here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, April 22, 2011

art parts shadow box art...

hello & HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND to you!

it seems like I've not blogged in like forever...
yikes!

we had a wonderful show in Akron last weekend...
thanks for your hospitality & excitement...
that was fun...

got home on Monday...

since then, I had a date with my sweetie on Wednesday & we hit a brand new area looking for antique stores & inspiration...

we got some FUN finds...
some vintage things dated 1902...
an old mini paper cutter, about 7 inches square...
and a few other "items" that will be transformed into new stamps for release @ CHA mid July...

I've been gathering ideas for stamps & new art parts too & hope to have them sent to the computer geniuses @ Stampers Anonymous by the end of next week...

they'll tweak them there & make them "stamp ready" for us...

I did take a few hours to...
make art...

here's an art parts "shadow box" type piece I made, by layering several of the rectangle frames together...

the construction is a solid art parts base with 3 art parts frames glued over the base & a scallop trim added to the top...
this creates a good shelf for tim's corked vials to sit on...

art parts are easily colored with the new distress stains...

sure wish we had the other 24 colors...
I bet you knew that!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them...LOTS!


here's a closer look @ the grunge flower, which is layered over an art parts flower...
the grunge is inked with weathered wood distress stain & the art parts flower is faded jeans distress stain...

it was stamped with this background, using jet black archival...

the flower center is a new tim accoutrement
with an art parts circle inside of it...
I LOVE a perfect fit...

the mini art parts circle (the cutout from the spool)
was stamped with this stamp...

it's appropriate, since the next stop on the art adventure is the convention in Novi Michigan...
(I fly into the Detroit airport)...

it's called Great Lakes MEGA MEET & the convention scoop is HERE...

the scroll/leaves art parts piece looks a bit different, because I cut it apart...
the cut area is covered with the flower...


the labels were fun...
the long skinny vial is labeled with the numbers from tim's journaling ticket...
the middle is the door from my house stamp...
and the one on the right is this label...

the art parts hand and the mini butterfly (made with clearly for art BLACKOUT) were added to the sides of the frame...

eyelets can be glued into the holes in the scallop trim & are a good little detail...



ok...
we're off for another road trip...
wearing WINTER coats...
it's a balmy 38 degrees & raining...
geez...it's almost MAY!

I hope THE rabbit fills your basket with rubber,
so that you can...

make art!
wendy

33 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

So cool...off to MAKE ART ;)

Lesley said...

Very nice!!!
Have missed your art!!

Helen said...

Missed you so much but love this, welcome back! Going to get some inks out....

Scrapthat said...

So cool! TFS!

jan metcalf said...

So wishing I got paid to make art!! Your work is always inspiring Wendy! Thanks for sharing it with us on the blog!!

Dorothy said...

I love this alot Wendy!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

SusanK said...

A new shopping area? Always looking but usually not finding - some day it will happen. Love this box...the layered look is just super for using up some extra pieces. I hear a project calling me...my Art Parts aren't getting used enough.

sue said...

Missed you Wendy, you are a busy lady. Shadow box is way cool. LOL Happy Easter!

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

Thanks so much for the wonderful Eye Candy! Love how the shadow box turned out and all the elements you've used. AWESOME! Have a safe trip and Happy Easter to you and Rick!

Elaine Allen

Unknown said...

This is sooo cool! I love the little bottles and the labels are the perfect finishing touch! I never thought of gluing the eyelets into the arts parts ... duh! lol Happy Easter, and stay warm on your next road trip!

Debby said...

This is really cool. Good day to make art since it is raining and cold! Tired of this midwest drab weather!

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the mini shelf idea, just the trick when there isn't time to for a whole 'configuration'!

Kaz Hall said...

Oh Wendy....Droool!!! This is fab, fab, fab!!!

Love it

KAzx

Tona said...

I love this project. It's full of so many great details.
Happy Easter!

Vic said...

As usual, I love it!! Stay warm & Happy Easter to you!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great project. I really love what you did using parts of stamps as the labels and the 3D effect of layering up the frames.

Hels Sheridan said...

Missed ya!!! LOVE this piece... totally inspirational as ever Wendy.. enjoy your trip... pop over here, tis 26degrees here today... sunshine city!! x

ArteDar said...

OH MY GAWD!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this.... and I NEED one....sheesh, if only I had more hours in the day!
TFS Happy Easter to you and loved ones!

Anonymous said...

Awesome project! I love the shelf!

michelle said...

I am trying to imagine what you found on your treasure hunt. . .

I love this project so fun!


Happy Easter!

TheLastOfNine said...

It is so cute! That rubber basket filling rabbit never hops here :(
Gloria

Gillian .... said...

Good to have you back with another amazing art part project. Love how you have created the bottle labels and the new TH accoutrement, never thought of using the small art parts circle like that. Have a good road trip:)

Nancy Wethington said...

Love this and all those tiny bottles. Your attention to detail is always amazing.

Susan Leslie said...

Love this piece Wendy, great idea with the labels. Oh how I wish I could get out my art parts and make art but they are all packed up for our trip back home to Ottawa after spending a beautiful 5+ months in Florida. Happy Easter to you, too.

Gail Bales said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip. Thanks so much for sharing your ART. Missed you. Wish you could post a project everyday-lol.
Gail in Oklahoma

Art By Wanda said...

Have fun!! Stay safe!!! Fabulous shadow box!!!

Lori said...

Love this project Wendy. Great idea to stack the parts to make a shadow box. That's a nice size to work with. Those bottles are so cute!

Cher said...

fantastic as usual! hopin to catch u at mega meet, but...some serious stuff going on here...so can't commit...but you will sell out lol

jill said...

Just scored some clearly for art, so can't wait to try it.......hope I remember how. I might have to look back for your tutorial, but I will make art!! Have a very HAPPY EASTER! Love the project!

Minxy said...

Absolutely stunning, so love the ickle labeled bottles

slbt17 said...

love it Wendy ... stay warm!
Sandra ltb

StampDancer said...

This is great! And I'm excited to hear you have some more new designs coming. Since you so graciously mailed my order of book on your way to air port for Akron -- I've been getting inspiration from this -- and I received some of my 1st order of stamps & Art Parts yesterday and have been experimenting.

Andiepants said...

Saw this in person Friday and the pictures really don't even do this justice! This project was so inspired! FANTASTIC job.