here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, December 1, 2008

I didn't get invited to the inaugural galas...

but...

I don't care!

This invitation looks like it will be much more fun...

and I can wear jeans!


Now that December is FINALLY here...I'm extra excited to be attending tim's event in Arizona. Believe me...I'm counting the days...

I'll leave December 10th to meet my friends from St. Louis @ the airport in Phoenix. 6 friends...
all from the cool store.. FOR KEEPSAKES. I LOVE that place!!

They attended last year & this year I'm thrilled to join them. They had me drooling with the details of the last HH.

So...on Wednesday the 10th...we'll shop in Phoenix... OH DARN... Then we head north (I think) to the hotel in Prescott.

On Thursday we'll shop (again...YIPPEE!) in Prescott until 5pm...then HOLIDAY HIDEAWAY starts. A HUGE YIPPEE!!!

We are each making 42 charms. Thursday evening we have a meet & greet & then we'll swap charms. That sounds like a fun way to begin the event. After that...it's all surprises. We know nothing about the rest of the weekend. HH continues thru Saturday evening. Let me just say that the suspense is KILLING me...I was thinking about it before bed & I was still awake @ 1am... classes with tim for 2 full days???
I get to be the student?? COOL!!

Like I said...

Much better than the inaugural balls.

I know about half of the folks who are attending...so it will be great fun to visit with them again & also to make some new arty friends. Mr & Mrs Stampers Anonymous will be there! It's their first time too. I'm sure Ted will be very entertaining... No doubt about that...If you've seen him @ shows...you know I'm right.

Mario is in charge of the good eats. I've heard nothing but RAVE reviews about his expertise. Just what I need...my jeans are already tight!

I was planning to show my charms here...but I think I'll keep them a surprise for the group. I'll show them when I get back...and even include a tutorial...

They're PLAN B...

Plan A didn't meet quality control standards & HAD to be trashed.

Really...NOT GOOD.

Then on Sunday...MORE shopping in Jerome. I understand this is an awesome place. Hello...Santa...I'm thinking of a new watch...maybe...

On Monday the 15th .......back home...

So to recap...

Day 1...Shop
Day 2...Shop & ART
Day 3...ART
Day 4...ART
Day 5...Shop...

See why I'm excited...it's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL take my camera...and I hope that someone there reminds me to actually USE it.

I'm afraid I'll forget...

I loose my mind when I...

MAKE ART!
wendy
ps...the snow has finally stopped. We got 7 inches...they predicted only 2. What happened??

And with the bad weather we had no internet..the satellite couldn't pick up the signal.
NO internet...ALL DAY...
NO EMAIL...ALL DAY...How did we ever survive?
Life in the country........grrrr....

9 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

You are certainly leading a very exciting life these days. I can't wait to hear the report from the Holidy Hideaway.

Robin said...

How lucky you are to have such wonderful plans over the holidays!! I look forward to the tutorial and posting when you get back! Thanks again for teaching at the Crafty Scapper in October - I have been using the tag techniques you taught us to create some Christmas tags. Happy Holidays!

Margie Higuchi said...

OH SO MUCH FUN for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very exciting to spend some time with fun friends and a creative friend (Mr. Tim!)!!!! You must share details when you get back :0)

OK...your snow is worse than ours! LOL! I think we only had 3". But good excuse to stay home and make art :0)

Have a warm one! xoxoxo

borcherding said...

Dear lord! What a lucky gal you are!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Well well well...you are just full of all kinds of new news!!! Sounds like you will be having a blast!!! I can't wait to hear/see what you did!!!

Mary W said...

WOW, what an EXCITING trip planned! And, I heard you were getting snow, but had NO IDEA you got 7 inches!!! Maybe my boys will actually see snow and we'll have a white Christmas when we come back in just a few weeks!!

Have a GREAT time in AZ!!! And, STAY WARM!! :)
Mary W
CHA, SC

2amscrapper said...

You are one lucky gal but your talent got you to this point. Can't wait to be a student in your class so that I can hear all about it and learn some new techniques. Have a great time!

KAT said...

I think you REALLY need an helper to go along with you - really I LOVE Tim and I am sure I could help.. Maybe rub your shoulders after a tough day of making ART?

Seriously are you one lucky Lady! Please share lots of pics when you get home - I am curious to see what you make with Tim!

And - what's a charm? I've heard about them but don't know what they are...

One more thing - not only am I joining you and Tim on the cruise but I convinced 3 of my friends that this is the must attend event of 2009 - so now there are 4 of us attending!!! Only 10.5 months to wait - feel my pain???

Heidi said...

Wendy, do you know how ultimately jealous I am of you right now!@!!
Cas't wait to see you at see you at CHA, I will be the one on drugs...per Carolyn! Hehehehe~!

Heidi