here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 13, 2011

a set a day...#4...

hey blog friends...
have you been shocked that there isn't a flower on every set?

here's today's offering...
set #4...

this one DOES have a flower, and it's titled...

ART COLORS LIFE...

this is another one of the large sets being released...
(11 large & 3 small sets)

and this one DOES have a flower!

OH...I already said that!
but I'm excited so I said it again...




here's MY thoughts on this set...

oh, before we start...
I got several emails about adding a section to the blog which contains these ideas...

feel free to just copy these posts & save them in a file on your computer...
or print them out for a mini hints book...
to refer to later...

OK...

the saying @ the top is a favorite...
and it fits perfectly on the large 5 1/2 inch scallop art parts trim...

I thought we needed some longer sayings for larger projects...

this coordinates with all the flower stamps...

I wanted a saying that would be good in an art journal...

or for any project involving the word...
ART...

and...this is fun...
the words SUN, ART & LIFE all fit in the memo pin opening...

so...the saying can be made into some fun custom epoxy embellishments, by using just some of the words...

I think I'll be using those 3 words...
LOTS...

THE FLOWER...
yippee!
is large...almost 4 inches tall...
I LOVE IT...

because it's solid, it can be "kissed" to any unlinked background stamp to add a subtle pattern...

Since it's bold, I like it stamped over a lighter color background stamp...

it's great for watercolor stamping...
just ink, mist and stamp on watercolor paper...

the unlinked flower can be "kissed" to an INKED background stamp for a totally different look...
and each background stamp will completely change the look of the flower...

it's different...every time you use a different background stamp...
trust me...
this is FUN!

the flower can be masked off (post it note) & the stem can be inked & used with several flowers from current sets...

it can be stamped on grunge & cut out to create dimension...

my smallest butterfly can sit on the "scroll " leaves...

I really like the "simplify" font...
it starts out kind of "fancy"...
but then gets simple...

I see it used with little stamped/cut out images (a mini house) over it...

or with leaves around...
or a flower or a butterfly sitting on the line...

I will also use it on the back of my projects, and I'll sign my name right on the line...

the LOVE saying...
is large...about 4 inches long...

I wanted a LOVE saying that was not too specific so it could be used for multiple occasions...
Valentine's day, engagements, weddings...

I see scrapbookers using this one with family photos...

it could be the title of a page with a child kissing a pet...

finally...
the giant background...
I LOVE this one too...
(go figure!)...

when stamped, it looks like vintage wallpaper...

it's nice & subtle, so it's a versatile background for lots of projects...

since it's large...
it's a good card base too...

this is one that I want to clear emboss & then ink over...

and I plan to stamp it with

I like this one inked randomly for a really vintage effect...

tada...

that's set #4...
10 more to go...

now it's time for YOUR thoughts...
talk to me...

while I...

make art
wendy

70 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmm... this is also a must have my dear! sitting that cute widdle butterfly...oh u got me thinking now...and the background stamp...NICE! xo cher

Scrapthat said...

Love the flower BG...so pretty! TFS! Love seeing your new sets!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous set! I love everything on it. The background, the flower, the saying, the word...everything.

Larajc said...

I wish I was making art right now! I love the background stamp...light and airy but very pretty!

Cim Allen said...

Ok, The set with shopping was on my list (of course) BUT, this one is so fantastic it might of even beat out the shopping. Every stamp in this set is SPECTACULAR ! You ROCK Wendy, can't wait to see the rest. Have a great day !

Anonymous said...

Love the stamps and really appreciate all your hints for using them with older sets and art parts. You rock! Eileen in NYC

Nancy S said...

Such a pretty set! I love the flower and sentiment.

jackib said...

I am embarrassed to admit that I don't yet own one of your stamp sets - I recently purchased your art parts but the store I was in didn't carry your stamps. :( I love how you give us so many ideas on how to use your stamps - I will definitely be placing an online order soon. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Art By Wanda said...

I totally LOVE this set!!!! I love all your stamps but I LOVE this set!!!! The background, the flower, the sayings, the word... all wonderful!!! And your ideas are all wonderful!!!

Liz in MO said...

This is my fave so far! Can't wait to see samples of stuff you have made with these.

Joan Fricker said...

I also love everything on this stamp. The flowered background will have so many uses and the larger flower will be perfect for many things. So far, I love each new set.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love this set. The large floral stamp would be perfect for a background on vintage ATCs. I can't wait to see more!

michelle said...

I held my breath the I love everything about this set ...I think I just might be a flower child! Simply the best!

Primitive Seasons said...

Love them all so far Wendy. I especially love sayings and I use them from your stamps all the time. Can't wait to see the rest of the reveal.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogsot.com

Amy said...

wendy, have you heard of tumblr.com? it's a blog you create that allows you to electronically file away bits from blogs you like. it can be just a photo, a quote, a link, and it's all easy to arrange because at the top of the page there is a header that you click on to submit your photo, quote, link, etc. it then allows you to type in key words for each blog entry that you can later sort through to find the information you're looking for. I thought maybe you're followers might want to know about this so they can keep track of your fresh ideas.

And so can you!

I use it all the time, and it's a little embarassing how many of your blogs entries I've saved there. But you've got so many good ideas!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Love it!! Love the word simplify and the little words, heck love all of it!! You rock Wendy!!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Lovely sentiment! Love isnt love till you give it away.

Debby said...

Love the background! This is another cool set. Must save money for all of these!

Etta said...

Yup, a FUN set for sure! As for the flower, it's perfect...reminds me of "loves me, loves me not!"

SusanK said...

This set has a different feel to it even though it has your touches. I think I'm liking it quite a bit!

Helen said...

OK, yes, another great set. Thinking I can use the phrases on all sorts of things! The background looks fab.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Ooooo, I love this set.

salamanda said...

I am about to start a journal page and this would be perfect for my dreamy page. This just seems so versatile. Kissing with the flower one or the mesh one...

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

This one could be my favorite..but still 10 more to go....how does a girl decide! I just need a second job so I can have them all!!!

Karen said...

Oh YES! Lots of flowers, lots of options and a great sentiment. Love the text, love the flowers.

Linda R said...

Thanks Amy, I thought it was just for photos. I'll check it out. Wendy - I looked for a font called Simplify because I like it too, but can't find it?? These stamps will see lots of action - too cool.

Lori said...

Ok, this one moved to the top of my wish list...LOVE it!

Marijane said...

Another winner, Wendy! Thanks for all your suggestions on making these stamps so versatile....things I might never have thought of!

Kathy Eddy said...

Another fantastic new set! Love the sayings on this one.

Diane Swanson said...

Love the flower, the background stamp and all of your ideas! Happy day to you!!!

TheLastOfNine said...

Wait a minute, no picture?!?! Love the Love saying, it's all love!
Gloria

Unknown said...

I knew there'd be more flowers!

Dorothy said...

It just gets better and better!!!

Joyce said...

Thank you for the long sayings. I want more.....Come on down for a cup of coffee and we can talk all you want. LOL

Tona said...

Wow! This is another great set & I love reading about all of the variety of ideas on how to use it.

slbt17 said...

so far my favorite!
Love the sayings and of course your tips/suggestions.
Sandra ltb

Kim Costello said...

FABULOUS set Wendy, ooooh definitely on my wish list... with the previous three obviously!!! loving the large print and the long little sentiment!
TFS & inspiring HuGs Kim :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooh tis my favourite so far... but... hang on, the other's are my faves too... guess that means that they are all my faves and I have to have them all LOL
However, the sentiment on this one... is just perfect.. love love love ... all of them!! Congrats again on another amazing collection Wendy xx

Vic said...

Okay, I just rearranged my wish list - this is on top!! Love it!

sue said...

That was my line 10 more to to. Love it and the great ideas. I need a second job for all these new products.

lois Skiathitis said...

I love this set, this one is just talking to me. The flower is very versatile, just like all your stamps. The floral BG stamp is to die for, I would use that one just as you suggested clear emboss with beautiful color all around or even stamp that BG on some of your other flowers for a unique look. I so love that all of your sets can be used together. TFS!!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Dawn said...

I am going to follow your advice and print out the posts for a reference book. You are giving us GREAT ideas Wendy! I love this set, the vintage wall paper will look great with the mini house set, of for patterns on the skirt and blouse!
I can't wait !
Hugs from the beach!
Dawn in SC

rhonda said...

Lovin that flower too! Can't wait to see the next 10 sets!

Kate Burroughs said...

Hmm, I am loving all the sets so far. Love the quote and the word Simplify plus the background of leaves looks great too. Can't wait to see some more projects with these!
Aloha, Kate

octlove said...

I was wondering when the flowers would show up:) Love the versatility of this set!

I always keep a little "wendy" cheat sheet handy, since you always post such marvelous ideas & tidbits!!!

Jenna said...

These are so fun!

Dawnll said...

I save several of your posts in wor documents...lol
Wouldn't want to forget all the tips you share.
Another wonderful stamp set!

Debs Doodles and More said...

i really like the small delicate looking flowers in the BG stamp and the words are quite Fab. This will be a must have, well duh, they are Must haves

Nancy D. said...

Another great set!..& I'm loving all your ideas!

Susan said...

They keep coming! Great stamps and ideas for using them!
Susan

Larissa Heskett said...

What AWESOME facts today!! I LOVE the fact that you made the tiny words that will fit in the memo pins!! I also LOVE that you added a DAISY like this they are my favorite flowers!! I also think that the words and saying will be LOTS of fun like you said!! THANKS for sharing and I can't wait to play with these!! =) Have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)
Can't wait to see MORE!!

Sandi M said...

You are really outdoing yourself with these new releases Wendy! This entire set is so very versatile. Love it!

lesleyworth said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Unknown said...

so perfectly pretty!

Anonymous said...

Ordering this one right away!

Anita said...

Another amazing set!

jill said...

I have been wondering where the flowers were!!! Love the beautiful vintage background stamp...you put so much thought into each set....I love that you are such a detail person!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Another wonderful set! I really love the flower and the sentiment!

Karen S. Ohio

Becky said...

lots of flowers... lovin' the background!

Kim C. said...

Again I am in love with the new set. I think the background is my favorite

Unknown said...

simply beautiful!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love that gorgeous background stamp!!

2amscrapper said...

love that background! love that the words fit the memo pins. love your enthusiasm!

Julie said...

Love that flower. Looks like a Black Eyed Susan. Great potential for that one.

nonnie said...

simplify is great!

Elisa K said...

OMG I could totally use this set on some CHA samples I'm working on... This is my favorite so far... Keep the good stuff coming..

Hugs
Elisa k

yoursartfully said...

Ooooo Wendy, this one is my favourite so far. See you in a couple of weeks.

Lin

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set, love the delicate background set in particular!!

Karen Goulet said...

I love all of it! Thanks Wendy!

pixiedust61 said...

I am in love with this set. Love the flower, I want to watercolor that and that Big Gorgeous background stamp then stamp some words for my memo pins. Another must have set.

Wendy, you are killing me with all your fabulousness!