here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, April 14, 2011

thanks, thanks, art parts & Akron...

first...

a MILLION THANKS for the warm reception last weekend @ the Scrapbook Page in Shawnee, Kansas...

we had an awesome weekend, with lots of inking, lots of stamping & LOTS of laughs...

oh...and LOTS of SHOPPING!

if you are in the area, or want to do a fun "road trip" you will find everything you NEED there to make art!

and...

THANK YOU ALL for the wonderful comments
about my 2peas guest artist project both here
& over @ 2peas...

I have to say that project was one of my most favorites...
ever...

I can't wait to make another...
it has so many fun possibilities...

I was thinking that it would make a great gift...

keep in mind that it's never too early
to start on holiday gift giving ideas...

moving on to art parts...

here's another art parts project that I finished up yesterday...
I wanted a new sample for my demo table...

so, starting with the spools...
and the residences...

here's my latest...


the actual starting point was

the minute I got them, I knew immediately they would be perfect for a flower center...

they look very pricy...
but they are quite reasonably priced...

here's a closer look...

the flowers are stamped on clearly for art, which was covered with a vintage dictionary page, using Ranger's new Glue N Seal...(I LOVE the matte)...

did you spot tim's new mini leaf peeking out?
it's cut from grungeboard & stamped with the medicine label...

a great way to use up those grunge scraps...

I like the combo of art parts & grunge...


here's the other style button...

my next plan is to buy a cardigan with generic buttons...
chop them off & replace them with these beauties...

the photo doesn't do it justice...
I think these guys would be fun to add to jewelry too...


I used the largest art parts residence & several scroll/leaf pieces...

I adore that mini art parts truck...

I *think* you'll be seeing more art parts with coordinating stamps in the future...

tim's new distress stains are WONDERFUL on art parts...
it's couldn't be easier or quicker...

use them for the base coat of color, then add distressing with the blending tool & distress pads...



and speaking of ALL...

all 36 who took my Ranger class last weekend AGREED!
WE NEED THE OTHER distress COLORS in the stains...
hello??? Ranger???

a tiny detail, that I think adds lots to the finished piece...
I use it on most projects...



here's the base...
I wanted to keep it pretty simple,
since there is so much going on @ the top...
so I layered all 3 sizes of the spool bases &
edged them with the gold dabber...

then added my mini butterfly over the pointing finger...
the butterfly is stamped on clearly for art BLACKOUT...
and the mini art parts hand is stamped
with a portion of this stamp...



here's the whole piece again...

yikes...
ignore the background...
the laundry room was the only place I could get a semi decent photo...



now about those lucky winners...

from my blog the winner is...

Blogger savyjade said...

Love, love this project! Heading over to 2 peas for the tut. TFS! You are so incredibly talented!

April 12, 2011 10:26 PM

and the winning comment from 2 peas is...

MKemper said...

Wendy, thanks so much for the tip on not using black

for background stamping...

I saw it in a recent project I did but only now realize

that the lack of black in the background was so

important.

4/12/2011 9:41:03 PM


CONGRATS to the winners...
please send me your shipping info & we'll get the gifts out to you next week...(wbv1213@me.com)

ok, that's it for today...
time to pack because I leave later today for

if you are planning to come, stop by & introduce yourself please...

I'll be demoing all day Saturday & Sunday too &
it's fun to meet blog friends...

I hope you get a chance to play this weekend and for sure...

make art
wendy

ps...I checked the links & art parts are back IN STOCK!
thank you Ted, Arnold & Ron...
yippee!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the lucky winners, and no big surprise, but another great project from Wendy!
I don't think there's anyone around who pays as much attention to detail as you do.
Love the word on the hand. Might have to "borrow" that for my pin. :)

jan metcalf said...

The 2 Peas guest project is on my WISH list Wendy!!!

Dorothy said...

congrats to the winners!!
Excellent art Wendy!!

slbt17 said...

each piece is more amazing than the last! Love this.
Sandra ltb

TheLastOfNine said...

You can't go wrong blinging things up, they are so sparkly.
Gloria

Helen said...

Congrats to your winners, and I love today's ART. Amazing. That bling is just so - blinging, lol!

Mary said...

Love all of the beautiful colors on this piece! I gotta get some of those stains! =)

SusanK said...

Fantabulous!

Debby said...

This new piece is super! Have fun in Ohio this weekend. Wish I could be there. Congrats to the winners.

Hels Sheridan said...

congrats to the winners and have a fab time in Ohio... LOVE the latest addition to your amazing arty collection... the CFA Blackout... totally my top top fave ever! Safe travels x

Cim Allen said...

Congrats winners !! I love the hand on the project ... how cool is that. I'm so in love with the truck stamp and art part .. just in time for fathers day :) Have a great day Wendy.

Tona said...

Love your project. Each section is just so well thought out.
Congrats to the winners.

Nancy said...

Ooohhhhh ... I like this a LOT!!

Congrats to the winners!

I'm not sure if we'll get to Akron this weekend or not - depends on the dreaded tax season job. Hope you have a great time & a wonderful turnout!

ReNae Allen said...

We have a new name for our art parties, they are now called WEND-Yvents (Events). This is where we all get together and "Make Art" the Wendy Vecchi way!
I plan on trying a project similar to this one using my new Studio 490 stamps and art parts, clearly art, and distress inks and stains. I am ordering the Maya Road Button Jewels too! With the techniques you taught us last weekend, we should all be successful artists in no time!
Our first ever Yvent is this weekend at my home! I can't wait! Thanks Wendy for the inspiration!

Diana said...

congrats to the lucky winners!!! i can't wait make more art!! thank you Wendy for yet another piece of art!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, gorgeous piece. Congrats to the winners.

Gillian .... said...

Oh wowzers, this is an Art Part and a half, this is one inspirational project, I have CFA yet to be played, too busy tring to get through all my other Studio 490 goodies:)

Vic said...

Another perfect piece! Congrats to the winners.

Lori said...

Congratulations to the winners! Fantastic piece, Wendy! Love all the "art parts"!

sue said...

very cute the hand with hand stamped on it was my favorite part.

Marjie Kemper said...

Amazing new project, Wendy, and I am so thrilled to be one of the winners! You really inspire me to MAKE ART, and I thank you for that very much. The prize is over and above!

Tara C said...

I love how you stacked the three bases to create the layered look. It amazes me how long I look and examine your projects for inspirations--thanks again!!!

Mary's Museum said...

wow thats really amazingly gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love the gold paint dabber on the edges! Congrats to both winners!

lois Skiathitis said...

Gorgeous project, love the flowers and leaves. I'm loving the art parts it always makes putting a project together so easy. Thanks for my smile and TFS!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Awesome project,as always!!! Congrats to the lucky winners!!!


Karen S. Ohio

scrappin-scrappin said...

Love, love, love it!! Amazing piece Wendy!! Have a good show in Akron!! Congrats to the winners!

fozzieb713 said...

Hi Wendy, it was nice to see you today at the stamp show. Love your stuff. I sure hope this comment works. Had my grandson check it out. Cindy

Candy C said...

Hey Wendy! I wasn't sure how to get ahold of you...so thought I'd commment on your blog. Your latest project is awesome, by the way! LOVE IT! I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! YOU TOTALLY MADE MY DAY! I love your Art Parts!

BArb T said...

You are such an amazing artist! I am truly in awe of your talent, but I am also inspired to give a project like this a try.