here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a different kind of...art

Let's back up a bit to Halloween...

Our friend sent a Halloween greeting along with some adorable costume photos that he thought we would enjoy.

I'm still thinking about how creative these moms were, so I thought I'd share them with you...

Inspiration is everywhere... these may just inspire you!

How about a cute cactus kiddo?



This is just soooooooo sweet...




This totally amazes me...what a job...
I can't even imagine the amount of planning this sucker took...



Sweet enough to eat...



Another WOW! Good job!
I'm amazed...


I think it's the expression on his little face that gets me...
He's tied for my favorite...



with this!

If you read yesterday's post... about noodles...

you'll see why!



Yep...I think that is my favorite...that smile is priceless.

Now...which is yours?

Backing up again, to yesterday's post...
the part about winning the blackjack tournament in Aruba...
Someone on the cruise asked Rick why he calls me blondie...

After the tournament, we were shopping in Aruba (imagine that!) and we saw one of the locals who I played against.

Since he didn't know my name, he said..."nice job blondie".
It stuck, with Rick...
That's the end of that story...

Next...

I've gotten several emails asking about the convention in Madison next weekend.

Here's the whole scoop...
hours...classes...location etc...

My Ranger class is sold out...YIPPEE...
lots of inky fun...

but last I heard there are about 3 seats left for the second one, which is this...
We'll make the grungepaper flower with this stamp...
*
and overstamp with this one...
*
The saying is stamped on the square from Maya Road's foundations tin...
*
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that set...
It has so many uses...
You get the squares, circles, rectangles & ovals plus the matching frame all in a cute storage tin.
They are awesome...
another product that I buy by the DOZENS...

There is also 4 hour Make & Take Friday evening and SHOPPING & demos all day Saturday & Sunday...
Sounds like fun to me...
Hope to see some blog friends there...
***
Last thing...
We had to redraw... since T-dizzle didn't contact me...
We can't have those cute Jenni papers sitting here collecting dust...
so now I'll try to send them to...


Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

said...
OMG....Wendy that pic makes me laugh!!! Kind of looks like me in the AM!!! Gotta love those photo editing programs. Hhmmmm...free stuff??? What free stuff??? Would love to have a spy cam and see what kinds of "lovely" were in Tim's email. You lucky lady you??? Hisses, Rockin Robin Caldwell
November 6, 2009 5:39 PM
*
Robin...please send your mailing info & you'll get some mini jenni papers.
***
I'm off to make kits for Madison...
I hope you...
make art!
wendy

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless photos! Love the little UPS guy...probably because mine (much bigger and not as cute)always brings me cool stuff.
Looking at my studio...it's 8:30am; do you know where your art supplies are? LOL! All over the place, that's where!
Eileen

scrappin-scrappin said...

What great pics Wendy! And congratulations on the blog award!

Heather said...

Adorable photos! I'm taking your canvas class next week and I can't wait!!!

Dianal said...

So many creative parents out there .. but you're right the one with the noodles is the cutest

Anonymous said...

Awwww, poor T-dizzle! Congrats to the next winner! I have to admit the UPS guy is my favorite, but UPS guys just have a special place in my heart. He brings me such cool stuff! Congrats on the filled classes.

Anonymous said...

The noodles! That is definitely my favourite, mostly because even though I'm old enough to eat properly, I still end up looking like that when I eat spaghetti!

dblanken said...

The pictures are so cute. I wish I was close to the area so I could take the class - Have fun!

Nancy Lynn said...

I think the nun outfit is the nicest one but I would have to go for either the UPS little guy because the big UPS guy is always coming to my house or the noodles since I am also a big noodle eater.........always have been. They really are all very very nice and so much work put into them. Nancy

Lori said...

I think I like the cactus and the nun the best, although they are all really cute...and creative! So much better than those "store bought" costumes. That hanging is a beaut!

Allie Gower said...

Those were so cute and creative. Your upcoming event sounds like lots of fun.

Debby said...

Way cute pictures. The UPS man is adorable. Have fun at the convention this weekend. Wish I could be there. Always love to see what art there is. Off to get some things done so I can make some art. The computer is being so mean this morning. Slowwww.

KAT said...

Love the photos! I think the preying mantis is the most creative (how did the little girl get any candy when she can't get to the door to ring the bell). And the spaghetti with meat balls is the cutest!!! Thanks for sharing - wish I was going to the show!

Barbara Wilson said...

Loved the praying mantis! But the little UPS man was special--we have a real one in the family--though not quite as cute. I love the handmade costumes--such love and creativity goes into them and you can't help but smile at those sweet little faces!

Tona said...

Those costumes are just too adorable. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I could pick a favorite.
Congrats to Robin.

Andrea said...

cute pics and great Art x

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

Thanks so much for sharing these adorable photos! I think they are all sweet, but my favorites are the Nun and the UPS cherub. I adore the look on his face, you just want to eat him up!

Elaine Allen

Tammy F. said...

Those costumes are AMAZING!! I think my favorite is the Bowl of Noodles too, but that UPS delivey guy is a very close runner up! Thanks for sharing those, they made me smile.

Donna said...

Those costumes are so cute and creative WOW!! I think the expressions rule though. Have fun with the classes and maybe you could share one of the make and takes??? I'm sure I am not the only one who would love that out here in cyber land LOL!!

Dawn said...

I agree with you wendy the noodles baby is the cutest! The blueberry pie guy is darling as well!
Dawn in MB, SC

funkycrafter said...

amazing creativity in these costumes. nothing that exotic around here. it looks like fun. all of them are so cute and enjoying the moment.

KAREN said...

Wendy,
How awesome are all those costumes!!!!! I can't imagine how long they all took to make.
I am so jealous that all those folks get to make this neat project in your class. Will you be coming to Ohio anytime soon? Maybe I should get ahold of Ted and see if he can set something up? Thank you for all your great ideas!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Those are adorable costumes!!!! The UPS kid is soooo cute!! Sounds like it will be a great time in Madison... sure wish I could go :-( I haven't been to an actual stamp convention in a few years.

Scrapbookers in Greece said...

haha very funny pics!! Loved the UPS guy!!! Just popping in to say I love love love your projects and it has been a huge pleasure to meet you on the cruise!!! Everyone is drooling all over your projects here in Greece!!!
Elina
http://elina.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Those costumes are PRICELESS!!! Guess what?? MY DS was a UPS man 2 years ago and everybody LOVED it!!

Dorothy said...

If I am not working on Sunday I am going to Madison!!!!!
Love the pics!!
Dorothy