here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 17, 2011

a set a day...#8...

Happy Monday...

let's start the week off with...
VISIONS OF ART...





"she" is very fun...
I stamped her on grungepaper...
cut her out...
it was easy because of the simple lines...
and used her on a journal page...

she's about 4 inches tall...

the mini flower can be stamped on a scrap,
cut out & layered...
or the flower can be covered up
with a small
ART PARTS...
flower!

there's a HINT!

I also stamped just the mini flower on a grunge scrap & added it to the tree, on another journal page...

I LIKE her...
she can wear a crown...
or...
she can be transformed into steam punk...
or ...
she can be stamped over patterned paper...

I LOVE the saying to the right & because of the arrangement on the storage sheet, I was inspired to use those 2 together on a journal page...
I like her looking @ the saying...

the next saying is FUN...
I used that on a project for BOOK #4...

it fit well with the large butterfly...
and it's in the ART PARTS rectangle frame...

this saying works with funky/altered art...

the next stamp is large...
4 inches wide, so it's good for larger projects...

I left the words far apart, so they will be easy to cut & use individually...
there's that RANSOM note thing again...

I like to stamp the saying on grungeboard scraps & cut out just the rectangle letters & layer them over the saying to add interest...
it's a small detail, but it makes a difference...

this is another saying for your studio...
a gentle reminder of sorts...

the bottom saying is large...
5 inches wide...

again...the words are far apart so they can easily be used on smaller projects...

or you can just choose a word or two...
to mix and match with other sayings...

ok...gotta run to the studio...

the TO*DO list is still REALLY LONGGGGGG...

I'm putting the final details on a
MAJOR GIGANTIC LARGE
super cool "project" for tim...
that was THE PROJECT of the weekend...
yep...WEEKEND...
lots of detail on this guy...
phew...

you'll love his releases...
It's a promise...

I still have more art to make for Ranger...

and I have to finish some details on 2 projects for my portion of the Stampers Anonymous booth...

and make 2 new "acrylic covers" to house my new small babies...
and the new larger sets need a new home too...

and do step by step photos for the power point presentation for my portion of the CHA class...
me & technology...
that should be interesting...YIKES!

I'm teaching with TIM...
CLAUDINE & the REAL LADY DY...
straight away from the UK...

Should be a VERY FUN class!

and that's just the top few TO*DO'S...

I'm leaving a few days early to help tim with another special class for a group of store owners...
so...
THE LIST MUST BE DONE
BY NEXT MONDAY...

YIKES...

see you tomorrow for set #9...

I better head to the studio to...
make art.
wendy

ps...GO BEARS!!

42 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Whew!!! That to-do list makes me tired!!! :-)) The stamp set is wonderful!!!

Nancy said...

LOVE the sayings!! "She" is interesting - can't wait to see your creations with her.
You are one VERY busy woman! Congrats on all of your involvements!!

Helen said...

Your to-do list is probably as long as my must-have list..... LOVE this set, the fonts of the texts are beautiful.

slbt17 said...

you are amazing!
Thanks for taking time to share your release with us!
Sandra ltb

ellen vargo designs said...

I think you need an assistant to get through that "TO-DO" list... Mario? Mario? Where for *art* thou Mario? ROFL....

Love the sayings on this set, and really loving the new font we're seeing on several of the new sets - very cool.

Glad the Bears won... :D

~ ellen xx

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wendy, this one is fantastic!! I love her!! And the sayings are perfect!! Can't wait to see your creations at CHA!! Happy Monday to you to!!

Tara c said...

What a awesome set!! She wonderful!! I can feel the wheels turning!! I can't believe we've seen over half the sets -- bring on the art parts!!!

lois Skiathitis said...

Another great set I'm loving the words so much. i want to thank you so much for sharing with us the sneak peeks. Looking at the to do list my wish for you is longer hours in the day. LOL!!! TFS!!! :-D

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

I am loving this set. It is just perfect! Can't wait to see it up close and personal.
You must feel like a whirlwind with so many things to do - a bit here, a bit there. Take a deep breath, release slowly, relax.

Elaine Allen

Cim Allen said...

I love all the different fonts on these sets and the ransom note idea is so cool, I'm going to steal that idea for a valentines day card for my sweetie :) Good luck with the to do lists.

Larajc said...

the sentiments are my favorite! THanks for putting good stuff out there!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Another great set, you sure are coming up with some neat and unusual stamps, just my cuppa'! Your to do list makes me tired.How bout da Bears! Wish I was in the class with you and Dyan and Tim, I'd prob be pimp!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fun stamps. Your to do list - not so fun.

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful set. Good luck with the to do list!!

SherrySue said...

Another great set, I am going to need another storage binder for my new ones! Love the quotes on this one!
Bears vs Packers...now we are talking football!

michelle said...

This is a fun set and she is a beauty . .. oh the endless possibilities!

I would tell you not to work to hard but I know better!

GO BEARS . . .

Etta said...

Ready to see your "lady" project...she is quite interesting! Love the sayings.

We may need to schedule you some R&R before the wind-up "key" in your back goes "kapooie!!!"

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love "HER" so much! And the sayings are just perfect. I can think of so many ways to use this set.
Oh, and....sorry 'bout this....but, GO JETS!! Can't help it, I'm from NY!

sue said...

6 more to go! I missed posting the last two days. I was at a Girl Friend Crop Weekend. Checked your blog but no time to post. As usual you have out done yourself.

TheLastOfNine said...

She reminds me of Pocahantas. I like that it's all about "SHE".
Gloria H

2amscrapper said...

another great set-- loving these sentiments!

jan metcalf said...

So many wonderful ideas!

Kathy Eddy said...

Whew, you are gonna be one busy lady!!! I can see great possibilities here. And I think you meant "Go Packers"!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

The first thought that came to mind . . . a perfect BAD girl set!

She wasn't where she was going . . .
She wasn't where she said . . .

bwahahahahahahahahah . . . PERFECT and this BAD girl MUST acquire this set for her collection!!!!!!

Debby said...

Another cool set! Can't wait to see some of the art that you created! Your to do list is making me tired! Yes, Go Bears!

jackib said...

"she" is very cool! what a busy lady you are making such beautiful art to share with us. :)

Julie said...

Forgot to look at your site on Sunday and I see that it is another great stamp set. The flower has character and looks great! Love the lace stamp! You are certainly busy! Take care!

Tona said...

This is an interesting set!

Liz in MO said...

I need to see you samples on this one, but I know I will love it once I do. I was iffy on the other one eyed lady stamp until I saw it used and it is now probably one of my most used stamps except for the backgrounds, sooooooo...... can't wait to see what you do with her. I do love the sayings, so no doubt will get it for that for sure and then once I see her used, she will be loved and appreciated like all my other stamps! Got my own to do list, but had to check out the new stamps today. See you tomorrow on here.

Hels Sheridan said...

Aha, my cheerleading must have paid off ROFL Did you feel that earth tremor? Was me bouncin about with pompoms! Love those sentiments... they is FAB! now, can I pretend to be a store owner so I can do a class with Wendy and Tim I wonder ... thanks for sharing xx

salamanda said...

Looking forward to seeing samples of this stunning set.

Anonymous said...

my oh my..I am in overwhelm today...Tim's paper, your sets...all so wonderful...will clearly have to plan these purchases this year...cuz ..I want it all...again! ty ty ty! would love to be at the classes..dying to see the projects...we will see them right? somehow? xo ty so much
cher

Diane Swanson said...

I love the sayings in this set!

Vic said...

It just keeps getting better & better!

Sandi M said...

Wendy, the sayings on this set top my list. She is so cool - can't wait to see her in a project!

Susan said...

I'm tired just reading your to-dos! Love this set - lots of great sayings.
Susan

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
octlove said...

I would be more than happy to come help you with your to do list...it would be worth the drive just to play in your studio:)

nonnie said...

fun sayings...

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FUN WITH THIS SET JUST LIKE THE OTHERS!! =)
IT IS GOING TO BE A FUN YEAR!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!! =)

Unknown said...

She's fabulous! And, I love all the ARTy sayings!

Karen Goulet said...

She is absolutely smashing! I love the use of ART in the sayings! You go girl!