here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, October 1, 2009

it's october...

REALLY???????
Are you sure?

Yep...no sun here...
the furnace is on...
I'm looking for sweats...
I want home made soup...
I made hot tea last night...
I HATE Illinois in the winter...

anyway...

YIKES...
If it's really October...
I must have slept thru September...

And speaking of being asleep...
I just got an email...forwarding my reservation..?
WHAT reservation?
Where am I supposed to be?

OMG??
Did I forget something?

NOPE...it's from Ranger... for CHA already...
in January...2010...
WHAT???
I just got back from CHA...how is this possible???
But...
It got me excited...

I LOVE working/demoing @ CHA for Ranger...
I LOVE seeing friends...

I'm thinking winter will be really exciting this time...since summer CHA was done on a smaller scale...

Lots of new stuff...
Lots of awesome displays...
new studio 490 stamps...
another book??
YIKES!!
How many more days to get ready?

I'll keep this short today...
All the products I used are listed on yesterday's post...
if you want to play along...or if you NEED to shop!

Here's a shot of the canvas again...
finished...


And here's the film strip ribbon idea...

those little holes are PERFECT for hanging...
stuff!

HOW SIMPLE...


I stapled the film strip ribbon to the bottom of the canvas with an old fashion stapler...the kind that opens all the way...
I used string...you could use jump rings...
DONE!

I have a few more of those canvas hearts...
more mini jenni papers...
I want to mixed them with graphic 45...
I'm thinking...RED...
all I NEED is 30 minutes...

maybe later today...
I'll skip lunch...
I WILL get it done...
and...
I'll show you tomorrow!

That's it!
Take care...

make art!
wendy

23 comments:

Debby said...

Way cool piece Wendy. Thanks for sharing. Yes I hate winter in Illinois too. It is too long and too dreary. But if you can't go out then you can always make art right?
Except when you have errands to run. GRRR.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

That is a great idea to use the filmstrip ribbon to hold little charms! I can't wait to play this weekend!

KAT said...

I don't think you slept through September - you spent the entire month getting ready for your CRUISE - because it's in 10 *yes* 10 days and I've been waiting for 11 months to go.... Yippppeeeeee!!!!

Love the film strip idea!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous idea with the film strip ribbon ... but I am distracted ... New Stamps ... Yippee :0) Perhaps I should make a start getting new binders ready ...

Lori said...

As always, fantabulous! Love the texture that the canvas heart gives the piece. Auesome!

Tona said...

Time is flying, isn't it.
I love what you did with the film strip!

Sarah said...

I love it!!!

Helen said...

Looks great. But I too, like Linda, am keen to find out about the new stamps - or did you not think we'd notice!!

borcherding said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the film strip ribbon. Well, the whole canvas is gorgeous.
Eileen in NYC

Unknown said...

Super Cute Wendy - I must have slept through yesterday, because I missed your post. No wonder I had a hard time finding the Jonathan minis, YOU BOUGHT THEM ALL! Just kidding - I have some on the way

Hels Sheridan said...

Love it!!! Tis so gorgeous :O))

Penci said...

Already with the teasers about CHA releases! Well, not really but anything said about something you are going to do that I can not get my hands on right now...its a teaser for me!!!! So impatient, I am. I think I just might survive in the meantime though since you are so generous in sharing your art and ideas. How clever is that to use the filmstrip the way you did? Absolutely brilliant! Loving this piece.

Jill W. said...

LOVE IT!!
~Jill

Princess of glitter said...

What a great idea!

2amscrapper said...

My sentiments exactly about the Illinois weather! Love the soft, gentle look of the canvas piece. Great use of the TH filmstrip ribbon!

Andrea said...

the finished piece is super and more new stamps, can we have a little sneek peek or hint of what they might be please ?????

Nancy Wethington said...

Shear genius! I saw you buying these at For Keeps Sake and as you were buying I was thinking . . . wondering . . . what you would do with these. You are an amazing talent!

Dorothy said...

Such a beautiful piece!!
You are so talented!
Dorothy

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful. I love the canvas heart. I've got some canvas from wallyworld that I should be able to die cut, hmmmm?

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

WOW! I'm inspired to start on one of my canvases - well after I've watched 'Strictly Come Dancing - It Takes Two' I know you have 'Srictly' over there don't know if you have this bit which is on every weekday night and they digest and discuss what went on in the last show ;)
Anne (UK) xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

PS love the use of the film strip ribbon :)
Anne xx

Sherry Goodloe said...

How the heck are you finding time to make art with only 8 more "sleeps" before we board the ship? LOL

Love your canvas Wendy. See you soon :)