here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, January 9, 2009

a fun tutorial for you...

It's my turn today to show a technique on the Maya Road design team blog.

I bet you could guess...I chose to make a flower.
The official title is...

ALTERED TRINKETS BLOSSOM.

I made 42 of these guys for a charm swap for my friends @ Holiday Hideaway.



The complete instructions are all on the blog, along with some cool posts from other DT members.

Take a look...there's lots of ideas & inspiration posted.

Want to make the flower a charm?



Use a tiny bit and drill a hole, then add a jump ring...

I've said it before...but I'll say it again...

always look beyond what it IS...and think of the possibilities & what it COULD be.

That's how this idea developed.

Head over to the Maya Road blog.

You'll enjoy it.

*** NEWS FLASH***

We can start showing some of our Maya Road CHA projects...

I'll be back tomorrow with the first one...

Until then, I'm off to

make MORE art...
wendy

5 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

Your flowers are absolutely
B E A U T I F U L!!!! How did I miss that Maya Road had plain metal flowers?!? My Bad!
Can't wait to see your new stuff!! Finally got high speed internet at home. Wow, this is the real world ;)

Margie Higuchi said...

Good morning!!

What a perfect day to make art...another snowy day here...OY!

Love these charms and yes, you do have to think out of the box...this one is a FAB example!

Can't wait to see all the sneaks...off to MR's DT blog!

Have a good Friday :o)

2amscrapper said...

Pretty cool, flower child!

D's Paper Studio said...

the flower is wonderful

I can't wait for the sneak on the Maya Road projects.

Linda M. Cain said...

If there's a flower out there, Wendy WILL find it and it Will get ink on it!
Great job!
Linda