here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, October 23, 2009

one of the gifts...

that our cruisers got was this fun black box from Cosmo Cricket...

They also donated a complete set of 12 x 12 papers, cool journaling cards...
AND...
the coordinating stickers too...

so...each cruiser got the whole shebang!
WOW!!

Since we had a day off...everyone had a special surprise project and plenty of "studio @ sea" space to play and enjoy the day...

Here's the naked box...


I got mine before the cruise & had a sample made to show...

I used my flower stamp again...
I like it as a flower, but...
it's PERFECT for a pumpkin!


Once it was cut out & inked, I overstamped it with polka dots.

The grungeboard vine was cut with a Sizzix die and stamped with this screen stamp.

The small pumpkin, bat & cute cat are from tim's seasonal grungeboard set.
The bat & cat are painted with black crackle paint.

Just an fyi...I see that there is a SALE on the crackle paints...
just incase you happen to NEEEEEEEEED any...
I'm just saying...
SALES are good!

"BOO" is Maya Road Noah chipboard alphas...they are mini & oh SOOO cute! For me...the smaller...the better...

I'd LOVE to wallpaper a bathroom in this AWESOME paper...
Hello...Cosmo Cricket???
Can I buy a million sheets??




And a closer look...
"pumpkins for sale" was computer generated...



Here's the inside...
MORE awesome papers from Cosmo Cricket...

The price is $4.90 each...
Get it???


LOTS of you asked for more photos and project photos...
I think I forgot to take some before the cruise...

but...I'll do that just as soon as Mr Fed-Ex delivers my cruise boxes.
It should be today!!
YIPPEE!

Come back on Monday...
I'll be waiting for you...

Have a GREAT weekend & take time to...
make art!
wendy

18 comments:

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Love the pumpkin box. And 4.90 is the perfect price for a grunge flower pumpkin! I'll be back on Monday for more pics...can't wait.

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wow! Love it!! I'm working on Christmas stuff but I might have to return to Halloween! Looking forward to more pics on Mon. Have a good one!

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally awesome art as ever Wendy, you inspire me more than anyone ever ever ever in the whole wide world!!! Thanks for sharin your creativity xx

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab box thanks for sharing. It took a moment for the 4.90 to click, maybe the grey matter is slowing down!

Elaine A said...

Love the box Wendy. Everything just looks wonderful together. Have a great weekend and wee you Monday!

Elaine Allen

Debby said...

Love the pumpkins! Glad to hear that you had a good time on the cruise. I saw the video and it looked like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing more of the projects.

Art By Wanda said...

Awesome!! I love how detailed you are with your projects!! I need more of your stamps but must be good until Christmas... and besides, I have several sets on the Christmas list I gave to dh :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous art XXX

Allie Gower said...

Great work! Looking forward to seeing more Cruise art.

michelle said...

Wonderful art and yes I do get it!

kate blue said...

very cute and am inspired to do some fall projects this weekend! Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Andrea said...

simply stunning x

Anonymous said...

Mine is still naked, Wendy! But I hope to dress it up soon!
Thanks once again for awesome art and a wonderful cruise,
Eileen

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!! What an amazing box!!! I LOVE every single detail & there is so much texture!!! VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!

Dianal said...

wow, what a cute box ... great art .. can't wait until you share more ....

D's Paper Studio said...

Welcome home. I know you must have had a great time after watching tim's video. Your project looks wonderful.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a great idea for that box...love how you decorated it..I'm so excited because I managed to nab one of those boxes at HL for only $2.51 in their clearance section...can't wait to decorate mine!!! TFS

Terry

Nancy D. said...

I got to see her box in person..totally adorable!!!..& was a lucky recipient of the all the Cosmo Cricket goodies!...so much fun!!!