here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

focusing on home...

this seemed to fit today's blog post...

it's a little art, again made for CHA...

the beautiful colors are mowed lawn, salty ocean & rusty hinge distress stains...
I am liking the new green/blue combo lots...

both backgrounds are stamped with jet black archival...

this new background is on the mowed lawn...
I *think* it may be my new favorite...

and this one is on the salty ocean...

the art parts "HOME" & the tied bow are brand new...
I like to add an eyelet in the ends of the bow...
a Crop-A-Dile cuts thru art parts very easily...
that tiny detail makes a difference...

the fork is one of my Blossom Bucket embellishments...

the primitive house will be available NEXT Month...
I added a tiny bit of coffee archival to make it more vintage...

archivals are AWESOME...
just sayin...


I wanted to highlight the chandelier, so I used 
after I stamped it with jet black archival...



the art parts bases are from the large square frame set...
I'll use the open frame on something else...

the smaller square is edged with the
brushed pewter distress stain, to tie it in with the pewter fork...
***a little tip***
I like the dabber top fairly dry for edging...
I usually swipe the excess stain on a paper towel...

next up is another little art, using tim's blueprint stamp...

I'm totally hooked on embossing...
I use it now on at least 75% of my projects...

it makes coloring in the design super simple...
 it also adds a tiny detail & another layer for more interest...

the phone needed something to ground it...
so it wasn't hanging in mid air...
 I used the same background stamp as above...
just a different portion of it...

this phone stamp can be used with lots of different sentiments/sayings...
for lots of occasions...

the alpha tiles were a perfect fit for my message...


***check this out**

Simon Says has a special code to receive $5.00 off your order...
HEY...that's a 

enter this code @ checkout...

SSS5 

 it's good thru Jan 31st...
should you be needing a little treat for Valentine's Day...

or a gift for a special friend...

back to packing up the last minute things, then we're off to buy drywall & to search for a few other things...

I hope YOU have time to...

make art!
wendy




23 comments:

Helen said...

Love them!

Gabrielle said...

Love the two makes but I think I've been missing that bow... Know that one of those will be in my house soon! Love the telephone too - have loads of sayings I could use with it - the current one in our house is "how long are you going to talk to her? You've just spent all day with her at school"! It makes me sound like my mum but I just can't help myself!!!

Roseanne said...

Awesome details!!

michelle said...

such great art. . . I love that little house can not wait for it to come out!

Lori said...

Love these pieces as well, and you're right, that color combo is awesome!

Marilyn said...

Love both of these fun and beautiful pieces!!

Redanne said...

Loving your new fav colour combo, the do work so well together and just adore the little house and the fork -more goodies for my ever increasing wish list! Love both pieces. A x

slbt17 said...

thanks for sharing your art - can not get enough!
Sandra ltb

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! Loving your creations and the $5 code for SSS!! =) Always like a discount!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharig and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Eyeleeeen said...

Love the two pieces. Your new favorite color combo has always been one of mine. Love just about any combo of blues and greens; so lively looking!
I hope your reno goes smoothly and you're back in your studio as soon as possible. I know it's a drag, but so worth it when it's over.

finnella03 said...

Love them so much, the bow is definitely going to find a home here.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love these!!!! Absolutely cool and perfectly colored!

Candy C said...

Way cute, Wendy! I love those little Blossom Bucket Houses and that adorable little bird you were demoing with at CHA! I can't get that little cutie out of my head. :) Your HOME piece and the blueprint telephone is really so nicely done. You go girl! <3 Candy

Michelle Webb said...

Two amazingly cool pieces Wendy. I just love your style, we are very similar, that is why I love everything you do. Michelle x

SusanK said...

Cool beans! I feel a shopping trip coming on but I bet I have more fun on mine than you do shopping for drywall and such! lol

Tona said...

I love your creations, as usual!

Dorothy said...

I just love your art!!!!

julie case said...

Gorgeous pieces!! I love your color combos!!

Vic said...

Sweet!

Debby said...

Love your projects. Good luck with the home decor. That is always fun to be in the middle of. Right????

nonnie said...

so you can stamp with jet black archival and then emboss it??? won't it dry to quickly??? inquiring minds want to know....i suppose i could go upstairs to my space and try it...

Unknown said...

Two more awesome projects. but wait! something's missing ... what could it be? ... OH! i know ... paste! rofl But I still love them both. :-)

snazzyoriginal said...

Great samples, love that telephone xx