here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Linda did it again and other stuff...

We'll start with a UK friend...Linda Elbourne...
the guest artist for today...

She sent me a photo of her project & I have to say...
WOW!
Linda was TOTALLY thinking outside the box for sure...

I asked her to give us a few tips & hints...
here's what she has to say...

When I look at Wendy's stamps I see something different every time ... they are so well designed ... they fit any style and virtually any project ... full of endless possibilities!

When I saw the scalloped edge stamp ... my first thought was edging and binding and books and corsets ... that inspired the corset ties around my bean tins ...

Lin Brown from LB Crafts[UK] gave me a little wooden bird house to alter ... and I love TSS metal and I wanted depth and I wanted the house to look homely ...
well that is when the idea jumped out at me ...
roof tiles ... rounded ones ...
and my Studio 490 stamps are always always always to hand! So out came the grunge paper to make the TSS metal flexible enough to curl ...

I stamped the scalloped stamp 26 times on the grunge ... stuck the grunge to the metal with humungo tape ... cut them out and then all that was left was to put a wheely pattern around the edge of each piece ...

Wendy's stamps did all the real work ...
that lady sure knows how to put the FUN in MAKE ART!

And I think you'll agree...
LINDA makes GREAT art!
take a look...
all of these...


Make this...
How cool...
Not exactly what I had in mind when I designed that stamp...


But...that's what's so fun about stamping...
each person sees something different...
and as you see...
stamps aren't just for paper!




THANKS for sharing LINDA...it's awesome...
POP over to her blog...
she's got lots of fun projects there & she is funny too!
*
Here's something you may not have seen before...
the 2 scroll stamps from this set...
joined together perfectly to make a heart!
*
they are also a flower stem & more...
My tip is not as over the top like Linda's...
but it's another way to use your stamps.


Here are answers to a few questions...
please help me. I have looked high & low for the maya road canvas album you posted a while ago?
Maybe a month or 2? It's exactly what I want.
Here you go...as of yesterday, they were in stock here.
*
Next...
How long before you show us the stamps? My heart can't take the stress...
Plus...i'd like to let hubby know what I want for Christmas.
How many sets does he need to order this time? Same price?
Hmmm....
The stamps will be released @ CHA...late January.
I expect I'll show them a few days before that...
maybe a few peeks starting a few weeks before that...
*
gotta get the stamps...
and get the art...made first.
As for how many sets....
I think I'll save that info for a contest...like in late January!
As for the price...some are the same..
some are LESS!
Think about that tiny tidbit of info.
*
BUT...YIPPEE!!
MY PART IS DONE! The images are done...
the sets are all named...
*
I stuck with the word ART in each set...kind of a security blanket...
plus I LOVE the word art...
*
The wood mounted stamps are all chosen & named...
they each need a specific name for the catalog...
*
I'm DIEING to get them...soon I HOPE!
TED...are you listening? tell your guys to hurry!

*
It's one thing to see them on the monitor and another to have them in my hands & get them (& me) inky...
I'm so excited!
*
Next...
When are you coming to the east coast?? I'd love to be able to take more classes with you.
*
I'll join in with Patti ... come east, please? Well, at least east of IL? ;o)
*
Those minis are so cute!
Sounds like you had lots of fun at your class.
When are you coming to Maine?
*
Are you coming to Texas any time soon? We have heat here & plenty of it.
*
When are you coming to the UK? PLEASE think of your friends across the pond...
*
YIKES...The UK is REALLY FAR EAST! ha!
For sure I will be teaching in NY @ Buffalo Stamps & Stuff...
the date hasn't been decided just yet....but sometime in 2010.
As far as east coast teaching...
I'll also be in South Caroline again @ The Stamping Place...
I think that will be late August...
As far as Texas...maybe!
Maine? Haven't had any requests from any store owners there...
sorry...
Other teaching places & convention stuff are in the works...
My schedule is always posted on the right sidebar...
*
Another...
I want 2 books. One for me & one for a friend for her gift.
Do I have to pay you 2 shipping charges?
*
Good news...
NOPE...
2 books can ship in the same envelope for one shipping fee.
*
Last one...
do maya Road & ranger have new products coming too? can you share? we won't tell.
*
YES and NO!
Yes they both do...
*
can I share?
NO!!!!
They'd both KILL me ...
then who would do my blog?
*********
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Enjoy the day!
*
Eat lots, especially dessert...
it's all LOW CAL on holidays...
trust me...
take a nap...or watch football...
then...
make art!
wendy
ps...back on Friday.
By then hopefully I'll think of something to say.
remember...comments are good!

43 comments:

Unknown said...

It's bad enough to have to wait until Christmas! But my birthday is the end of January, so I'll just tell myself that I'm expecting a super new birthday surprise. I'm running out of room for my crafting...must need a bigger house or fewer kids living at home.

Denise G said...

It all sounds so exciting! I really hate having to wait though. Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Thank you for making my day ... again ... Happy Thanks Giving X

dblanken said...

Linda's house is really cute - what a great idea. It is really inspiring to see what others create. Love the idea with the heart too.
Can't wait for your stamps

scrappin-scrappin said...

Love your house Linda!!!!
Wendy, it is going to be so hard to wait until January!!! Can't wait for sneak peeks!!!

carpediem said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy!! Looking forward to the new sets....can't wait!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! That Linda makes some geat art, doesn't she! Kathy E

Joyce said...

I would never have thought of using that stamp to make roof tiles. Great idea! And I have a house I've been working on and wondered what I could use to be different on the roof. Now I know.
Thanks for sharing Linda.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Eat Turkey!!

Erin Glee said...

Love Linda's birdhouse roof. We will never see the end of what uses your Studio 490 can be for... infinity and BEYOND!
You wrote you will be "back on friday" and I read BLACK friday. I have it bad....

Helena said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Italy but I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to meet you and learn from you.

hugs
Helena

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Good grief...you crack me up! Can't wait for new stamps and what you are going to make out of them! I'll be watching the side bar for classes...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Robin Swederske said...

I love the roof on Linda's birdhouse. Actually, I love the whole thing. I'm saving up for your new stamp sets. I know they'll be great!

Pat W said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy. Can't wait to see your new creations.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh yes I'd already seen the little birdy house on Linda's blog - luv her stuff; very talented lady and as you say Wendy, funny too :) Gosh as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, I'll have to wait another month before I can have low calorie cakes/desserts. Please tell me Wendy are chocolates also low cal during the holiday season?
Anne (UK) xx

Kathy said...

Great project and love the heart. I guess I am a minority of one. Waiting until January for the new stuff is fine with me. It gives me something to look forward to in a month that is often dull and drab after the hectic pace of December. And I have time to save up some money after the December crunch!

Tona said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I sooo can't wait to see your new releases!!

Lori said...

Oh man, can't wait to see the new sets! I kept meaning to ask, how about a bird stamp??? Are they out of "style" already? I'm usually two years behind schedule, LOL. Is art really ever "out of style". Nah.That Linda sure is creative! And hilarious. Does awesome work. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Renee said...

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Jeanne said...

Was great to see you again Saturday. Had way too much fun & spent way too much too! Love Linda's bird house...thanks for sharing!

KAREN said...

Wendy have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see your new goodies!!! I am awaiting your 12 Tags of christmas ideas,even though Tim is doing them also. The more the merrier!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy. I hope you and Rick have a wonderful day.
Looking forward to your teasing us with more hints on Friday!

Maureen F. said...

Great project - Happy Thanksgiving from the south side of Chicago !!!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy!!I'm glad to hear it is all low cal. I love the scroll heart idea, it is so pretty. Will be saving my Christmas cash for some of your new stamps, I know they will be amazing!

Helen said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone! I follow Linda's blog and it's always amazing. Love the idea of some new sets of stamps being less in cost - so maybe some smaller sets this time.... hmm, thinks....

mamakat said...

Love the blog and really miss you when I am at work and for some reason my employer's blocking software blocks you (and Tim). Hmmm....Have a great Thanksgiving. One of the things that I am thankful for this year is the STRESS RELIEF that I get from "making art."

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

You are right, Linda is talented and one funny lady. The things she comes up with, amazing and she is a big Wendy fan. Ok, so we have to wait for the stamps, if we must, we must (sigh). Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Elaine Allen

KAT said...

Love the roof in that birdhouse! that's an original way to look at the scallop stamp for sure!

Wendy - happy Thanksgiving to you! Are you getting ready for Christmas yet?

Debby said...

Love the stamps. Love what Linda did with the metal. Barely have time to create as I have to cook. It takes so long. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dawn (dmh) said...

No local stamping/scrapbooking stores here. :(
I hope you have a
Thanksgiving.

Etta said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving...even if you are the biggest tease ever! You are SO bad!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Linda's house IS amazing and the roof... that is so cool how she did that... thanks for sharing and for all the fun you share when answering questions!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

Nancy B said...

I knew your stamps were versatile, but didn't see the heart with the scrolls. Thanks for the tip! Have a safe & Happy Thanksgiving

Dorothy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wendy!!

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Hooray - coming to Buffalo! Can't wait to meet you and get inky ;-) Happy Thanksgiving to all - I'm thankful for everyone's inspiring art.

Dianal said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Wendy ... can't wait to see your new stamps and very excited you are coming back to Buffalo Stamps in 2010!!!!
That's really exciting.

SusanK said...

Patience is a virtue...one that always seems so elusive for me! LOL Can't wait to see what's on tap for us in the coming weeks!

Andrea said...

excellent use of your stamps by Linda for the fabby birdhouse and your heart, loving your stamps x

jan metcalf said...

Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Unknown said...

Wendy,
I made one of your projects for my Mother-in-laws birthday. She will be 80 on Saturday. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did making it. Keep inspiring us. Happy Thanksgiving.
Sue

Becky T. said...

Wendy, you are so cute! I can just picture you... making art... and getting just as giddy as my 4 yr. old! Hope you had a fantastic Turkey Day! :-)

Whimsey said...

I just love reading your blog, you ALWAYS make me laugh!!! K, that heart with those two stamps - that is soooo cool! Even my "teen" thought so and she's got 'teen 'tude!!! :D

Happy, happy day!

Dawn said...

OMgoodness- you are coming to SC. I am googling the Stamping Place Now to see where that is, I will def. see you there!
Dawn in SC

Marla Pierce said...

Love Linda's house that she created. And glad to hear you MAY be coming to Texas. I hope that becomes definite soon!