here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 5, 2015

CHA W 2015 studio 490 stamp reveal...

F I N A L L Y...

it's time to show you my newest stamps for release at CHA THIS WEEK...

let's start with 
the 6 new stamp sets...

these are all the small set size...
they retail for $17.95 & 
I filled each sheet to the max...

but, my links will take you to 
the best pricing I can find...


see the cracked wall? it is awesome with the basically bricks stencil...
or use it with embossing paste to create a cracked plaster effect...
it can also be used alone, with an inky background...

I also find myself reaching for it & using it unmounted to fill in backgrounds with the cracks from the edges of the stamp...

the stripes on the bottom left remind me of the texture of worn smashed corduroy...

it's great for adding design to die cuts, art parts, alpha blocks etc...
and for background stamping on cards & tags too...

LOVE the lace border & of course, we all love sentiments...






2 beautiful coordinating filigree stamps in large & small sizes...
you saw peeks of the large one in the last post...

I'll also be showing you a "faux gilded art parts" technique after I return from CHA...
it uses my metallic embossing pastes & the new filigree stamps...

more sentiments, a fun flower & a great ornate shelf type border...




that little "hosta" might be my MOST FAVORITE stamp ever...

I have stamped it a million times & used just the leaves with other flowers...
it's so cute stamped twice, cut out & layered...
I had to hide this one so I didn't use it on every single project...
I'm NOT kidding...
you'll be seeing it...
L O T S!

the sentiments are great for cards...

another border...
I felt like I was missing borders from my sets...




isn't she gorgeous? 
her name is Megan...
we named her after my sweet niece...

it's fun to change up the flowers in her hair...

LOVE LOVE LOVE 
the ruffled border...
it's a fun one to stamp at the bottom of a tag & trim around...

and more sentiments...





we had half a million requests to shrink the berry tree from one of my original sets (LCS008)...
now it's perfect for cards...
and can be combined with the original large berry tree...

wait 'til you see how small & adorable it is...
SUPER CUTE!

more versatile borders & sentiments...

the lace border is a perfect fit for #8 tags...
I've been stamping it at the bottom of a tag & cutting it to change up the straight tag bottoms...
nice straight lines make it quick & easy to cut...



and the last new stamp set...



more sentiments...
I'll never have enough...

an alpha background filler...

borders...
I like them both horizontal & vertical...

LOVE the chain for hanging THINGS...
so they aren't floating in mid air...
and
sweet simple little flowers...
perfect to color with markers...


so that's the 6 new stamp sets...


next are 6 individual background stamps...
these retail for $10.95...

we've had multiple requests to sell just the background stamps from my older sets...

we had gelli plate players and cardmakers ask for these 2 specifically...

you asked...

so we DID IT!


this is a fun worn background...
and I like using just parts of it for borders...
the nice straight lines make it easy to align...


#2 is 
another popular stamp
 from an older set...


it's actually part of a vintage letter we found at a flea market...



LOVE IT!

we were in an antique store that had a really worn uneven rickety (awesome) pine plank floor...

it's a great subtle background...
and I also use it unmounted to add stamped bits to backgrounds...
it just might be my most favorite 
background of this release...

you can also stamp it as shown, then turn it 90 degrees & stamp again to change it up & create a plaid...



I noticed some morning glories growing on a trellis that looked like this...
it's PERFECT for all my flower stamps...
and looks wonderful when embossed in any color...


and the last single background is another brand new one...


we walked into a restaurant one day that had a black & white tiny tiled floor, with this pattern...
that was the inspiration for this one...

 6 is the MAGIC number...

6 new stamp sets & 6 new individual large background stamps...

oh wait...

here's a few project peeks to show how I've used a few of them...

lace trimmed tag bottom...

here's Megan...
see the new "HOSTA" leaves in her hair?
and the white embossing paste used thru 
the add a stencil in the background?


here's the perfectly plaid background stamp...
on this bow...
stamped in jet black, then inked with 


next is the tiles background, 
embossed with fern green embossing powder...
LOVE the ruffled border so much!




and here's my thought for today...
see the filigree peeking out?

LOVE the ruffles stamped in 
& trimmed from the tag bottom...


thanks so much for visiting...
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts...
tell me what you like...

I'll see you tomorrow with MORE NEW ___...

it's SO MUCH FUN to finally share
 new stuff goodies we can use
to

make art!
wendy



76 comments:

SusanK said...

What DON'T I like??? Oh my gosh, this is my favorite release EVER!!! Can't wait for them to hit store shelves!!!!!!!!

Tona said...

I love it all, of course, but my favorite is Passion For Art.

Debby said...

I LOVE all of the stamps! I have 2 of the background stamps so that saves me some coin to buy the rest of the release! Way cool. Can't wait to see more.

Cec said...

Oh wow - these are fantastic. Saving my nickels (we don't have pennies in Canada anymore)so I can go shopping :) Just hoping mojo comes with them since mine seems to have taken a hike over the holidays.

Jane said...

Textures for art - can't wait to get started. You have really captured some fun images for us. I can't wait for the SISI reveal!

purplemel said...

love them all now to figure out which will be the first

michelle said...

I can not pick just one there are so many fun stamps in these sets. . . and so much more to come my list is is going to be really long this year!

Diane Swanson said...

How much are the large individual background stamps?

jezebel said...

I'm going to need a night job...

Candy Spiegel said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Pinning away my wish list!

Gabrielle said...

Love, love, love these new releases! I can see my "must have" list is going to be very long at the end of these show and tells!!!

Heather said...

love the all occations, I think that is my favorite. Great release.

Rea' said...

OMG ... LOVE, LOVE LOVE Passion For Art; Meagan, the lace and the sentiments ... Oh My ... MUST have !!!
Actually lover them all so many cool new flowers too... OMG ... but Meagan's first on my list

Becca Cruger said...

Drooling so much right now... They are all so brilliant. You have such a great mind! I especially love the "you have what it takes" set.

Kent Mullens said...

I do love the hosta stamp.... Hostas are my favorite flower in my garden. I probably have 30 or more.... Great Job. I used your embossing past this last year for the first time and I can't stop using it. I am not sure how I have done things without it.... I have bought it in every color now.

Cant wait to get the Hosta stamp...

Elaine said...

Wow - love all your new stamps. That plaid background is to die for!!

Unknown said...

better start saving .... soooooo looks like you may have some die cuts for some of those images?
Sandra ltb

Alyce said...

So many ideas come to mind after seeing these. Love the background stamps and I think my favorite set is the all occasion set.

Lisa said...

I'll tell you what I love - EVERYTHING!! Wow, Wendy, what an amazing release this is!! They are all must-haves!! I have so many ideas!! Can't wait to see more tomorrow!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Caroline D. said...

Wowzers! You have outdone yourself yet again!! Love it all and can't wait to play when the new 'stuff' arrives in the stores!

2amscrapper said...

So many possibilities for all of them but I'm partial to Megan

Kathi said...

I love it all, but I am partial to "trademark art". It will be fun to create with all the new items.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Wendy, great start to the New Year. I love the background stamps, large and small they are stamps we will,use over and over and I love the sentiments and flowers too. Tracy x

Scrapthat said...

Oooo so much fun Wendy!! :D TFS

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Awesome, Wendy! I love the direction you are taking. See you in a few days!

Lori said...

Oooo eeee!!! Love all of these!

Ntsisterz said...

Worth the wait for all of the gorgeousness!!

Wilma said...

oooh Wendy...... what an awesome beautiful stamps. Cant's stop looking a them and thinking how happy I will be when they are in my hands;-)

Gail said...

WOW Wendy! You just keep "outdoing" yourself! I love them all especially Art for You. Can't wait to see what else you have come up with. Love love, love.
Gail in Oklahoma

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them all, especially the lady! Great background singles too! I wish I could see them in person...no CHA for me this year! I can't wait to order and get these though! Looking forward to the next post of new releases!!!

Meme said...

I flipping love this release! I will be getting these for sure, even if I have to dig every penny, dime, and nickel out of the bottom of every purse! LOL!

Seriously love!

Job well done!

Crafty Claire said...

Love them! Looking forward to tracking them down.

Colleen O said...

Congrats on the new releases. They are all really nice.

olive said...

All of these are FAB!

Beth Pingry said...

Awesome release! Love the first 2 sets...and the wood floor and clover, and the tiny diamonds. But then I like parts of the others too, so hard to pick a favorite!

Lisa said...

Fantastic! But, I'm not supposed to be buying anything else right now... LOL

Janie said...

Awesome new sets. Definately need some of these.

Sue said...

I sure hope Ted has the stamps with him at StampFest in Clearwater, FL the first weekend of February! <y bank account is s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n-g with all of the new things being shown on blogs this morning!!

Dorothy said...

Well of course I love all of it but my favs would be the cracked wall, filigree and that chain!!

Karen Goulet said...

That girl stamp is so lovely! The Textures for Art, makes for some great inspiration for a mixed media piece. You have done it again Wendy, spread the "happy" around again. Thanks!
Karen

Helen said...

what great looking stamps you've designed!

Craftyfield said...

Everything! But backgrounds are great, as they are essential, and the Texture for Art is my favourite set.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness !!! You are amazing, I love them all !!! But I am especially glad to see the script stamp, I have been looking for a large background on for ages. Can't wait to see your full projects you have done for CHA. Thanks so much for sharing now I have to start saving up to get these gorgeous stamps !!! Congratulations my friend you had some big hits here !!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I like it ALL, especially All Occasion Art with great card sentiments! Awesome designs!

Suzan VonEssen said...

I've been saving and saving... LOVE all of them! Passion for Art with the ruffled edge is awesome!

Unknown said...

I want each one! But since I am not young enough to ever use all of them....I will need to pick one....a month! Lol

Redanne said...

Congratulations on a brilliant release Wendy! Love, love the Art and You set of stamps - the Plaid, Script and Old Wood Floor are fabulous too - can't wait to get my hands on these beauties...

famillemarleau said...

Awesome designs. Love them. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

texasbarb said...

HAHAHA...like them ALL!!!

Jenny Marples said...

Love it all! My favourites - the textures (no one else has done a cracked wall like that! and I love that the lace is repeatable) the filigree elements and that Rococo shelf (stamp 4 and you have a picture frame!) the ruffled border is just brilliant and I can see why everyone wanted the plaid background. And frankly you are the queen of sentiments - positive, thought provoking, life affirming and unique. Go Wendy! Have a brilliant CHA. Jenny xxx

Craftychris said...

These are so cool! Love the tree and all the borders, the sentiments, the flowers, the backgrounds - well just everything! Ooh I need money to buy some! xxx

Julia Aston said...

Wow! I can't wait to see how that plank floor stamps - love the plaid on the bow (and I HAVE that bow stamp yippee!!!) and Megan with the flower in her hair - you have such vision Wendy! great new stamps!!

Barb said...

Love the new stamps.

Marci said...

Ditto what Jenny said just above! I have the sets that have the plaid and the script background stamps and I love them.

nanastricter said...

Thank you for listening to us!!! I love the background stamps -- trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to afford ALL of the new stamp sets plus the backgrounds, though!! I'm always looking for new 'sentiments' to add to my card creations so thanks for those. Enjoy your time at CHA and hope to see you at a class again soon.

Debbie K. said...

Love your new stamps, Wendy. My favorites are the script and perfect plaid stamps and I just adore 'A passion for art'. Megan is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great selection. This time of year is so exciting to see all the NEW items coming. Thanks for sharing. Linda from Alaska

Art By Wanda said...

I really truly like them ALL!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely need all the new sets and backgrounds!!!

Marilyn Shannon said...

Once again you have out done yourself. Love everything!

Dara Lynn said...

Ring in the new with Trademark Art...and loving the old...Old wooden floor! Congratulations on a sure to be successful release!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love your focus. It is steady and so visually awesome. There is so much madness out there right now with techniques and styles etc products.I am so glad I looked at face book tonight to see this.Beautiful steady patterns,thought provoking sentiments hard to pick a fav but would pick Textures for art..I journal a lot now.Wonderful for cards and journals everything. you always inspire me in my testy moments..I love you for that.
hugs
susan s

Unknown said...

Ok, I wanted to say exactly which sets were my favorites, but I'd have to be bouncing back & forth from the post to the comment, cause I like so much. My absolute fav is Trademark set. That saying at the top is awesome, and the font is perfect. Love the tree too. You're right about the hosta ... Lots of possibilities. And, the backgrounds ... The tiles, clover and script are at the top of my list!

Create Beauty with Laurajo said...

Love it all, but ooh yum, that Filigree is so very pretty!!

sreynolds999 said...

Love them all!!

Anonymous said...

Everything! When will the collection be available to buy and are you going to add a link? I, too, love that ruffle. I want every stamp set. I assume there are stencils also - right?

Love it all! The tease was fun.

stamping sue said...

I'm a big fan of big background stamps! your border stamps look interesting, too.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Kirsten said...

I particularly like the background stamps, but all of these new releases are fantastic & Megan is beautiful. I love the quotes too, such a great selection. And of course, the sneak peeks of your projects are making me long to see all of them. Can't wait for the reports from CHA.

barbara macaskill said...

I think that I am going to be in serious trouble! LOVE ALL of these new stamps and MUST have them ASAP!!!! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

NO WAY!! I want to know who's been spying in my house. That cracked wall looks exactly like a hole I have in my wall,(I still need to patch that!) and the old wood floor, you guessed are my hardwood floors...lol I love that little chain stamp, oh heck I love all your stamps and hope to be able to get some this year!! Thank you for sharing. Love ya' Patricia B

nonnie said...

love the border stamps- so versatile - and I always love your sayings!

Kathy Eddy said...

loving everything I am seeing here! Keep 'em coming Wendy!

cathy< jt said...

Oh my !! Old wood floor stamp , script stamp , quilt stencil, all of the flower sets !! I love it all Wendi !!
Yippie !!

Cathy Thompson

Julie S said...

yes! Lovin' the the background 4-leaf clover and old wood floor stamps!

Anonymous said...

I love the background stamps!

suzyb said...

Saw a video of you at CHA, amazing great stuff!!! I never knew about the technique of paste and embossing powder, let dry and then heat. Looks just like enamel but not near as bad for you!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing Wendy and look forward to more!!!!!!
Victoria, BC
Canada

Sid said...

Fantastic and very useful stencils Wendy !