here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, October 22, 2009

now that was...FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where to begin???
first of all...


From the bottom of my heart...

THANK YOU TIM, for inviting me to teach on this AMAZING art adventure...
talk about FUN...

Rick & I had a total BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooooooo much to MARIO for his AMAZING organization of all the supplies...

Think about it...
that was the basis of everything working smoothly.

193 boxes...and total PERFECTION...what a guy!!

Thanks so much to Rick for helping with everything from kits to classes...and all your support.
You are the BEST!!

Thanks to Jan from ScrapMap for your help in my workshops...
I sincerely appreciate it.

We had great teamwork...packing, unpacking, setting up..moving boxes...

THANKS to Keychain, Michelle, Jim & Jaci...we had so much FUN! I keep saying that...
but...it's true!!

And we had absolutely wonderful sponsors...




and last, but certainly not least...
THANKS to all 160 of our cruisers!

You ALL made it a very fun week.
I'm so glad we got to meet & make art!!!
I now have more friends from all over the USA...Italy, Greece, Australia, Canada...and NovaScotia... It was my pleasure to meet each & every one of you!!
***
Don't FAINT...
I actually have some photos to share!
The ship was PERFECT...REALLY HUGE...almost like a floating city...
The BEST we've ever been on...
Here's a shot of the promanade...
like I said...huge... about 4 stories tall...



This made me laugh...ignore those toes...geez...
Anyway...you get so immersed in ART & FUN...
they have to remind you what day it is...



Our workshop spaces were perfect...
Private and VERY comfy...
Perfect for...
MAKING ART!



we had plenty of room...



Working hard...


Some people, like Heidi...
REALLY got into their project...

Here's a look @ the closing cocktail party...

For the finale...
Jim gave away a FREE spot on Tim's next cruise!
What an AWESOME prize!!!
Congrats to Sally!!!!!
***
So, once again...
THANKS to TIM and everyone involved...
it was 1000 times more fun than we even imagined...
SERIOUSLY!
***
Want to see more?
Check out tim's video...
***
Now...
I'm off to make art!
wendy
ps...Rick & I both want to thank you for all the sweet anniversary comments & emails...
37 years and one day...

19 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I thought that was a "crack up" as well = the day reminder in the elevators. But after the 2nd day of the cruise, it was a welcome reminder after a couple of mojitos, several naps, and of course the many workshops! *smiles*

I'm STILL on the cruise. I SO wanted to take a nap at work yesterday. YIKES!

Unknown said...

I am pleased you had a fab time Wendy and I am even more pleased to have you back ... I missed you X

Elaine A said...

Welcome home Wendy! Glad to have you back.

Elaine Allen

Sarah said...

Much of the success of the cruise is due to you, Wendy. Your workshops were awesome!!
Hmmmmm...I wonder if my DH would make day of the week inserts for the carpet in our bedroom so I would know what day it is when I wake up!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Sounds like a fantastic voyage! Wish I could have gone, looks like everyone had a great time! Glad you are back!

ScrappyPam said...

Wendy (& Rick!) - thank you so much for all of your art and inspiration on the cruise! LOVED your classes and I can't wait to complete the projects (I'm slow!). They are very cool and I loved them!

Thanks for everything - I'm so glad you were part of our cruise!!

Pam (& DH Kim)

craftimamma said...

Wow, what a fabulous time you all had, looks like. I would so love to go on one of those cruises but unless I win the lottery it'll never happen. Never mind I can drool over your piccies.

Lesley Xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wendy,
Thank YOU so much! You and Rick were such an integral part of our cruise experience. I will not forget last week as long as I live.

Your work, your grunge, your smile, your easy teaching style, your ART! was enjoyable from head to toe.

Sneaky Mister Rick caught me making art on the floor - but it was SO MUCH FUN!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Luv,
Heidi

Donna said...

Thank you Wendy and Rick!! I had a amazing time, and the workshops were fantastic!! It was a trip of pure fun!!!

Lorraine A said...

I saw Tim's video too and it seems everyone had such alot of fun :-) fab photo of Heidi gettin down n dirty :-) ha ha ,,, :-) I think I might just have to 'borrow this piccy if you don't mind to put on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge ,, sshh don't tell Heidi :-)

have you thought about a Mediterranean cruise ????? :-) Lots of us on this side of the pond would love to join in :-)

Luv
Lols x x x
p.s ,, lovely wedding photo ,,, happy anniversary :-) x x

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, your trip looks absolutely amazing Wendy, what a fabulous experience for you all. It looks like Heidi is going to bouncing up and down for some time yet !!!

Happy Wedding Anniversary !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Art By Wanda said...

I'm happy you had such a marvelous time!!!! Some day... some day...sigh. And I'm glad you're back!! Missed reading your blog while you were gone.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

I couldn't wait for you to get back to the middle of Illinois... in the cold...after a week in the heat! Missed your posts all week long. So when do we get to see the projects that you kept telling us about before you left? I would be happy with one a day! I can't begin to imagine how much fun it would be to go on a scrapbooking cruise. Maybe when I retire!

Andrea said...

glad you all had the most perfect time, who could ask for more, only me I need the money to be able to go on one of these amazing cruises x

Hels Sheridan said...

I missed you too...great to see you have had the best time on the Cruise but even better to have you home again hun xx

Jill W. said...

so i wont be dreaming about sugar plums, but the cruise next year, that i will be drooling over and wont get to go on that one either!! but, thanks for letting me live thru you and your blog!!
glad things went so well for you and everyone and thanks for sharing the pics and the stories.
welcome home...now go MAKE ART!!! roflmao....hahaha
~Jill

Nancy said...

I still think they should have put "Friday" in the elevators on Tuesday! I was so confused all day! *lol*

Thank you & Rick, again ... you rock!

Dianal said...

sounds like a great time ... hope to hear and see more of the "art" that you created that week ..

Lynne Forsythe said...

Wendy....firstly Happy Belated Anniversary!!
Next.....I'm sssssssssoooo glad you had such an awesome time....Maybe SOMEDAY!!! a GIRL CAN DREAM!!
Miss ya girl!!