here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a blog award...from Stephanie...


Normally, I'm lax in responding to blog awards...
I sincerely appreciate them...
but...it seems like I just run out of time...then forget all about it.

HOWEVER...
since Stephanie & Andrea were our "cruise neighbors" on the 8th deck...
they're almost like family and you know...
you can't let family down...

So, thanks to Stephanie for the kind words & the blog award.

I have to tell you five facts about myself that you probably don't know, so get ready ...

1. I LOVE noodles...I'd eat them for 3 meals a day.
Meat? I'll eat it but it's nothing I crave...
You can have it unless it's Mario's ribs...then I'm IN!
Let me just say...
they are so yummy & I'm hoping he makes them for Holiday Hideaway...
He made them while I was there in July...
it's a 2 day...PROCESS...lots of work, but oh so...yummy!
Hey Mario...How's that for a HUGE hint?

2. Rick & I have been together since we were 16. Our highschool basketball team went to the state championship...my friend & I were in line to get tickets...a LONG line...Rick & his friend didn't want to stand in line...they gave us $$ & we got their tickets.
Now we have ABC &D tickets...all together.
I originally dated his friend, but that was a no go...
his dad was an undertaker, which freaked me out...
I didn't want him to lay a hand on me...let alone kiss me...
NO WAY!
Then I went to meet his parents...
their entire basement was full of caskets...
That was THE END...TOO CREEPY!
Sorry if I've offended any funeral people...

so then Rick & I hooked up & have been together for a LONGGGGGGG time....like 42 years? 37 married...5 dating...

3. For "good luck" I ALWAYS touch the outside of an airplane before boarding...
Don't laugh...
Hey...it's worked so far! I'm HERE!

4. I have absolutely NO sense of direction...NONE! I just don't.
Rick says...just pay attention...I do & it doesn't work.
Places change when I'm not looking, I'm sure of that!
Thank God for the GPS...

5. I GET math...I always did love it.
I can figure percentages easily...
which is VERY good for shopping & saving Rick $$$.

Loving numbers also explains why I LOVE to play blackjack.
I even won a blackjack tournament in Aruba...
I beat all the LOCALS, who play every week...

So there you have it...me.

One more thing before I go...
only one of yesterday's winners has contacted me...
that was Earlene...

So...if I don't hear from T-dizzle by tomorrow...
I'll be sending those jenni bowlin papers to a different home.

Thanks for stopping by.

Now get busy &
make art!
wendy

22 comments:

mamakat said...

congrats on the award! it was nice "getting to know you" a bit. my teenage daughter does all of these surveys on her myspace and there is usually something "telling" in there, but on hers you have to slog through a whole bunch of teenagerness to get to the kernals. your simple five have a certain elegance that comes with maturity.

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing something about you with us. That is so cool that you and Rick have been together for that long. Too many times today that does not happen. Have to run to get ready to go out shopping with mom and then later make some art!

Paula said...

You mentioned Tim's Holiday Hideaway and he has mentioned it on his blog. Is this event open? I imagine that it is by invitation only, but I thought I would ask because it sounds so wonderful! I would love to be able to attend such a creative gathering.

KAT said...

Love the fun facts - I'm with you on the noodles - and, well, meat is just for protein and I could live without it (except for an occasional trip to Red Robin for their 5 Alarm Burger)...

I agree on the funeral story - I would think that was creepy too - I think it takes a special kind of person to do that...

Unknown said...

I am with you on the direction thing hun ... I need my Sat Nav ... like ... all the time :0)

Donna said...

Thanks for the sharing Wendy.

Elaine A said...

Hey Wendy -

I don't think its strange touching a plane for good luck. I mark the sign of the cross on myself whenever I get in the car to drive. A habit I picked up from my grandmother, who is by the way, 102 years old! So if it is good enough for her, its good enough for me!

Elaine Allen

LieselPaula said...

At last someone else who will admit to having no sense of direction. Makes for some interesting adventures though you don't always get where you're going on time. Thanks for sharing.

Dianal said...

Wow, that's a long time of togetherness .... and you are right, thank goodness for the GPS ... if they could only invent something for the home so you could track down a missing stamp or embellishment when you go looking for it, I'd be really impressed with something like that ...

Nancy said...

Ahhhh...noodles! YUM! Hmm ... been wondering what to have for dinner ... lol
Ribs? by Mario? Oh, I bet they are to die for! Oh ... a pun with that other boyfriend ... sorry! lol

Courtney said...

All I have to say is those numbers do not add up to your looks! 42+16 makes you...well...I'm just saying, you don't look that old.

Erin Glee said...

Congrats on the Award... you always put a smile on my face, so you deserve it!
I remember you said Mac 'n Cheese was a favorite, but it really is any noodle that makes you say "MMMmmm good"?
Now that you've got me wantin' Mario's Ribs for lunch, could you get the recipe/process from him and share it with us? Pretty please? Thanks!

Kathy said...

I have not exhausted all the combinations of your current sets and there is more to come. Wahoo!
Thx Kathy

Lori said...

Congrats on the award, I thought it was very deserving, as you are just a riot. The five facts were fun, blackjack, really?....

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing. It's those bits and pieces of our lives, like the bits and pieces of art, that make us whole.
kathy m.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Wendy - when I travel with my family - they ask me which direction we should go, then they go the opposite way- because I am ALWAYS wrong! So, last year I asked for the GPS. It has saved me time and again. Hope you will be posting more of your felt projects - they are soo cute. Have a great day!!

Tona said...

Thanks for sharing some fun facts about yourself. I love noodles too!

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed with the blackjack info. Did you play on the cruise?
My sense of direction is worse than bad. I have to look down at my hands before I tell someone "left" or "right." I can still make a mistake. Often I just give up and say "to me." Or there's always the old standby after a major goof, "no, the other right."
Oh well. At least I can make art. :)
Eileen in NYC (which is to your right. Right?)

Art By Wanda said...

You do make me smile every time I read your blog so this is a very good award for you!!!! LOVED reading the 5 facts!!!!

dblanken said...

congratulations on the award. It is nice learning bits and pieces of your life. Keep up the good work.

Judy Hayes said...

Loved reading all the little bits of info about you, Wendy!
Congrats on the blog award!
Wish I could be in Madison....I know the classes would be so fun!
Keep inspiring me!
Smiles...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

BLACKJACK ROCKS!!!
Oh the last time I played was the trip of a lifetime!! Thank you!!
Luv ya Wendy!

-Heidi