here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another guest artist & some random stuff...

First the random stuff...I'll save the art for last...




The Studios magazine generated LOTS of emails...including several to "OPEN ALL the drawers & show us what's inside". YIKES!! That would take me forever...but...someday...maybe I'll do a few...


And...

I told you about having a stand in actor for Ranger the cover cat. Anyway, apparently there are lots of cat lovers out there & I got several requests to show the reject cat.

So...meet Ringo.






He was my first choice, because he's so cute & fat. But after he bit me...he was replaced with Ranger.

I also had some requests to ask my brother about making covers for sewing machines...NOPE...he's too busy. SORRY. It's really just a generic wood box. Paint it & then alter it to match your decor.

The other frequent question was suggestions for storage of supplies. My best suggestion is to toss all the excess packaging that comes with products.

You'll be amazed @ all the extra space you'll have. Try it...
I bet you'll double your storage...

Now on to the art...

This is a class that I did for the gals @ Frenzy Stamper in Arizona.


Debbie Bick is the store owner...here's her TAKE on that class.



She used the same basic layout, but made it her own. That's what it's all about.
She replaced the phrenology head with the studio 490 tulip.(page 16)..she changed the word...and she used a different Maya Road frame as brackets. I used a frame from the foundations set...

The walls in the store are painted PURPLE...Debbie's favorite color. Thus...the cool purple tulip. I LOVE it!! Thanks Debbie, for sharing. I'll see you NEXT THURSDAY...
*
Now with CHA coming very soon...
*
I'm off to the studio to get some samples checked off the list & to...
MAKE ART!
wendy

8 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

Are you checking out Tims 12 tags...he is so amazing...the beauty of it all!!! I am so excited for you and all the doors that are opening for you!!! Congrats to you!

borcherding said...

Hey...love the ART!

How come you haven't mentioned Tim's 12 Christmas tags?? They are freakin' awesome! Better yet...why don't YOU do something like that???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Mary said...

I luv kitties. I have three myself. Snowball is all white deaf and a blue eye and yellow eye, and Freddy is all black with yellow eyes, and Pippy is a Maine Coon wild and crazy and she has to be everywhere I am. So seeing your kitty is great. I luv your art. Thanks for sharing your world and talent.

Sherri said...

Very cool art pieces! Which kitty inspires you most? (hee hee) Mine used to just sit in the middle of my work, yours seem much better behaved.

D's Paper Studio said...

Both of you did a wonderful job on your art.

Wendy, when are we going to start getting sneek peeks of your new stamps coming out at the end of January?

Sudie said...

Love your kitties!
I could not agree more about ditching the packaging. Makes for easier storage.
Debbie did a wonderful job with her artwork! Beautiful. Love the purple tulip!

Escape said...

Debbie did a great re-make on her ART!! Can't wait to see it in the store on Monday. You are WAY too lucky---HH with T!m!! At least you'll get to enjoy our weather--70's all week. :-)

Debbie Bick said...

Wendy thanks for sharing my frame,looks great at the store. love the original too.. i added a handle and knob & key to it.. it's on my wall at home.. love your kitty ..see you next week..excited..
Debbie