here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

hot off the press...

right from the studio to you!

I was up @ 4:30am with an idea for this piece...
I had to get up & get it out of my head...

but...
it looks absolutely NOTHING like the idea I started with...

why is that?

art seems to have a mind of it's own some days...

anyway...

When the art parts frames are cut, you end up with the insert that gets cut out...

so I had several of these & decided they needed to be put to use...

here's today's finished piece...



it's quite substantial, since it has so many layers...(I'm thinking gifts...)

now if you click & enlarge the photo...*EDITED*(OOPS...I guess that doesn't work. sorry)

you'll get a better look @ the memo pin embellishment...


I made a bunch more yesterday, using the same technique...

and I also made this discovery...yippee!

tim's tissue tape is LOADED with minis that fit the memo pins...

one roll must have a billion choices...
seriously...

just adhere a strip of tissue tape to a cardstock scrap...

punch...

proceed to fill the opening with Glossy Accents...

these are really fun & economical to make...
and I like that you'll never run out of the exact pin you need...

you'll see that the pin above is tinted, because of the color in the tape...it was a perfect fit...

and here's a few more ideas that are brewing in my little brain...

you can also fill the opening with Enamel Accents...

allow to dry & then add a mini...really mini rub-on, for a fun custom embellishment...

you can do the same with the Glossy Accents...

just add a mini rub-on on top...

did you spot the 2 Maya Road star trinket pins...
I bought 500...yep...500!
LOVE them!

MR UPS just dropped off a next day air box of...

ART PARTS!

I'm running to the studio to...

make art!
wendy

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Keep those memo pin ideas a comin' because I am having fun stealing, er, I mean using, them all! Little letters for initials, or little numbers for someone's birthday on a card....too much fun!
Eileen in NYC
PS You know that you're addicted to online shopping when you regard the arrival of the UPS man as the highlight of your day. LOL! That would be me!

Anita said...

Stunning! All your ideas are great!

Scrapthat said...

Very cool Wendy!!
Just to let you know...when I click on the pic it doesn't go any bigger, it's the same size if not a smidge smaller...maybe it's my comp. I don't know.
Anyhoot...thanks for sharing!

Helen said...

Love this art, I can't wait to get the art parts!

Lori said...

AHA! Soooo, I suppose some of your round stamps, i.e. the label stamps fit perfectly in these art part guts, right? Oh, I hope so, that would be the icing on the cake. This is a great piece you've made. I can't WAIT to get those parts! And these memo pin ideas are just fabulous.

Art By Wanda said...

Another great piece... but I couldn't get a larger pic :-(( Has your Glossy Accents in a memo pin taken on a blue tint?? I did just a couple and they both turned blue around the edge. I have a few of your new sets on their way to me... woohoo!!!!!

Nancy said...

So this piece is going to be a gift? To me, right??? *lol*
Beautiful, Wendy ... just beautiful! And, like everyone else, I love all you're finding/creating with the memo pins! TFS!

slbt17 said...

very nice - thanks for all the inspiration!
Sandra

bethchien said...

love it, Wendy!

katie watson said...

Wowzers Wendy!! You are coming out with some cool stuff!!

Cim Allen said...

I love it .. I just purchased some tissue tape and now I know what to use it on :) I just HAD to have it cause it was Tim, than I got it and had no clue what to do with it .. this I do alot :) Thanks Wendy !

2amscrapper said...

This just proves that when you buy art parts, you really get your money's worth! Can't wait to start using them!

Unknown said...

Run Wendy Run ... that was my bestest Forest Gump impression ... then Run back and show us :0)

Pat said...

Love it, and can see that art on my stamp table. Ok, it was a dream! lol

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Pat

Etta said...

Brilliant, my dear Wendy, brilliant!!!

Debby said...

Way cool piece! Am loving the great ideas you have! Have fun with the art parts! Wish I could come and play.

SusanK said...

When I open a package of art stuff I love being able to use ALL of it. I hate throwing stuff away...it may be just the very thing I need for another art piece. You never know. Thanks for helping us stay 'green'! Love the art piece...keep 'em coming please!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Loooove this piece hun...so, what did you get from Mr UPS??? Aw, go on, show us.. is it rubber? Or is it chip?? Am excited just thinking about a box full of stash LOL Have a good day x

Tona said...

Oooh, this is great!

jan metcalf said...

Thanks for sharing the fun!

Kathy said...

Great layering, great ideas. Love the Memo pins.

Liz in MO said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Karla Anderson said...

i am just so excited for these art parts to come available. Thanks for the ideas!

Anneliese said...

I'm loving that paper pin idea .. Fabulous !! thanks for sharing x

Susan said...

Fabulous ideas! i NEED to get some tissue tape and pins!
Susan

Unknown said...

Another beauty! It's a good day when you can say you got up and made something so amazing. Lovin' your Art Parts.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv your ideas Wendy, can't wait to see you at cha!

Dorothy said...

Amazing and I love the pins!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful ! Please keep those amazing ideas coming... It's what keeps all of us going! Thanks! Snick~ Sue

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another wonderful piece of artwork Wendy :-)
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Hi...just praying for your family..miss your posts but totally understand. Hugs to you and your brother...prayer works!

Darla said...

Wendy and Rick,
I am hoping this post finds both of you doing OK. I care! Connie & I will be at CHA for the first time this year.....we have owned & operated our own retail store for the past 6 months and I can honestly say that our customers are loving it!!! How cool huh? And of course there are soooooo many projects of ART that I can introduce them to. It is like a whole new world to many customers and the excitement is beyond belief! Thanks for sharing your talent with so many of us Wendy!
Darla