here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

new SiSis, stencils & MORE...

WARNING...
this is a very long post!
you might want to grab a comfy seat...

PLEASE NOTE...
it's so long that it's a 2 part post...
at the bottom you'll see a spot to click that says READ MORE...
click that & you'll see the whole post...

I can't even tell you how excited I am about this post...
like I was up @ 3:40 am EXCITED...

again...
6 seems to be the magic number...

lets start with the 6 new stencils...

stencils 1 thru 5 are $4.95 each...

#1 is...
all occasion sentiments...

 I'll be reaching for this stencil frequently...
I included lots of year round occasions here...

lots of options to mix & match words...

for both the outside & inside of cards...

just mask off the ones you don't need & ink away or use this guy with embossing paste, to create raised sentiments...



#2 stencil is...
alphabets...

a large & a small...

very useful with inks, sprays & embossing pastes...

it's also a great filler for backgrounds...


#3 stencil is...
borders...

I designed these with nice open areas, so we can stamp or stencil thru them to add patterns & change them up...

think about this...
 the scallop can be stenciled with the diagonal stripes on the left...
or stamped with text 
or polka dots 
or plaid...
for lots of fun possibilities...

these are really nice with embossing pastes!

they work well horizontally & vertically too...

I have a fun trick to show with the one on the right...


#4 stencil is...
old ledger...

let me just say this...
I LOVE IT!
use it all for a full background or just pieces of it to fill in spots or to create borders, with the section on the left...

used with embossing paste, it's a subtle addition to backgrounds...
so fun!


#5 stencil is...
vintage quilt...

this one turned out even better than I hoped!
again...
use with inks, embossing powders or pastes...
it's fabulous!



ok...so stencil #6 is a little different...

keep in mind that stencils 1 thru 5
 are $4.95 retail...
that's important info...

here's #6...
a SET OF 4
STENCILS & MASKS

called spotlight frames & masks...

the price Ted gave us for this 
SET OF 4 stencils, 4 masks ( 8 pieces) is awesome...

it's just  $12.95!

the shapes included in the set are a circle, an oval, a shrine & a fancy frame...

these are one of THE MOST USEFUL
(yes ALL CAPS)
tools ever...

and I'll be showing lots of ways to use them in future posts...

but here's the basics...
the stencil has the opening and the mask is the solid cutout piece...

so, mask off an area to protect it, then stamp, stencil, ink, spray or add embossing paste & that area is protected...

makes life so easy...

or, use the open stencil & add inks, paints, stamps, stencils, sprays or embossing paste to the inside area only...

here's the package...


and a photo is worth a thousand words...

this shows how this set works...

stenciling only inside the shrine...
stamping outside the shrine...
make sense?


now it's time for 
6 new stamp it-stencils it...
aka SiSis...

quite possibly my most favorite E V E R!

if you've not used them before...
stamp it stencil its
 include the stencil & the coordinating stamp in the same package...
the price for each of these is $9.95...

here's how they work...

stamp the image first, then lay the coordinating stencil OVER the stamped image...
that allows us to use archival or distress inks (with a blending tool) to quickly and easily add color to the images, while protecting the background at the same time...

there are 2 ways to use them...

if you want a completely flat card or tag...
follow the steps above...
this method is great for mailable cards or art journal pages, since it adds no bulk...

or...plan B...
stamp them several times, cut them & layer them like I did on the sample above...


#1 is...
marigold...

you'll see the full layered sample above inside the shrine spotlight frame...
this next photo shows the marigold stamp & the coordinating 2 part stencil...


and this photo shows the marigold a little better...


#2  is...
coneflower...


here's a better look at the image thru the stencil...
see how it fits over the image & protects the background?


#3 is...
hydrangea...


and another look...
these leaves are AWESOME to cut out & pair with other flowers...


#4 is...
carnation...


it's a beauty!

#5 is...
rose...
this is a smaller version of the rose stamp from a previous release...
it's sized perfectly for cards...
sooo cute!


I LOVE IT!
you'll see that I spaced the stencils further apart to make inking even easier...
less masking...


and #6 is...
bouquet...
so pretty!


the bouquet has 3 stencil areas...
stamp first,
 then position the stencil (shown below) to ink just the green parts...

then reposition the stencil so the flowers can be inked, then...see those 5 little spots in the bottom left corner?
those get positioned over the flower centers & allow us to add ink to just the centers or to add translucent embossing paste or glitter to highlight just the flower centers!

this makes a really pretty card in 2 minutes flat!

I'm IN LOVE with my new SiSis...

on to more new things...

you can't see me...
but at this point, I'm jumping up & down & wiggling in my chair...

for the longest time, 
I've wanted "containers" for my flowers...
with certain criteria...

I wanted them to be super thin
 & super durable...
and for sure they had to take ink very well & be triple...embossable...
that means
with embossing paste, embossing powders & embossing folders...
and they had to have a good price!

I wanted them especially for cards that could be mailed with very minimal bulk...

so...
the awesome Stampers Anonymous guys got us very thin 1 /16 of an inch thick...
high quality mat board...
they laser cut it in the shapes I wanted...
and Ted gave us AMAZING pricing...

and now we have 

mat minis!

here's a page from the flyer...

each package has a sheet of black and a sheet of white laser cut shapes...
they are in a storage sheet...
just pop them out & they're ready to go...

and...
get this...
$4.95 for each package...
almost free!

we have 2 sets of mat minis...

the first is 
mat minis flower pots...
there are 2 large black, 2 large white & 2 small black & 2 small white in the package...
they are a 2 part layered flower pot shape...

and the second set is called 
mat minis pitchers and vases...
they are also a 2 parter, with the underneath layer having a cut out to insert stems...
they can also be used without the bottom layer for an even flatter easy to mail card...
if you so choose...

in the pitchers & vases set you get a sheet of black & a sheet of white...
in total you get
3 black pitchers, 3 white pitchers, 3 black vases & 3 white vases...


the sheets look like this in black & the white sheet is behind it in the package...


all for $4.95...

I AM IN LOVE with them...
they are exactly what I wanted...


here's the mat minis flower pots package...


and here's the mat minis pitchers & vases package...





next...
when I discovered the faux graniteware technique when playing with my embossing powders, I found that I LOVE doing the technique on a black surface...

which is why I wanted the BLACK mat minis...

that lead to this...

introducing...
the faux graniteware starter kit...

in this kit is a 6 inch x 12 inch sheet of magic black mat board, the instructions for the technique & also a small spatter stamp, that is used to create the perfect dots...

it's got a great price of $4.95...

it's no secret that I LOVE tim's Sizzix bigz dies...
so this black magic mat board is PERFECT for die cutting...
it's light weight, but sturdy...
perfect for cards, tags & mixed media too...

the magic mat board comes 
in a convenient size to store 6 x 12 inches...

the small spatter stamp is great for stamping around curved surfaces & is much easier to handle than the large spatter background, especially if you're working on a pretty small surface...

I thought about chopping up my large spatter background, but now we have the small spatter stamp...
you'll love it too...


so after working with the magic black mat board, I decided we needed a package of

1 sheet of black mat board & 1 sheet white magic mat board...
I wanted the white because it will show the true ink colors...

the package of two magic mat board 6 x 12 sheets 
one black...one white
sells for $3.50

that package looks like this...


phew...
I told you it was long...

but wait...
there's one more...

we have a LARGE jar of white embossing paste now...

it's double the size, double the quantity of white paste...
but the price is $14.95...

this large jar is great to use with the mix & store jars, to create & store custom colored embossing paste!

I'm super excited to hear your thoughts!
what's your favorite?

thanks so much for sticking with me to the end...

I hope you're excited to...

make art!
wendy
ps...I got this question yesterday...


So are all the other pigment ink colors being 

discontinued? How about the Adirondack dye inks?  

YES...
glacier white & black tie will be the only Ranger pigment inks...
we'll be using glacier white for the graniteware technique...

another YES...
the Adirondack dye inks are replaced with the new dye ink colors...



55 comments:

SusanK said...

Not sure I like the new Ranger colors - too bright for me. I LOVE my Adirondack colors!!! Love your new stencils and the mat boards! I gotta get a job that pays better!!!!!!!

Janie said...

Excited to get some of your new stuff.

Alyce said...

phew. . . . So many interesting things. I'll be going back through it again to see what i"ll be wanting to play with first!

Vicki said...

Somehow I missed the first part of the post. Ohhhhh so many awesome new fun stuff to buy Cannot wait!

Scrapthat said...

Oooo it all looks GREAT!!<3

sue said...

Very excited about all the new products.

Elaine said...

Loving the pitchers and ewers, and the new stencils and and and!!

Caroline D. said...

oooo.... it's exciting to have so many new things coming out to play with. Love it all.

Debby said...

I love everything that I have seen! I hope they will ship fast! Love all of the card applications. I am excited to get some good chipboard too. I like the idea of a small splatter stamp. Hope you will teach in the Chicagoland area this year!

Redanne said...

Wow Wendy, the mat boards are fabulous and so are the new flower stamps - love them all!

Gabrielle said...

I think my brain has exploded! Too much creative possibilities in one place (combined with the other reveals and it probably has!) LOVE these new releases! Now we just need them here in Blighty pronto!

Vic said...

My shopping list is growing by leaps and bounds!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Loving all new range of stamps and inkpad designs by you, Wendy!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the flower SiSi's....especially the rose!!!! The stencils are wonderful too, love the quilt look! And I cannot wait to try the mat magic!!! I'm so intrigued and wish I could see you in action playing with it!!!

Heather said...

all so exciting. love all the new stuff.

Lori said...

Wow!!! Cool stuff!! Ha! I knew it, a new material to work with!! Awesomer!

Unknown said...

WOW, lots of great designs, you have been super busy, thanks for including prices to help everyone budget.

Deb Smith said...

Soooooooooo looking forward to seeing all of these face to face this weekend. And your lovely face as well!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, everything is so amazing!! You have outdone yourself with this release!! I want it all!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Art By Wanda said...

LOVE!!!!!! Totally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dara Lynn said...

My goo goo eyes loved the new SiSi's...stunning designs!!!! Stencils and mat boards...will be so fabulous to play with! I can see why the excitement is insomnia worthy!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great release love the SiSi and the stencils and the mat boards are a great idea too. Looking forward to getting some of these x x x

Dawn B. said...

Love it all, want it all! :-)

Sue said...

Those mat boards look really cool! Love the new stencils. The new Sisi's. Oh heck, I love it all!

Jenny Marples said...

Those spotlights and masks are at the tip top of my list! Thank you for helping us get those layers without the bulk. And on that note loving the look of that mat board and the SiSi's. Finally, thank you so much for the hydrangea - one of my favourite all time flowers. I can so see why you got excited to show us all of this! Jenny x

Jane said...

Flowers are my ultimate weakness! Your SISI's are amazing, and I've been waiting 'patiently' for a hydrangea. It will be first on my wishlist! Love it all.

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, these are all just fantastic!!!

Tona said...

Holy moly! I see lots of new Wendy goodies that will be coming to my craft room soon.

snazzyoriginal said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on these x

Kari said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, what a wonderful assortment of beautiful things.

Candy Spiegel said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! I love that coneflower! Been playing with the faux granite ware technique and love it, so I am excited to get that new kit with the smaller stamp! You go girl!!

Rea' said...

Woooooooooooo ... excited for youso much cool stuff I'll have to re-read to take it all in... right now I'm headed back to bed > Resting up ( had to go to funeral today/first full day out since being sick) so I can do CHA on Saturday !

Unknown said...

wow - very fun - the possibilities are endless!
Sandra ltb

Diane Swanson said...

I can't wait to get the new stencils and that SiSi's coneflower-and all of it! Don't forget to tell us when we can get it!

Linda said...

Love all of your new products !!! Then stencils and stamp/stencil sets are awesome! !! can't wait, great job and the prices are fabulous. Congrats to you !!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

I'm in love!! All of these new items are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Love ya' Patricia B

Kirsten said...

Goodness, so much fabulousness! The vases & pitchers are so cute & I love the stencils.

toni said...

Amazing collection!!!!! Can't wait to see the reveals of your sneaky peeks, hope we can get the full range here in the UK . Your fan base here is growing and growing ! Thank you Wendy,xx

Kathi said...

I love the new stencils. And the vases and flower pots are soooo cute!

Skraperella said...

Love all the new products! I've always like the idea of combining stamps and stencils... Would be great to see the addition of dies and embossing folders as well...imagine all four together?! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Great new stuff Wendy! especially love the matboard pitchers and pots!...... oh and the stencils, and the SiSi's ........

famillemarleau said...

Those are all amazing. Love them all. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Lori said...

Quick question Wendy...I love the Sisi's...was wondering why SA doesn't include the cut out portion of the stencil? It would be handy for a mask. You know, for boneheads like me that forget something and need to do it afterwards. LOL

Unknown said...

OMG! I can't wait for the new SiSi's and stencils! Love them all! Especially that bouquet! Can't wait to see it in action!

Wilma said...

Just..... W O W !!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'm jumping up and down screaming with you! LOVE the new SISI sets!!!!!!!! MUST have them!

michelle said...


Oh my gosh, my head is swimming . . .need I say more?

Keely said...

I LOVE all of the new SiSi's!!!!! Can't wait to play with them and the vases!! Please tell me you'll be teaching in the Chicago area this year!!!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

You have out done yourself. all of this is so wonderful and affordable. fabulous Wendy.
hugs
susan s

Craftychris said...

Ooh, everything is awesome! xxx

Suzan VonEssen said...

I strapped in for this one and good thing! WOW. The new stencils are wonderful - especially Vintage Quilt. The idea of the masks fits right in with your style. Love the SiSi's -especially the hydrangea and bouquet. And the Mat Mini's - Awesome Sauce!! <3

J-Lin said...

You've done it again, Ms. Wendy! That is why we love all your stuff. You have played, made, tested and re-tested, so we may enjoy!

Anonymous said...

The new mat minis and mat boards look cool!

Unknown said...

Fab new stuff Wendy, esp the lush new Archival colours xxx

MaRyKaY said...

Your art pieces are so fun