here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, April 8, 2011

leaving on a jet plane...

it's SOUTHWEST...
so I HOPE the cracks were all detected & the
affected planes have been removed from service...
YIKES!!!

no Wiley Coyote parachute stunts for me thanks...

I see that they are sucking up & have us
on a WI FI flight...cool!

moving on before I PANIC...

I've just added a new store to the class schedule for May...
I'll be teaching the Ranger Inks, studio 490 style workshop...
my MOST favorite ever class...
I seriously LOVE it....

it's in Moline, Illinois so it should be convenient for Illinois & Iowa artists too...

it's a 6 hour inky marathon using TONS of Ranger products...

and it even includes PIZZA for lunch...

hey...we NEED energy to...
make art!

the workshop info is HERE...

this makes me so HAPPY...

no airport needed...
it's only about 90 miles from here, so I can drive...
hope to see some blog friends there...

now...how about a little art share?

this was fun...

I used the insert from the large square art parts frame as the base & then used the smaller square frame set over it...

everything is inked with weathered wood distress STAIN...
and the edges were distressed with rusty hinge distress ink...

I flippin LOVE the art parts hand & the pocket watch ...
I LOVE them more than anything...
but wait...

residences are REALLY my favorite...

or maybe the ferns & leaves??

NO WAIT...for sure it's the guy...

oh geez... I seriously LOVE

but then...I use scallops on LOTS of my projects...
did you see it above?

decisions...decisions...

OK...
it's MY blog...
so I can have as many favorites as I want!

you'll see some of my tim favorites used too...

for as solid/sturdy as art parts are...
the tiny attacher works perfectly to hold the film strip in place...

I better quit the chit chat & show the art...



I used just the top portion of the paper fasteners stamp...
it's stamped on grungeboard for added texture...

a little vintage lace from a flea market find...

the alphabet stamp fit right in there on the left side...
the small square is inked with forest moss distress STAIN...

I used this background stamp with coffee archival ink on the small square frame...

I used coffee too on the background stamp on the large base...



I LOVE the mini photos in the pocket watch...

notice the C...for children?

look @ the top of the pocket watch...it's a perfect C...
it was stuck & I rescued it...


the texture on the pocket watch is created with the gold paint dabber...
just pounce it on & it will dry with texture...

you can add aging with the archival inks by rubbing them on the dried paint...

it tones the gold down & looks cool...
works with the silver too...

the textured effect only works with the metallic dabbers...
and it's perfect on the pocket watch...
or anything that you want to look like metal...




oh...almost forgot...
the foliage leaf was inked with meadow & lettuce alcohol ink...
totally changes the look...

one more shopping tip before I go...
if you don't have tim's ring binder &

just saying there is a tutorial coming soon...
just incase you want to be prepared...

and it is NOT a book! LOL...

I hope your weekend is full of FUN & INK...
I know mine will be!

I hope your hubbies don't hate me for enabling...
sorry boys...

remember...
take time...

make art!
wendy
ps...leaving in less than an hour...
now I REALLY have to pack...
YIKES

25 comments:

Diana said...

i wish i lived closer!!! or you travelled to Canada!!!

i am still waiting for my first ever Wendy Vecchi book!! YAHOO!! can't wait

Helen said...

I need no excuses to shop - am going to, tomorrow.... then hope to Make ART on Sunday! Have a good, safe trip & come back soon to show us what we can make with what you make us buy, lol.

Helen said...

Oh, I forgot to say - this is drop dead gorgeous!!

Dorothy said...

Excellent art!!!
have a fun trip. be safe!

lois Skiathitis said...

Love the project. have a safe and wonderful trip. What ever I'm working on at the moment is my favorite. LOL!!! Thanks for my daily smile. TFS!!! :-D

Cim Allen said...

Have a safe trip Wendy, love the project ! I have a long list of enablers and you are right up there with Tim on that list !! Have an ink-tastic weekend.

sue said...

Have a save trip. Love the pocket watch. I need to retire so I can create art all day.

TheLastOfNine said...

Good luck on your flight! Love all your inky creations, keep them coming!
Gloria

slbt17 said...

Love this, thanks for your insight!
Sandra ltb

SusanK said...

Safe travels and I hope to see you in Moline! Yup, love this art piece!

Marijane said...

Yeaaaaaah! I just signed up for your class in Moline and I am so excited that it's a "Technique" class! Your project today is darling and the pocket watch looks perfect with the gold paint/distressed look. I finally found distress stains in my local scrapbooking store and can't wait to start using them. Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see you in Moline! (P.S. Illinois bloggers, the class is filling fast!)

Tona said...

Yet another great project!
Safe travels!

Vic said...

Love the gold paint texture! Have a safe trip.

Hels Sheridan said...

ooohlalalaaaaa.. this is loverly indeedily... that ickle C... genius :O)) Now, did someone mention pizza... cos I will swim oceans and traverse continents to have pizza... either that or I could just try and extend my visit... mmm, not sure that Mr Visa would be too happy though.. have a grrrreat weekend x

rhonda said...

Be safe on your trip and another beautiful project that I love!

Jenny and Jimbob said...

Haha, literally laughed out loud at the red "yikes"! Good luck packing! :)

Art By Wanda said...

Have fun - Stay Safe!!!! Love the project!!! I think all the Cs should be stuck so we can save it and use it!!!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful project, and I do so understand your red "yikes." Air travel can be stressful enough without having to think about cracks in the fusilage!
Anyway, safe trip and have a great class.
Wish I lived closer.....

Debby said...

Be safe! Thanks for sharing your art!

Lori said...

Love all the art part layers on this piece, Wendy! Very cool!

Shannon said...

Wendy,

Please, please, please come do a class in Arizona? Just think you could see Tim H. while you're here. Things have been a bit tight so I haven't purchased any of your Art Parts yet. But please believe me when I say it has nothing to do with not wanting them ALL. I have a million ideas of what I will do when I get them. Thanks you so much for all the sharing and never ending inspiring. You rock Wendy!!!

ReNae Allen said...

Wendy,
I absolutely LOVED your Ranger class today! I learned so much and you are such a fabulous tutor! Your easy style and calming personality made all of us feel like we too could "make art".
I can't wait for tomorrow's class, I just know it will be fantastic! Thanks thanks thanks!
ReNae (with a capital N) in Kansas City

jan metcalf said...

Just love everything you do, I mean all your ART!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Wendy so sad that I missed you in KC, but I am still holding out hope that I will see you in the future!! I'd LOVE nothing more than to take a class form you!! THANKS for the share and I can't wait for the tutorial as you always have awesome ones!!
HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!! =)

Micki said...

Hey Wendy,

THANK YOU again for a wonderful day. I learned and had fun and it was so great to see you again! Many hugs!