here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Sunday, July 18, 2010

all about art parts...

THANK YOU...
for all the comments about art parts!
You have made me soooo very happy.
I'm over the top thrilled with them...
and I'm glad you're liking them too!

I've had LOTS of questions about art parts...
and I've been saving them in a folder for when I had a few spare minutes......

today I want to answer them here...

#1. Can you tell us everything you made art part wise, so i can make my shopping list& not miss anything?

OK...here are the solid base measurements...
there are 2 sizes of square frames, they are 5 1/2 square
and 3 1/2 square
the rectangle is 3 1/2 x 5 1/2
the circle is 5 1/2 inches diameter

There are 2 sizes of flowers...
the smaller is a speck less than 4 inches diameter
the larger is a speck less than 5 inches diameter

There are 3 sizes of spool bases & 3 different lengths of tubes that hold the spools together...
so, lots of possibilities for mix & match...

The scallop trim is available in 2 lengths...
3 1/2 and 5 1/2 inches

and...

TADA!!!

we have STEMS for the flowers...
I used them for both projects below...

There is a straight stem and a curved...
they're about 7 inches long...
so just what we needed for larger art...

or they can easily be trimmed with tim's scissors...to make them any length ...

since art parts don't have a front/back...
that allows the stem to curve to the left or the right...
depending on your need...
just flip it over...

plus...

The straight stem can also be used as a trim strip...
stay tuned...

#2. I know you said they're sturdy, but does the CROP-A-DILE work?

YES IT DOES! perfectly!

#3. do you show us any art parts samples in your new book to get ideas?

YOU bet!
There are projects with everything except the spools...those guys weren't ready by the book deadline.

But rest assured...you'll be seeing lots of spool samples here...
I LOVE them...

and they were the original idea for art parts...
so...stay tuned!

And I have a brand new class that I'm over the top thrilled with...using the spool.
I'm saving that photo & it's killing me!

#4. did I understand that they are only available thru Stampers Anonymous?

art parts are manufactured by Stampers Anonymous (Arnold is our special cutter guy!)

art parts will be sold to stores directly from Stampers Anonymous...

so they will be available in stores, online & at conventions where Stampers Anonymous has a booth.

#5. Have you painted them? did that work ok?

So far...
I've painted them with Ranger's dabbers...
Claudine's paints will work fine too...
just haven't had time yet...to make a sample...
I've stamped them with Ranger's Watermark Resist ink...
I've inked them with tim's distress inks...
I've inked them with Adirondack dyes...
I've inked them with my FAV Adirondack PIGMENT inks...

enabler alert...

if you don't have the pigments yet...
(they have the black cases)
add them to your shopping list...
I've been using the pigments A LOT...
the more I play...
the more I LOVE them...

for sure get the snow cap white pigment...
it's amazing what you can do with it...

other must have pigments to start with...
denim, lettuce, butterscotch, red pepper...
they are fun...really FUN.

OH... LOOK...they're on SALE HERE!

I've embossed art parts pieces with tim's Sizzix embossing folders for a cool effect...

I've covered them with tim's tissue tape...

and I've used Claudine's multi medium to cover them with paper...

I haven't had time yet...but for those of you who love Ten seconds studio metal...

I think you'll be happy...
very happy!
they're nice & solid...

so they'll be great for metalwork too.
That will be a totally different cool look...

6. how do we buy them in a set?
Hmmm...I'm not 100% sure yet on that. I'll be talking with Ted this week...

but for sure I want to do a "sampler" pack that will include a few of everything...

#7. Will art parts be sold @ STAMPAWAY?

I'm not sure about that just yet. I guess it will depend on how long it takes Arnold (our BFF) to cut the art parts CHA orders...

I'll know closer to Stampaway.

Next...
yesterday I finished my acrylic storage cover for the 8 new large sets...

it's my 5th release...
thus the 5 for the center...

I ADORE tim's paper stash...
just HAD to use it again...

ignore the glare...please...grr...


and here's another CHA art parts sample...
small flower, stem, large square frame & scallop trim ...



I hear art parts calling me from the studio...
they want me to come &...

make art!
wendy

31 comments:

Scrapthat said...

I think the frames are going to be super versatile...I have a project in mind if I ever find them here in Canada!

Linda R said...

WOWSER, glad I just happened to check twitter. These are GREAT!! There is just so many new things to do with it all - stamps, art parts...what's a girl to do? I'm anxious for Stampaway my first class with Tim and I'm needing a break ;-) Maybe I'll see art parts there.

Linda M. Cain said...

They are all adorable. Congrats on a fantastic idea.

Unknown said...

Has anyone ever told you hat you rock Wendy Vecchi and so do all your art parts XXX

Unknown said...

that should be that ... not hat ... Doh!!!!

ellen vargo designs said...

Please please please - save that class for Queen's Ink in October.... (actually - it doesn't matter... by then you'll be working on Winter CHA stuff and I know whatever you do will be...well...fabulous... (can you tell I'm excited?... just a tad...)

jan metcalf said...

I really like your "never be afraid..." cover! So many possibilities to make art!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS..again :O)) Loving those Art Parts, loving your aRt!!! xx

2amscrapper said...

I love the idea of a sampler pack! More great art to keep us motivated!!

SusanK said...

Art parts are phenomenal! Can't wait for them to be available to the consumer!!!!!! And that won't be soon enough! Since I met you and took that 1st class, you've turned my art world upside down...and I'm so glad you did! Keep up the fab work!

Helena said...

I guess I just HAVE to get some of those art parts!! Love the last sample!

Sara Carns said...

I think I'm going to be one of those crazy ladies that stands outside of her local stamp store screaming and fist-pumping, "Art Parts! Art Parts! Art Parts!" until I get some of these, because I am just ridiculousy giddy with excitement to play with them! I love your projects Wendy! Keep the inspiration coming!

slbt17 said...

you are too cute!
Thanks for the update!
Sampler pack sounds fabulous!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one don't need a shopping list. I'll just say, "one of each, please!"
Eileen in NYC
PS What a treat....a blog post from you on a Sunday!

Kathy said...

Wonderful info thank you. I love the last sample. Great colors and I love the quote. It reminds to pause once in a while during life's craziness.

Heidi said...

WOWZERS!! Very informative and helpful! Great idea! I am LOVING THIS SAMPLE! What's in the middle of the flower?

ONE MORE WEEK Til CHA! YAH!!!

Can't wait to see Art Parts in person soon!!

Luv
Heidi

Anita said...

The idea of a sampler pack would be awesome. Your art is stunning.

Unknown said...

So glad I stopped by your blog this weekend. Love the idea of a sampler pack- for us indecisive types that just can't what to buy first. Love your samples. Thanks for making art (and sharing!)

Anonymous said...

I just love your "Art Parts" and the idea of a Sampler Pack makes it all perfect. I ordered my first set of your new release stamps (Botanical Art) & got them already. They are fantastic and I just loved seeing the project sheet included. Now I'm really excited to get more of the stamps and the Art Parts and get busy being a copycat!!! Marijane

Lori said...

Ooo, a sampler pack would be totally awesome! That doesn't mean I won't buy them separately, however, lol. Love the covers, they look great!

Robin Swederske said...

Everything is fantastic!

julie m said...

the cha arts part sample is fantastic. love the double embellishment center. the inside flower (from live and make art?) and leaves (from sketch art?) look great with the art parts. how about that!

michelle said...

I can not wait. . . to make art with art parts. Loving your new binder and the CHA project is so wonderful.

Have a great week. . .

nonnie said...

i love the last piece and the stamp cover is beautiful too....

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Cool, cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

so pretty it makes me cry! your heart is so in your work Wendy..I just love it! cannot wait to get the sampler pack! THAT will rock my world! ty ty ty cher

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!!! I'm glad you will be doing a sampler pack... can't wait to get some!!

Dorothy said...

Thank you for all the great info!!!

Tona said...

Thanks for the Q & A session.
As usual, I love your projects!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous stuff Wendy, love all the stuff you do :-)
Anne xx

Shazza said...

wow, fabulous stuff Wendy
x