?
I had just started stamping & had only seen samples of "cute" stamping...

but I brought her home anyway...
the stamp IS art...

for some reason I connected with this face...



so, when I was designing this art parts release,
she came to mind & I decided I wanted

the head to be a
large ART PART...
(is that you Eileen? I hear someone cheering...)

she's large @ 4 1/2 inches tall...
I knew she would be tons of fun to alter...
and that there would be lots of possibilities...

I have use her several times & can report...
she really is FUN!

here's one version of what
the ART PART looks like when stamped...
and embellished...

the base is from the large square art parts frame...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ...
the mini ART PART HANDS!


that's the scoop on set #12...
STEAMPUNK ART...

it was a very fun set to design...

BREAKING NEWS...
if you love "clearly for art"...

we have added 2 new products to the "clearly" line...

introducing...
CLEARLY FOR ART BLACKOUT...

and CLEARLY FOR ART WHITEOUT...

these 2 new materials are opaque, but have the same magical properties of the original CLEARLY FOR ART sheets...

they can be heated, shaped & reshaped until you are completely satisfied...

they can be stamped or die cut...

they can be embossed...

and when they cool, the product is very sturdy...

here's an example of the
CLEARLY FOR ART BLACKOUT...

I used tim's tattered florals die to cut the flowers,
then the layers were stamped with my

the center bling is tim's button accoutrement...



and the CLEARLY FOR ART WHITEOUT is the perfect surface for alcohol inks...

this is denim & stonewash...
the stamping is done with jet black archival...


and here's the WHITEOUT again...

this time I used butterscotch pigment ink to color the WHITEOUT...

and scratched off some areas to make it more vintage...



so...think about this...

if you want that light bulb I showed you earlier to be white instead of clear...

you can stamp it on WHITEOUT...
and shape it...

I also like the bottle stamped on WHITEOUT...

and because the BLACKOUT & WHITEOUT are opaque...
that means the adhesive doesn't show thru...

if you look @ the butterfly sitting on the mini art parts hand (above)
that is stamped on BLACKOUT...

now if you scroll back to yesterday's post...
you'll see more examples of the BLACKOUT there too...

the little black flower in the ART PARTS pocket watch...
and the butterfly on the ART PARTS dress form are both stamped on BLACKOUT...

by changing the stamping surface,
you give stamps a whole new look & life!

other business stuff...
I've had lots of questions about the shipping schedule for my products...

here's what I know...

lots of stamps are MADE & ready to ship...

HOWEVER...
keep in mind that the first orders ship first...

so, those ordering on the FIRST day @ CHA get their orders the soonest...
for those further down on the list, those ship later...

stamp preorders in the US can be placed here...
Heidi will be @ CHA & I remember her RUNNING to order on the first day @ CHA summer...


as for the UK inquiries & the possibility of UK preorders...

I know several retailers are flying over & they will place stamp orders...

I spoke with Lin from LB Crafts in the UK & she will take
preorders for my stamps...
you can email her here...

linda@lbcrafts.com

I don't have an exact schedule for the ART PARTS shipping,
but I do know the guys are working very hard to get an inventory built up...

as for my book #4...
I'm guessing that will be in about 8 weeks...
and that's just my guess...

but that's OK...we have something to look forward too...
and can spread out our crafting $$$.

Have a GREAT Friday...
I'll be in the studio to...

make art!
wendy
ps... see you tomorrow with set #13...

55 comments:

slbt17 said...

wow, wow, WOW!
Loving this - the blackout and whiteout are amazing! Great job Wendy ....
Sandra ltb

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

More fabulous art Wendy. Love the flowers, fabby :-)
Anne xx

Heidi said...

I have been saving diligently waiting for your new stamps...and have added to the want list, the new art parts (the last ones were awesome too!!) and now clearly for art. I am sooooo excited!!

Cim Allen said...

I dont' know where to begin .. I love it all. The new clearly for art in the white and black will be so much fun !! Awesome as always Wendy .. Happy Friday

Nancy said...

OOOHH!! MORE fun stuff! (I LOVE the light bulb, Wendy - I have a real one from my grandparents, just like it! Hmmm ... have to think on some way to use them together, maybe ... a Config box? Hmm ... ok, after tax season ...) The Clearly Art looks scrumptious!

Therese said...

OMG!!!!! Wow------What an AMAZING stamp set, I want mine now...... Your clearly for the art is wonderful so I can't wait til the white and black ones .......... Hugs, Therese

Hels Sheridan said...

Tis SERIOUS.. I have just passed out and am in need of oxygen now... talk about MASSIVE treats! Clearly for Art... FAB...esp love the white... oooh, you are a tease with talk of your book... I cannot wait for that either... I have to go now and sit in the corner and remember to breathe ROFL xx

Jan Hoefler said...

OK Wendy, I will admit I am not as familiar with your products as perhaps I should be. I LOVE this steampunk set! I enjoy seeing your style, and the spin you add to art.
I love the feminine touch you add to this style. I'm going to have to locate some Art Parts and the clear stuff & give it a try. My supplier dosn't carry your line. Why is that?

Anonymous said...

All of this GOODNESS in just one day! Oh my gosh! I don't know if my heart can take it. I love everything on this post. Thanks so much Wendy!
Gail in Oklahoma

Marijane said...

The Whiteout and Blackout "Clearly for Art" is a fabulous idea! The way the whiteout can be altered using different stamps and coloring techniques opens up all kinds of creative possibilities. Can't wait to get my hands on some of that!!!

Jean said...

The blackout and whiteout have endless possibilities! Can't wait to try them, the adhesive issue goes away, so glad you've added this option to the art parts!

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!!!! You know, I noticed the flower and butterfly yesterday... I remember looking at the flower and thinking "is that grunge??" knowing it was somehow different but not being able to put my finger on it and then just went on and didn't think about it again... now I know why it seemed different!! I think I'm going to love the blackout!!!!

jackib said...

each day just gets better and better!!! :)

lois Skiathitis said...

The flowers are fabulous. I can't wait to go shopping. Such goodness you have released on us today Wendy. TFS!!! :-D

Sandi M said...

The new things today that you've dreamed up are Amazing! Opaque clearly for art - to die for!!!!!

Jenna said...

Congratulations on your new collections! What an accomplishment, and it was a blast to see it all unfold!

Kathy said...

I love the clearly art, I can't wait to try the awesome whiteout and blackout. And ooh all your new stamps sets.

michelle said...

Oh you are a tease with book number 4 . . . .

Love the whiteout blackout and the stamps set is so cool and punk!

Okay talking my DH into take an home improvement loan don't you think the house will look so cute with all your stamps inked everywhere!

Kathy Eddy said...

Great new clearly rt products and I just LOVE this set. Eileen was the first thing that cmae into my mind as I saw it!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

More fun stuff.

salamanda said...

So much to drool over. Thank you for the uk stockists info.

Debby said...

Loving all that I see. So cold here today that it is an art day once I get going! Can't wait for this stuff to come out. Love the new art parts too! Have to get out the clearly for art and play too.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Yes, def luv this set, and the art parts and the blk/wht out, those are must haves....Ted looks so trendy!

Juel said...

Wonderful stuff!! I know you have so much going on right now but could you answer I question for me? Can you stamp on fabric with Adirondack Pigment Inks?

SusanK said...

Oh my! You are leaving absolutely no stone unturned on this creative journey are you!?!?!? These are some really cool products comin' down the 'pike! Can ya hear the joisey accent that revisits me on occasion????

Vic said...

I want all of it! Love steampunk and opaque-ness!! LOL

Susan said...

I'm on overload! Your excitement is contagious and I'm just loving all the new stamps and art parts. I am going to be broke!
Susan

Unknown said...

Sorry Wendy - I can't post a long comment to tell you how much I love the new products, I have to go check the classifieds for a second job(so I can buy said new products when they are available) - LOL Opaques look AMAZING!

Helen said...

More genius products - think I have to have THEM all too....

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love everything! I can't wait to get my inky hands on it all! Thanks Wendy!

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

LOVE this stamp set, so many possibilities. And MORE Art Parts - YIPEE! I think I'm going to like the Clearly for Art Blackout and Whiteout. Keep it coming girl!

Elaine Allen

Tona said...

Love this stamp set & love that you're making my favorite stamps as art parts too! WTG Wendy!!

rhonda said...

Love the boot and my gosh you make the most amazing flowers!

stampinfranni said...

Love the whiteout and blackout. Can't wait to play with them.
Your steampunk head is awesome with the idea-ology and art parts. So COOL!

Thanks for making me drool, Wendy!
LOL

Anonymous said...

Yesssss! You did hear me squealing in delight. Oh, I love steampunk and I LOVE art chick and I am now also in LOVE with the opaque clear sheets. Those flowers you did are drop dead gorgeous.
I need to take a pill and lie down.

TheLastOfNine said...

Count me in for the blackout and whiteout, oh how fun they will be, I want some of that now! Please, please, please.
Gloria H

Liz in MO said...

Oh, love the idea of the black and white clear parts. I love the black flower.

Jill said...

So excited to get my mitts on the blackout and whiteout!! Looks like another fab product!!!

Anonymous said...

More amazingness from you, love it all!!

2amscrapper said...

It's really getting crowded at the top of my Must Have List. Several of your stamp sets and art parts are vying for first place. Helene

2amscrapper said...

To continue....all I can say is I'm glad my birthday is coming up because I might be able to negate the Must Have priority list and get EVERYTHING Wendy Vecchi.

Sarah A said...

Wow, wish I was able to get to CHA, it's a bit far to travel from the UK though, mind you I probably would just to get my hands on your amazing new releases!

Sarah x

Diane Swanson said...

I love the man, the shoe, and the bottom saying!
Too cool!
And that flower you made is the bomb!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I can't wait for the new clearly for art!!!

Lori said...

Love the stamp set! And the new clearly art is awesome, black and white will be fantastic! Thanks, Wendy!

Linda R said...

I do not know how you hold this all inside without spilling the beans LONG before you are allowed. OMG And CHA is going to be a blast - we are soooo soooo happy for you!!!

Nancy D. said...

WOW!...it just keeps getting better! Can't wait to see you & all your new stuff at CHA

Anonymous said...

might not be able to afford all the new stamps, but will surely need the rest of the goodies asap! luv luv this set too! xo cher

jan metcalf said...

Amazing Wendy! Whiteout and blackout, clearly for art!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wow, totally cool!! Love the stamp set and the blackout & whiteout are going to be so fun to work with!! Love the flowers!!

octlove said...

A case of excessive drooling has come over me & I am unable to form any comprehensive words except for…I want…I want…gimme...gimme!!!

Shannon said...

Wow Wendy, you've outdone yourself this time. All your new goodies are overwhelmingly awesome and my head is spinning thinking about what I can do with it all and when I can get my hands on some of it.

Dorothy said...

It just gets better and better!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to start playing with the black & white opaque sheets! I did notice that little black flower yesterday, and I wanted to query you about it, but I got distracted with all the peeks! Thanks for all your inspiration and creative genious!

Karen Goulet said...

Completely and utterly fabulous! Thanks Wendy!