here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

more new studio 490 day #2...

welcome!!!

thanks so much for the comments about yesterday's new products...

thanks for the funny emails about THE CURE...
you made me laugh...
I can't wait to see how others use them...

let's jump right in to todays reveals...

my black & white embossing pastes have been a HUGE hit...
so I'm happy to share that we have 

2 more AWESOME colors...
to play work with
& they are ready to ship immediately after CHA...
yippee!

here's 
METALLIC GOLD...



and...

METALLIC SILVER...
with just these 4 colors...
we can do ANYTHING!


with new embossing pastes...
we'll need more 

STENCILS FOR ART...

there are 8 new stencils in this release...
they all work well on cards, 
altered art/mixed media projects and 
art journal pages too...

you can even cut some of them them out,
 to make dimensional embellishments...
I have been having so much fun with these guys...

you can use them with inks or embossing pastes...
or mist over them...

first up...

LOVELY LEAVES...


NEVER NOUGH HEARTS...
a good one for cutting out...


WILDFLOWERS AND A BIRD...


we all know that...
DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND...
a fun background...
or just use mini sections...


I've used this one lots too on journal pages & cards...
it's called...

EVERYDAY WORDS...


this next one is a really fun background...
and a whole lot more...
use it twice to make multi colored stripes...
or...
use it twice to make a plaid...

this one is...

YIKES... STRIPES...


here's
POLKA DOTTY...


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the...

LAYERED FLOWER...


this stencil allows us to make a multi colored flower...
it can be completely flat on a card or art journal page...
or it can be made dimensional with embossing paste...

it works like this...

stencil one color...
place the other stencil over the inked stripes...
it covers the inked stripes & allows the addition of a second color in the open areas...

you can use 2 coordinating colors or 
2 shades of the same color for a monochromatic effect...
it's easy & FUN...

 my favorite way to use this stencil is to add embossing paste to just one stencil...

that's how this was created...
it's on Clearly for Art...
that has been covered with vintage dictionary paper...

 I cut it out & made it dimensional...


I always try to add & size products so that they will work 
with products we already have...

the new LAYERED FLOWER stencil fits over the 
large CLICKER CUTTS flower...

the example below is the 

and I used the GOLD METALLIC embossing paste 
over just one of the stencils...

it totally changes the look of the CFA and gives us lots of fun options...

it looks like this...
with awesome texture...
and YES...
the paste is well adhered to the CFA!
LOVE IT...


I also want to use the black embossing paste 
with the layered flower stencil over 
I think that will look cool...

next up we have more of my new
Blossom Bucket resin pieces...

we had TONS of requests to make the sewing machine smaller...

so here it is...


SMALL SEWING MACHINE...



I placed it next to the original...
I ADORE mini...
look how cute...
perfectly sized for an ATC...



continuing on with the sewing theme...


 here's the 

SPOOL with THREAD...

it's sized to work with either sewing machine...
it's flat on the back, for easy gluing...


and for sure we needed 

SCISSORS...
these guys are mini & REALLY stinkin adorable...


be still my heart...

my grandfather was a carpenter &
 I was always fascinated with his folding ruler...
so now I collect vintage folding rulers...

I LOVE this
 RULER...
I have used up every sample I got...


I can't leave without showing you another new stamp set...

this is called...
FUN WITH ART...






the flowers & plant are fun to stamp & emboss, 
then color with tim's distress markers...
I want to try a watercolor technique with them too...
when I have a few seconds to spare...

there are 3 new sayings on this set...
2 sweet ones...
not as sassy as the ones I shared yesterday...

I wanted a new saying to use with the vintage car, the truck
that we already have...

and I admit...
I'm ADDICTED to this background stamp...
I had to hide it so I wouldn't use it on every project...

it's fun for journal pages...
use it as shown, or turn it a quarter of a turn, so that the smaller rectangles are at the bottom...
or top...

I also like to press small art parts onto the section on the left...
and you can make a simple plaid by using the section on the right...
it's very versatile...

so that's it for today...

I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts...

now it's time for me to...

make art!
wendy
ps...see you tomorrow!





48 comments:

Scrapthat said...

AWESOME!!
You rock Wendy!

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh am I the first to leave a post? Wendy these are by far the most awesome small parts ever. I love the paste and the stencils. Off to make art today.
Truly these are fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veronica said...

oops guess I was number two now..lol

SusanK said...

Be still my beating heart...love the new stencils and embossing paste!!! I don't want to wait for them to hit store shelves...I want to play NOW!!!

Debby said...

Love the new stencils and the paste is great!!! The ledger paper background is great as I am a numbers geek! Ok I would like this stuff now!

Gabrielle said...

Oh yes! Metallic EP! Yippeeeeeeee! I'm LOVING the new masks (you're a genius to have designed that last flower one!) and the BBs and stamp set's a must! Oh blimey crickey! I'm gonna be skint again!!!

lissy_lucy said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! All I can is, I Love it!

sue said...

Very nice! Embossing paste in colors! Yea!

Theresa said...

METALLIC PASTE???? Now THAT is fantastic!!! I cannot tell you how great it looks on your black flower!! WOW! I have to have some of that!!! Your reveals are killing me - I am going to need another job just to get all that I want!!! Thanks for sharing. I am loving it all!!!! PS I really love the stencils! The leaves are my faves!

Cim Allen said...

WOW ! I'm loving it all .. the litle scissor and ruler are the bomb .. I can see those making it on alot of projects :) Thanks for sharing Wendy ! Happy New Year

Helen said...

The metallic paste certainly sounds fun... love the stencil flower, and the stamp set too... in fact, let's just say ALL of it... would be quicker! Roll on tomorrow's reveal!

2amscrapper said...

sweet additions! I like the idea of metallic paste

Dorothy said...

Each day is better then the previous...don't get me wrong...everything is fantabulous!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

the metallic pastes are amazing! And tne new stencils are so gorgeous...I love them all!

Hels Sheridan said...

boomp, boomp, boomp, that is the sound of my heart getting all excited by the new goodies... especially love the new emb pastes, needs those immediately ... the new stamps are gorgeous and as for the stencils, I shalln't sleep til I get them lol The BB's are just too cute, they gotta come live with me... erm... thinking I shall start saving now lol

slbt17 said...

perfect on the embossing paste - they will be fun
Love the sayings - very good!
Sandra ltb

Redanne said...

Oh be still, my beating heart! I love everything, the pastes look amazing bur for me it has to be the little ruler - my Dad had one and it took me right back.... I really want that most of all.... A x

Unknown said...

I love the new 2-part stencil and how it looks in gold on the black CFA. Stunning! And, I can't wait to get this new stamp set! I love everything about it! The background, the sayings, and the flowers are gorgeous! Love it!

Cher said...

yep...gonna have to prioritize I can tell lol...luv luv all of this!

Flo said...

Love the stencils and that little sewing machine. Can't wait to see what you've done with it all.

finnella03 said...

Love Love Love. Like Gabrielle I'm going to be skint. The metallic paste is gorgeous and masks. So clever!

Carol McCready said...

Crazy for the stencils, stamps & paste.

Roseanne said...

So very good....can't wait to get my hands dirty w all the art to be made!!

Julie S said...

What fun! Love the quotes on the stamp set and the pastes look amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love everything, but the stencils look wonderful!!

Terry said...

Love anything metallic! All looks amazing! Happy New Year!

Eyeleeeen said...

Everything looks great (again!) but I have to say, the metallic embossing paste made my heart flutter. Between you and Tim I just may actually have to go back to work!

Wilma said...

Just A W E S O M E!! Love everything but my favorite is the wildflowers & a bird. But also never enough hearts and the sewing machine and.... and... well okay everything:-)

Vic said...

Must have the stencils & paste!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING the NEW Colors of the Paste!! I have both the white and black and I am LOVING them!! =) The cute Blossom Buckets and that stamp will be MUST haves!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love today's peaks, the stencils are fantastic and the two new colours of pastes are wonderful. Cannot wait to make art with these. Tracy xc

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Oh wow Wendy,
Maybe you had a Grandmama like mine. It is like being in her bedroom. She sewed from her bedroom was happy there.Looks like her machine..this is a walk down memory lane and I am taking the walk..awesome .Thanks for your love of the art.
susan s.

Lori said...

Eek! LOVE the leaves stencil!!! Fantabulous! And a mini sewing machine...double eek! lol

Elena said...

Happy New Year my dear friend!!!! Hope you are well and happy!!!

STOP with this creating stuff!!! You are KILLING ME!!!

LOL!! Love you girlfriend. Stay sweet.

Marjie Kemper said...

That layered flower stencil blows my mind. I've looked at the blue sample so many times and not been able to figure how your raised areas were in proportion to the petals... Ding Ding Ding!!! Now I get it. And oh yes, I will get it!!

Tona said...

Such great stencils & yipee at the metallic colors of embossing paste!

Kathy Eddy said...

Love the new stencils and the new colors of embossing paste!

nonnie said...

great stamp set!

BethW said...

Really really excited about the metallic embossing paste.Metals an acrylics are what I love to play with the most-so these are right up my alley.And all the sewing Blossom Bucket Blossom pieces got me smiling.Great work Wendy!

Sharon Y said...

Metallic paste! Flower stencils! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Laura said...

G.A.S.P.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love love love AGAIN!!! The metallic EP's are genius!!! Love love love AGAIN!!!

Erin Glee said...

Two new METALLIC modeling paste colors~WOW! Need your stencils, too!

Elaine said...

You've got some fabulous new stuff coming out - my purse is groaning already!! Loving the new stencils and embossing pastes and can't wait to play with them!!

snazzyoriginal said...

Oh my, how will I stand the wait? love the Fun with Art stamp set, so versatile, great new stencils and that metallic embossing paste.....xx

Alexandra said...

Love these peeks. The flower stencil in action is gorgeous and leaves in stencils are too cool, the wild flowers and bird stencil is cute and metalic embossing paste, WOW!

Lisa McGushion said...

Can't wait to play with the embossing paste and love all the sewing pieces from blossom bucket

sabriggs said...

I must have been under a rock, I haven't seen the embossing paste! I have to get me some, so cool!