here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, January 10, 2009

first Maya Road cha-w 09 project

When I opened my box of Maya Road goodies...this was the first one I pulled out.

This assignment was chosen just for me...
the Flower Chain book.
A flower...
It made me laugh.

Here's the cover...




The first thing I did was to use charcoal Maya Mist on each page.
It made the perfect background for the art...

I'll share a few more pages...




If you read the "altered trinkets blossoms" tutorial yesterday ...here's another option, if you need a silver flower. I used Ranger's silver (alcohol ink) metal mixative & pounced it on to change the color from brass to silver, then followed the same procedure for altering the flower.

This page was fun... The huge pebble is made by Prima. As soon as I saw the package, I knew it would be a flower center..yes...I know...nuts! I see flowers in everything!


I love the jewel pins...they were the perfect little embellishment for the scroll. Also, in the previous photo, the same pin made a great flower center. The paper is from Graphic 45. It's yummy stuff!


Since I always load my pages with embellishments, I wanted to make a simple, but effective page. Here's my attempt...

I LOVE the texture the Cuttlebug embossing folder adds...

This was fun...I stamped on the buttons...



and ran the "U" thru the Cuttlebug...
Another page...




And a closeup...



This is the back cover...
I used a butterfly stamp from Maya Road...stamped it on grungeboard, then covered it and the Maya Road heart with distress stickles...The tall skinny flower is grungeboard & it's in the nature set.



So, I hope you've enjoyed these photos and that I've inspired you to...
Make ART!
wendy
ps...COME BACK...more on Monday...or maybe tomorrow if I have a chance to take more photos...





7 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

This is freakin' awesome. I love it and you have truly inspried me to Make Art.

Linda Broom said...

Wendy: I love it! Very you....just beautiful!

Linda

Lynne Forsythe said...

From the moment I opened your blog my mouth was wide open...........BEAUTIFUL......BEAUTIFUL....BEAUTIFUL. So my next did you use any of your new stamps on this project???

Lynne Forsythe said...

Really need to pay attention to my typing and not the game. It should read...my next question is...
Yes, I have blonde hair!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Wonderful! The Cuttlebug is addictive!
Linda Cain

missy j said...

Lovely, no surprise!
Missy

Escape said...

Totally amazing (as always!)!! Great job of "simplifying". Any new Studio 490 stamps?? :-)