here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 12, 2013

catching up...

remember me? 

yikes..it's TRUE! 
time does fly when you're having fun...

so where have I been?

I taught 2 all day classes at Ink About It, in Westford, Ma. 

the first was an all day Ranger class...
and the second was an all day art journal class...

here's the sweet welcome banner Linda made...
that's Lori in the photo...



we had 2 really fun VERY ink days and I met some sweet awesome TALENTED ladies & one TALENTED gentleman...

my new archival inks got their first workout...and I kissed the labels every time I demoed them...
seriously...I DID!
they are so awesome...

THANKS to everyone for a FABULOUS weekend & to Linda & Lori for the invite...

I flew home on Sunday & spent about 14 hours at home...
just enough time to visit my hubby, sleep in my own bed, pet my critters...and pack a few art supplies...

then the next morning it was back to the airport 
to head to The Queen's Ink in Savage Md, to take 2 full days of classes from Finnabair...

it sure was a different experience being on the other side of the table...so relaxing...lol...

I had a total blast...played lots & really enjoyed the 2 days...

here's a little photo of my project...



this next photo is a journal cover, but I haven't added the holes yet...Rick said to forget the journal & put it in a frame...

still thinking on that...
look close & you'll see some art parts peeking out...


next is a 2 page spread that we made...
it's not glued into the journal yet...
still thinking on this one too...

if you ever have the opportunity to take Finn's classes...
DO IT! you won't be sorry!



next up is a fun tag I made for CHA...

it's a #8 manila tag...

the base was created with tim's distress paints...LOVE LOVE LOVE them...
I used barn door, peeled paint & broken china...

I stamped my cool new flower on specialty stamping paper 3 times with jet black archival, then used distress markers & the detail water brush to add color...the specialty stamping paper is glued to Clearly For Art...I use Glue N Seal (matte finish) ...it's awesome...

that makes the multi layered flower very strong & uncrushable...

it's so much easier to stamp with any color of ink instead of changing the bobbin color...

if you emboss it, it really looks machine sewn...

they are so easy to apply & they stick really well...
and it's super simple to customize embellishments to coordinate with your art...


the closer look below shows my new vintage mesh background stamped with watering can archival...

***yes we do have archival reinkers*** I guess I haven't talked about them, but they are available for all colors...
oops...

you can see that it is in the background & does not compete with the jet black archival stamped sentiment...

I added those little metallic dots with the gold distress stain & the detail water brush...

just shake the stain...
apply a bit to the craft sheet...
pick up the stain on the water brush, then tap the brush over the tag...
the result is cute mini metallic dots...

I also like to use the metallic stains to edge tags...
just make sure the dabber top is fairly dry...
NOT super saturated...

the gold coordinates well with 


time to get started on kits for my next store visit...

I'll be at Everything Scrapbooks & Stamps in Lake Worth, Florida...on September 7 & 8th...
teaching 2 full days of art journaling...

students will leave with a completed mixed media art journal both days...
(2 different journals...different techniques)
both...LOTS of fun...

we'll use lots of stamps...
lots of inks and we'll...

make art!
wendy


27 comments:

betjunroe said...

Loved everything you made at Queen's Ink Wendy! Rick is right--it deserves to be displayed on the wall. Must make the tag--so cute! Bette

Renee said...

Awesome art Wendy - thanks for the info. Missed you - happy to hear you were having fun.

Jenny Marples said...

Really love your art Wendy. The Finnabair pieces are truly stunning (LOVE that rocking horse) and the tag you taught is a gem. Gotta use the metallic dots technique. Can't wait to get my paws on your new Archival Inks (they are winging their way to the UK as we speak!!) Thank you for all you do and all you give us. Hugs, Jenny x

Redanne said...

Oh wow Wendy, I am even more excited to be doing a Finnabair day in November now! I agree with Rick, it deserves a frame..... Your tag is stunning, so looking forward to using your new archivals........ Anne x

Unknown said...

I just love that tag with the flower in the vase! it is beautiful and inspiring! I hope I can make something equally beautiful, i just love it. thanks for sharing!

Dorothy said...

All so beautiful!!

Lisa said...

WOW, all of your projects are so gorgeous, Wendy!! The projects you made from Finnabair's classes are stunning!! I agree with Rick - the journal cover needs to be framed!! And the tag is just beautiful!! I love the dimension to the flower!! My complete set of your Archival Inks just arrived in the mail and I can't wait to play!! As always, thanks for the amazing inspiration!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marilyn said...

What wonderful art work...absolutely divine! Love, love, love, your projects!

Vic said...

As always, your art is beautiful!

Tona said...

All of your projects are amazing! Way to Make Art!

Lori said...

Well, I totally agree with Rick, that one piece needs a frame! LOL Wow, absolutely gorgeous pieces you created! I love the colors, too! Wonderful, wonderful! And I love the new flower stamp, the detail on that makes it really look 3-D..seriously!

Helen said...

I so wanted to go to Anna's classes she's doing here in the UK this month but just couldn't - I love her work - and your take on it too!! The tag is beautiful as well.

Geraldine said...

Love the projects you created in Anna's classes. I took some classes with her last year and they were wonderful. Love your tag, and great idea for using the stains, love it.

Sharon Y said...

Lucky you to get to take a Finnabair class. Love what you created. Heck ya, that journal cover is so frame worthy! Loving the tag from CHA. Thanks for sharing.

Kay Wallace said...

I am one of your students from Ink About It, Wendy, and wish I had asked you to kiss my 6 new and vintage-y Vecchi inks! lol Love that you got to be a student for a couple of days and have some fun. Great art you created...and, yes, frame it--make another for that cover! Thanks so much for such a great time in Westford!

Miriam said...

Gorgeous work Wendy.... I finally got your new inks and wow!!! Just can't wait to get my hands on the stamps and stencils!!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous projects.

Amy* said...

Love the specialty stamping paper flower under clearly for art it really stands out. The finnibair pieces are gorgeous what fun you must have had. I've been having lots of fun with your new inks and pastes...I adore all of the colors so much!

Thanks for sharing all the fun techniques!

Amy*



Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FABULOUS!!!! Loved the class I took from you so I'm sure everyone did too, and WOW on the Anna class! I want to do that someday! Love what you made! I agree with Rick...no holes!!!

slbt17 said...

thanks for sharing! Fun stuff.
Sandra ltb

Art By Wanda said...

You've been busy!! What fun to Take a class and your projects look fabulous!!! I agree with Rick, you should frame it!!!

sue said...

You are one busy lady! Like all the projects.

sue said...

You are one busy lady! Like all the projects.

Unknown said...

Nice to have you back. It's good that you took the time to experience the other side of the table ... it's addicting! Your projects from Finnabair's classes are fabulous! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Debby said...

Cool projects. They do belong on the wall and not tucked away in a book. Love the look of the blog. Bright and easier to read. Will be nice to find some new things soon!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

I love knowing you're having fun. I love that you got to TAKE a class, how cool! The best teachers enjoy being students, IMO. And you are definitely one of the BEST!!

Sheryl said...

Love all your blossom bucket items, but this vase with the rub on is fabulous. The ower too. Love it all. I've already bought the cornflower blue and the watering can ink (the blue is almost sold out already at local LSS).

Love your new web page design too. Looks great. Easier to read for me.