here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, January 15, 2011

a set a day....#6...

it's Saturday...
small Saturday...

Today's new stamp set is one of the 3 small sets...

it's called REGAL ART...



this set was designed...

by POPULAR REQUEST...

to work with the 2 "queen" stamps that we have...
apparently you like the queens as much as I do...
I think they're funky & fun...

and with that special ROYAL UK wedding coming in April...
THE Prince just might need a set to give to his bride...
or maybe not...

as a reminder...
here' s the large queen...


and the mini queen...



ok...starting @ the top...

I like the silhouette...
she has an attitude...
I like that!
and I can hear her saying any of these things...

the crown from the mini queen is a perfect fit...

she can be kissed onto a background stamp for a subtle image too...
I see a whole mini book
about being REGAL...

I'll stamp the crown on the silhouette...
and above sayings...
and I plan to stamp it multiple times as a border...
it's fun to stamp it near your signature too...
and it's easy to accent with little rhinestones...

I flat out LOVE the sayings...
they're a bit funny & funky...

I left the words far enough apart so that they can easily be cut out for a "ransom" note effect...

the words can also be combined with words from other sayings...
I got "ransom notes" on my brain...

WARNING is probably my favorite...
It will be fun to mask off the bottom line & just use WARNING...
I see lots of fun uses for that...

"just address me" makes me laugh...
a simple statement that gets right to the point...
no beating around the bush...
tell them how you NEED to be treated...

so, that's REGAL ART...
I like that it works with the queens...
giving us more options...

as I mentioned yesterday, Ted is in Texas @ a convention...

he sent me these photos of the BRAND NEW Stampers Anonymous booth...
I thought you might enjoy seeing them...

here's my section...
the signs @ the top announce that
new stamps are coming soon...
yippee!
so that's why you see empty spots
on the top row...


look how yummy this is...

ALL tim's dies and embossing folders...
and the Ranger display is loaded with inky goodness...
what a beautiful sight...



so, if you're NEEDING a rubber fix...
or some tim goodies...
or Ranger ESSENTIALS...
and you live in Texas...

stop in & visit with Ted @ the Mesquite show.
I GUARANTEE you will enjoy his demo...

take care...
have an arty Saturday...

I'm off to...
make (CHA) art...
wendy
ps...see you tomorrow for set #7...
it's another small set called...art in bloom
now there's a hint...

47 comments:

Nancy said...

How divine! (Do I sound "queenly"? lol) I love your ideas of using words individually - brilliant!

Hmmm...'art in bloom'? Sounds like it's going to be fun! :o)

Oh, wish I were in TX - the new booth looks wonderful! Hey - when will you be posting YOUR 2011 schedule here?

lesleyworth said...

Oh my word! Love this new set! So excited that in just over a month stampers anonymous will be at a show here...saving up my money!

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooooh... **swoons** THis is GORGEOUS!!! now, a secret for you... I don't normally like "lady figure stamps" but ... I LURVE this one!!! cos she is in silhouette it make it so versatile!! I will give Wills a quick bell this afternoon and tell him to get his order in for Kate ROFL
Cannot wait for tomorrow's installment... sounds like it will be .. blooming GORGEOUS too!
wow, that must be a real buzz seeing all your designs there on the stand... how coolio!!!
Thanks again.. for sharing!! hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Another winner, your majesty. LOL. You and Tim are killin' me!

michelle said...

I so love your sense of humor and it shines in this fun and funky set . . .

Larajc said...

I think these are my favorite, I have somethings in mind for the Queen saying! I love all the sentiments the most!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This Queen of Grunge says thanks so much, exactly what I need, every single stamp! You are a mind reader GF, what an exciting reveal

ellen vargo designs said...

Ooooh! I know one "queen" who will definitely love this set!! Queen Patti! Sayings are FAB! And love that they go with the other queens, too... actually I never really thought of them as queens before! But now that you mention it... it works! have a great day making MORE art!
Ellen xxx

salamanda said...

I like how the woman could be anyone - not a supermodel.

D's Paper Studio said...

Another wonderful set, Wendy. Do you know if Ted will have your sets by February 19th? Stampers Anonymous will be in Columbia, SC and I want to pick up mine then.

Cim Allen said...

The saying are too cute !! I wish I was closer to Texas that show looks fabulous !! Have a great weekend Wendy

Unknown said...

They are great - and the displays look too good to be true! Thansk for sharing.

Dawnll said...

I am really feeling this set!
Oh and the displays have my heart racing- I want it all.LOL

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I still have your other QUEEN set on my wish list...you're killing me! Can't wait for tomorrow....maybe little flowers????????

lois Skiathitis said...

I'm loving the sayings so much. Now I just can't act like a queen I can say it too. So much fun to be had. Thanks for the pictures too. Looking forward to tomorrow for the blooming flowers I'm sure. All your florals are my favorite. So I'm warning my heart to be still in advance. TFS!!! Wendy, you always make my day. :-D

Debby said...

This is another must have! The queen will be perfect for masking and reverse masking. Can see her now on a journal page with sayings inside of her! This is a cool set. Those pictures of all of the stamps and inks make me wish I was in Texas!

SusanK said...

Does Stampers Anonymous have any stock options? LOL The booth looks great. Hopefully I can see it in Rockford. Really cool set, this one! Can't wait to see tomorrow's and enjoy it while the snow flakes fall...or not!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh your highness, these are too funny! What a great set!

jackib said...

so many of us love the "queen" thing - which just happens to be my nickname (as well as part of my email address)! This set will definitely find its way to my home. :)

Bethan said...

oh yes love the 'attitude'!

so wish i was a little f;ly buzzing around all the new goodies on display!!

Anonymous said...

buying your stamps first lol! luv luv this set...xo

Art By Wanda said...

Very nice!!! Yes, she does look like she's got attitude!!!!

Tona said...

Oooh, this is a fun set full of lots of possibilities.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Love it. To be an artist queen, you have to have attitude!

Vic said...

Oh, I have to have this one, too!

2amscrapper said...

a must have for me!

Jill said...

How cute....love the new set and I still have the previous QUEEN set on my must have list....oh no!! Can't wait for tomorrow to see the mini FLOWERS?????

Anonymous said...

Its not fair that you make us want all your amazing stamps :) But I still love you!!

SherrySue said...

Went by the show in Mesquite today-love the new booth and can't wait to see that space filled with the new Wendy and Tim Items!

TheLastOfNine said...

Love the "warning" it's great.
Gloria

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

What an awesome set. I have got to get this. My husband always call me the "Queen", albeit sarcastically - LOL! With this set, I can prove to him I am - yuck yuck!

Elaine Allen

Unknown said...

That set is fit for a Queen! hahahaha I love Ted's booth! I hope he's at the Stamp & Scrap Art Tour in Philly next month so I can see it in person!

octlove said...

another marvelous set...I bow down before the queen of making art!!!:)

Lori said...

Oh, this looks like a LOT of fun! Love all your ideas with this set, I can see using all those!
Art in Bloom...hmmm. just a wild guess, but I bet there's a flower on there....lol...

Susan said...

Great set - so many possibilities!
Susan

Vicki in MD said...

oh to be lucky enough to live in Texas this time of year. I always catch up with Ted at Seaside Convention then again at Westminster. I see there are going to be many new things on my list. Its looking artsy!

marci said...

I LOVE this stamp set - it is so me. Can't wait to buy it!rgc/,.

nonnie said...

fun sayings....

Penci said...

HRH Wendy, you are the Queen of Stamps! You commissioned another royal set and your subjects are quite pleased. This set is a must. BTW, I do live in Texas but didn't make it to the show as I was teaching a class today and we used the heart stamp from the Love to Make Art set. Am making my list now for all the sets I want my LSS to order for me. Can't believe we will be on day 7 tomorrow already.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

I am totally loving all the new sets! I am going to be broke! But happy stamping away!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it. The Lady is a 'must have'. Love my Ladies. :-) S x

Dawn said...

I love the girlie, girlie- she is a must have. Your stamps are as beautiful as you are! Cant wait to see them in person!
Hugs from the beach
Dawn in SC

scrappin-scrappin said...

Love them!! You are the Queen of stamps!!

slbt17 said...

oh wow ....
Sandra ltb

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love the sentiment about not messing with the queen!

Liz in MO said...

want them, want them, want them, want them. . . . . . .

Karen Goulet said...

The sayings are marvelous darling!
I am inspired! Thank you Wendy!