here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 12, 2009

ready for some cha project photos??

Ok...here they are...

But first, a WARNING!!

NO VINTAGE PHOTO was used on this landscape binder...or any of the pages!

I KNOW...
It's SHOCKING...

I look @ this & wonder who made it...


First, the cover with another version of the altered trinkets blossom...

A better look @ the flower...It's fun to stamp on the buttons...



This was fun...I embossed only the center of the page and left the sides plain...I like the look...


More houses...



Another page...




It's hard to tell, but I stitched the bottom of the felt blossom & pulled the stitch tight to gather the flower. Now it's smaller & altered...




More embossing...





The tiny butterfly is a Maya Road stamp...stamped on grungeboard & cut out. I love the dimension it adds...good thing I have bifocals!



This was a really fun page...I like the long skinny legs on the bird. If you look closely, the flower stem is made with 2 photo turns, left over from the mini 3 tab book...


Another style of altered trinkets blossom. The wings are grungeboard, painted with metallic crackle paint. The finishing touch was pitch black pigment ink. I rubbed it into the cracks to highlight them & to tone down the metallic look.



I don't sew...only on paper...but I wanted to do a quilt like page.



Getting to the end........


And Rick said.........


The metal corners are Maya Road thick photo edges...
So there you have it. A ton of photos. This baby took me about a week to complete. I'm very slowwwwwwwwwww...
***
And no...........there are no new studio 490 stamps on this! ha!
All the emails from my last post made me laugh. NOPE no new studio 490 stamps there either...
But.........I PROMISE YOU...
SOON!!
VERY SOON!!
***
There's still plenty on the CHA TO-DO list, so I better get in there and...
Make Art...
Thanks for stopping by!
wendy










11 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

SLOW is good! LOL! This beautiful project would take me WEEKS to complete if even! HA!

Great work and the details - wow! EYE CANDY!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Miss Wendy!

Have a great Monday...off to get food before another storm hits! I am so GREEN you are going somewhere WARMER!!!

Paula said...

Wendy - as usual, your work is gorgeous! I was wondering the actual size of this album, and the paper you use. Or are you using stamps? I enjoy reading your blog everyday and I appreciate that you share your talent. I wish I had a smidgen of your creativity!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! GREAT STUFF! LOVE the birdie legs an everything...just super!
Linda

Sarah said...

I love your style...it's so 'Wendi'!! Fantastic work!!!

borcherding said...

That is one lovely book!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Rick has become a creative widow?!? hehehehe What a great guy you have!!!
Now to you....there are no words...you continue to get better and better!!! Keep up the great work...you are an inspiration!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! All of your work is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Susie Lang said...

Love the book, Wendy! And I'm crazy for the houndstooth, too. Who makes the stamp?

D's Paper Studio said...

I kept looking close to see if I could see some sneaky things stamping their way in. Outstanding project Wendy.

Jenna Franklin said...

That's beautiful, Wendy!!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

That is simply lovely....all of it! Who cares that it took a week to make, it was worth it...IMHO!

Thanks for inspiring us too!

Cindy