here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, July 17, 2010

hey friends!

happy weekend to you!

Things are progressing nicely with Paul...we appreciate all the wonderful emails, prayers, comments & cyber hugs so very much.

One treatment done...
yippee!
he has a minimum of 5 to go...
spaced over a 4 month period...

He thanks you too for the messages!

Ok...on to the art...

I wanted to make a simple card using art parts...

I took the smaller flower (we have 2 sizes)...
and stamped it with Ranger's Watermark Resist ink...

then embossed it with clear embossing powder...also from Ranger.

embossing is such a simple technique...
it's what got me hooked on stamping...
when I saw the demo & the image raised...
yikes...HOOKED big time...

but the results are so cool...

because art parts start out as kraft colored...
the ink makes the image look darker...
the only color I added was the old stand by...

faded jeans...which too looks different, because it's used over kraft...

Now did you notice that the art part flowers are larger sizes of these new stamps??

and they are even larger than this one...

Ah...a perfect fit...
just as I planned!

Now we have even more options & combos
for making art...



This next sample had me smiling the whole time I was working on it...
playing?
whatever...

I had the inside left from the art parts circle frame...

so I made this...


Everything is glued right to the top to make a fun display piece...

the canvas is ATC sized...
to give you a general idea...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new mini house & the mini HER...
they are perfect for ATC art...



the art parts scallop is peeking out from behind the canvas...

and everything is stamped on either grungeboard or grungepaper...

I CAN NOT make art with out grunge!
just saying...it's true...
I should join the grunge support group...
or probably not...I really don't want the cure...

Now I'm off to the studio to create a new large acrylic binder...
new stamps need a new home...

hmmm...
I've got 4 new small sets coming...
I better get a small binder done too...

stay tuned...

I need to hustle...
CHA is only a week away...
still LOTS to accomplish...

I gotta...

make art!
wendy


31 comments:

Deb Smith said...

Wendy, glad things are going well for Paul. Looking forward to the arts parts. See you soon.

Scrapthat said...

Super cute!
Glad that things are looking good for Paul.
Take care and TFS

Helen said...

Good news about Paul, long may it continue. Love your art - I can't wait to get hold of those new stamps - and the art parts, of course! Have a great weekend making art.

Sherry Cheever said...

LOVE the Artist in Residence! I have to tell you that when I walk in my studio all I smell is grunge .. . it's absolutely fabulous!

Heidi said...

Your flowers go so perfectly with grunge....loving it! Can't wait to see more art :)

Have a great weekend!

luv,
Heidi

Tona said...

Love your projects!
Those art parts just look like they will be so fun!

Nancy said...

One down...yea! You are all staying in my prayers & thoughts. Sending lots of positive, healthy thoughts to Paul!
Your new art is wonderful, Wendy! Seeing what you create is always inspiring - always makes me want to play right away.

Hels Sheridan said...

Flipping FLips Wendy... your art just gets more and more lush.. these are utterly divine... I wanna come over to your house and play :O)) CANNOT WAIT to get my mitts on the ART PARTS!!!!! So pleased that Pauls treatment is going ok... fingers crossed it will do the trick hun... have a goodly weekend xx

Sara Carns said...

Yes, art parts... seriously a MUST! I love them all! I can see how you're having fun! Gorgeous creations and I'm happy to hear Paul is doing well!

Anonymous said...

Happy for Paul! just tell him to hang in there! Glad yer back..and luvvvvvvvv the reveal..so well done..always realllllllllly luv your pallette...cant wait to get some art parts! and stamps of course...cher

Alexandra said...

Paul continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad he is progressing well.
Your beautiful art displayed with art parts...what can I say?
Fantastic Wendy.
We love that you love your grunge.

MA said...

Glad to hear of your brother's progress (hugs to all). I hope your new stamps & book will be at StampAway! I have made your memo pins and also did the same technique with jump rings..love it!

2amscrapper said...

I'm sold!!! on all of it! lovely creations. can't wait for a workshop using all these great new products!

SusanK said...

Thanks for the update on Paul. Will continue cyber hugs and plenty of prayers for all. Perfect weekend and upcoming week to make art - too blasted hot to even walk outside. Unless it's to open the door for the postal carrier or man in brown! Love the art you shared today!

Kathy Eddy said...

Glad to hear things are going better for Paul. Poor dear! Gorgeous art here. Can't wait to try some of these art Parts out.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabulous pieces Wendy :-)
Anne x

Nancy Lynn said...

My thoughts and prayers will continue for Paul, you and all the family. It is so hard going through all of this. Keep thinking good thoughts and making your beautiful art.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Good thoughts are proving to be good things, accross the miles! Luv these new parts and this piece!

Anonymous said...

So glad Paul is doing well, and pray for this to continue.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful art!
Eileen in NYC

Anita said...

Happy to hear that Paul is doing ok.He is in my prayers. The ATC is stunning!

Lori said...

Great stuff here Wendy! Can't WAIT to get some of those art parts, and it's great that they go with the stamps.
Glad Paul is doing ok. Hope things progress as they should!

jan metcalf said...

I like your ATC art too! Great images! Best to your brother!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Your little house piece is adorable. And I'm glad things are looking up for Paul.

Dorothy said...

Awesome art!!!

Art By Wanda said...

So very glad things are going well for Paul!!! You are all in my prayers. I'm glad you said the canvas was atc sized because it "seemed" like the whole piece was much larger... very cool. Totally love it!!! Did you tell us how many art part parts you were coming out with?

slbt17 said...

Thanks for sharing your art. It is a treat!
Glad to hear about Paul - prayers will continue.
Sandra

Darla said...

Wendy,
My personal research has shown there are no cures or help in discontinuing use of either your ART or Tim's creations!!!!!!!!! My advice......CONTINUE enjoying, working with and sharing your fabulous inspiration!!!!!
Darla

michelle said...

Glad to hear that Paul is hanging in there . . hugs and prayers to all . . . I so love that ATC so cool and oh the new stamps need to come on home to me soon!

Happy art making

Linda R said...

Oh I'm so happy for the better Paul news. These art parts are so darn cute and I love seeing what you've done lately with them

Sharon said...

One of your links didn't go anywhere(about the flowers)...but hey, small potatoes compared to what's going on...glad to hear that Paul is doing better...still saying prayers...for him and the family...healing path and grace and strength...walking through fire is no fun...either for those doing it or those watching...for times like these I love the Zen story about the monk being chased by tigers...fell off a cliff and grabbed hold of a branch on the way down, only to see two more tigers below. Then he turned his head and saw a small strawberry plant off to the side with several beautiful ripe strawberries...picking one, he said "What a wonderful strawberry!"...reminding us that although there may be tigers behind us and tigers ahead of us...we should stay in the moment and not miss the strawberries next to us. There are always strawberries(maybe in your case it will be stamps...doesn't have to be strawberries)...no matter what's going on. Here's to you and Paul the presence of mind to see the strawberries! God bless.

Shazza said...

fabulous art
x