here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 22, 2009

cats...flowers and grunge..oh my

Ranger is definitely...MY cat. Not only does he love mac & cheese..( he begs @ the refrigerator)...he's addicted to grungeboard too.

Here he is with his favorite toy...a strip of grungeboard.



He tosses it around & plays with it for an hour..non stop. He carries it all over the house...protecting it...funny guy.



I spoke with Mrs. Stampers Anonymous yesterday...
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
studio 490 stamps are already made & will ship after CHA!!! yippee!

OK...my favorite new studio 490 stamp???
Hmmmmmmmmm... that's hard...

Obviously I see potential in all of them...
but for today...

It's the 2 flowers from the "funky flower art" set.

Here's a sample...done with grungeboard & grungePAPER...




Same stamps...done with another technique...using only grungepaper...
versatile...see??

This cutie will be on my demo table in Ranger's booth.
The sparkles on the pink-ish flower...
Perfect Pearls...
It's all the rage...

Going green...I'm doing my part...
This leftover reinker bottle looked like a vase to me.......
I'm serious...
I see flowers or flower parts in everything........
***
The flowers are about the size of a quarter... they are very delicate...but strong...and are stamped on grungepaper. It's TOTALLY awesome stuff.....and PERFECT for studio 490 flowers & leaves...
***
Oh...that butterfly from yesterday's post...you got it...
GRUNGEPAPER.
***
Here's another favorite. This is from the "all about art" set...
This is stamped 3 times and layered using portions of the stamp. It's accented with distress stickles and a Maya Road button. Sorry...not the best photo...it's still dark...
***
OK...since I have not packed a thing...I better get that started
Today...
there's NO TIME to...
***
make art!
wendy
ps... keep those comments coming.
GIVEAWAY details tomorrow before I head west to CHA. THANK YOU MICHELLE!!

18 comments:

Scrapthat said...

It's fabulous to see the grungepaper in use Wendy...now I really CAN'T wait to get my hands on it!! Thanks for "bringing it to life!"

Sharon Margiotta said...

I'm curious .. just where did Ranger's name come from ... Ranger Rick, or Ranger Ink?? the size of a quarter you say ... those flowers look to be much bigger than that ... can't wait to see them!

Linda M. Cain said...

I love the scrolls and the tree and the dots....great stuff. And I LOVE the idea of the grungepaper...toooooo coooool!
Linda

Unknown said...

Flowers are definitely my favorite! I'm anxious to try the grungepaper:)

borcherding said...

Can't wait to see all the new stuff!! The waiting is torture!!!

KAT said...

Those flowers are fabulous and SO you! Love them! The Grungepaper - can't wait to get my hands on some of that! The possibilities are endless!!! Can't wait to see what you come back with from the CHA!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Those flowers are to die for...you make them look so amazing. adding them to my list I am!!
Have such an amazing time at CHA...wish I was going...hope to see you in FL!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Popping around blog land....landed on Tim........grungepaper!!!!! OMG...OMG...OMG!!! Please keep me posted...have you worked with it yet...sound absolutely amazing....OMG!!!

Cecile Nichols said...

I can't wait to see the Grungepaper! The little flowers are so cute, but not too cute! I think I'm going to like it!!

Hey, Ranger-kitty is pretty cute too!!

Thanks for sharing!

Cecile

D's Paper Studio said...

You've done a fab job of inspiring me with your stamps. Outstanding and the details are always amazing. You've done a great job in the design and versitility. I can't wait to get mine.

My LSS owner will be by the Ranger Booth to get their order in and she's already told me she wants me to do a class with the grungepaper. Cool.

Judy Hayes said...

Looking forward to seeing the Grungepaper and all your new stamps at CHA!
See you there,
Judy

2amscrapper said...

Grungepaper? What will they think of next! Very cool. Wendy, your new stamps look fantastic!

Sue Kosec said...

LOVE the new grungeboard. Is Tim a genius or what? Thank you for the generous giveaway. Enjoy CHA-W and safe travels!

Escape said...

I see a sell out on the grungepaper after your post with such adorable flowers!! Great job!

Sue McGettigan said...

Hi Wendy, I'll be looking for your new stuff and all that display art at CHA this weekend! So, why don't you cook more??? LOL

3...FAVORITE studio 490 sets... did they change after you saw some samples??
I love three of your new sets - Mail Art, Art Parts, and Forever Art - then I see the grungepaper flowers and fall in love with the floral/butterfly sets, so yes, the samples make a big difference too! (but those three are still my faves)

should we give all 7 sets to one winner???
I like your idea to give 4 to the GRAND PRIZE winner and 3 to the FIRST PLACE winner - or maybe all 7 to the grand prize AND 4 to the first place (greed :)
Bottom line, more winners means more happy people!

Erin Glee said...

LOVE your new stamp sets!
I think my top three are "Mail Art", "All About Art", and "Funky Flower Art" (really love your samples with this set!).
I think it would be nice to spead the wealth a bit and have a Super-Ultra Grand prize winner of 4 sets and a Pretty-Darn-Near-Super-Ultra Grand prize winner. I would be only too happy to win either!
Have a great time at CHA!

Elaine said...

Stunning! My favorite (and I mean really favorite) is the last layered flower - that is way too cool I want the stamp set just to make that one flower

Shelley Haganman said...

Wendy, I just saw a photo with all the beautiful flowers you created!! Incredible!! I am sure you had a great time at CHA but happy to be home! You need a rest after all the creating!! Great work!