here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, July 24, 2010

but wait!!!...there's MORE!

like the info-mercial says...
but wait...there's MORE...

ART PARTS that is!!!

This final product has been planned for a long time...
but we got down to the wire...

and sadly...
I thought it would be released @ CHA 2011...
in JANUARY...
(boohoo)

BUT...NOT SO...
TED came thru...
YIPPEE!

We spoke last night & it's a go for THIS CHA...
like in a few days!

OMG...I'm EXCITED!!!

Let me tell you about the last category of art parts...

it's called...

"clearly for art"...
(there's that ART word again!)

Clearly for art is loaded with possibilities for making clear custom embellishments with other products we currently own...

think ...studio 490 stamps...

think...Tim's Sizzix dies...

think ... punches...

think... Ranger's archival ink...

think... Tim's alcohol inks...

you don't need to buy lots of supplies...

but you'll NEED Ranger's heat-it craft tool...
FOR SURE...
and you'll want to work on Ranger's non stick craft sheet...
FOR SURE...

clearly for art is an 8 x 10 sheet of clear material...
with some very unique features...

when heated...

it does not shrink...

it is simple to mold into a dimensional embellishment...

don't like what you made?

just reheat it and reshape it again...

still not satisfied???
heat it again...

and again & again until you're 100% satisfied...

and as soon as it's cool...
which is just a few seconds...

it's rock solid...
it holds the shape you designed & it doesn't crack or break...

this stuff is TOTALLY amazing & is another bargain of the century...
thanks to Ted!

clearly for art will have 6 sheets in the package & retail for about $4.00...
so each sheet will cost less than 67 cents...

time to show you a few pieces I made with clearly for art...

this sample is made with my new stamp...
it's stamped with cobalt archival
(I LOVE blue so this is a new fav archival)

I heated it & made it into a flower center...
the base is the small art parts flower...
the stem is from art parts too...

that CUTE NEW button is from tim's new ideology release...


it's not the easiest thing to photo...
but here's another look...



for the next sample I used tim's heart from Sizzix and die cut the clearly for art...

it's stamped with my polka dot background & jet black archival ink...

then I heated it & shaped it...
then added it with the tiny attacher to the grungeboard heart...



I think you can see the dimension better here...


next is tim's tattered floral Sizzix die...
again...
it's stamped with COBALT archival...

it's heated, shaped & cooled...
now it looks like this...


yep...
I'm LOVIN' the cobalt archival...
and clearly for art...



now about my bottle stamp...
I'm just saying...
simple to round & shape...
simple...
ah...the possibilities...

Ok...talk to me...
I'm "CLEARLY" excited to hear your thoughts...

gotta run...
it's my last day to...
make art
wendy

46 comments:

TheLastOfNine said...

This is so cool, to be able to reshape to my heart's content! Will not be going to CHA :( but can't wait to buy it and make reshapeable art!!!
Gloria

Unknown said...

OH my gosh, I NEED some of this 'clearly for art'! It looks so fun and your flower is amazing! Sadly, I can 't be at CHA, but I'll be lookin in the stores soon! Thanks for the inspiration and have fun at CHA!

heidi said...

HOLY COW! I can't believe there is more! HOW EXCITING! Clever Miss Wendy, we are LOVIN' the clear art ;)

Can't wait to see all of the creative juices come together with these parts!

It's fun to read and see the pics, makes one feel like we are in the same room! OH WAIT! Soon we will be. YIPPPPPEEEEE!!

Luv ya!

SusanK said...

Oh boy!!!! This clearly art stuff sounds stupendous! You've thought of everything with this cool product! Now to wait for it to be available for us to use. Ugh, I don't like waiting for good stuff like this.

Scrapthat said...

Can't wait to see more of this!! Think a video would be cool Wendy...I mean I know your busy so I'll patiently wait but still I'd like to see you doing this in action!

Marianne said...

I have to get my hands on this !

Sara Carns said...

Oh, Miss Wendy, you just satisfied one of my crafty dreams. I was *hoping* Tim's new machine cut Fimo so I could mold shapes and things... now I just need some Clearly for Art!!! The cobal archival looks absolutely gorgeous on this, too! I can't wait to Alcohol Ink some! Soooo many ideas! Oh, the magical things you come up with! Thanks for sharing, Wendy!

yoursartfully said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Wendy, this is to die for stuff....I need me this right now and I'm not coming to Chicago!!!! I need to make a plan and figure out the quickest way to get some of this magical stuff.

Lin x

ellen vargo designs said...

I love the blue flower - gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You are clearly fabulous The Wendy Vecchi ... Just think of the wearable art we will be able to make ... Need some ... Like Now!

Helen said...

Wendy, you're magic! It sounds fabulous, and I love it with that cobalt blue ink!!

Tona said...

Omgosh! This stuff is amazing!!!
loved everything you did with it. That last flower is to die for though.

Nancy Lynn said...

Wow.....what an incredible product. I can see all kinds of possibilities with inks, die cuts and heat. I love the layer look a lot so this is just perfect. Thanks.

Shirley said...

I love it! Look forward to seeing more info on it at CHA! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Clearly this is a brilliant product and one destined to fly off the shelves. Wish I were going to CHA, and can't wait til it is available to order.
Have fun in Chicago!
Eileen in NYC

Kathy said...

Hummm, yes, I can 'see' the possibilities...the bottle, Tim's new snowflakes, a 3-d sun, windows, mirror images...and the list goes on. Thanks Wendy!

Linda said...

Clearly, this is another AWESOME product! Hope it ships soon after CHA! Have safe travels!

lidna

Anonymous said...

wow...I think you made this just for me...who needs to REDO stuff often LOL...now I can and it will be OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAYYYYYYYYY! luv cobalt too! show us more lady..luvin it alllllllllll xoxo ty cher

ps...dont show this to Hels yet...she is so darn fast with making stuff puts us all to shame! LOL

Sandie said...

one word - AWESOME!!

Etta said...

Yup, this is quite amazing and adds another entirely new dimension and interest to you wares! Love it! Have fun at CHA...sorry I'll miss everyone this year. Hope to see you soon.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Clearly this is going to be a big HIT!

julie m said...

way better than saving packaging and trying to heat mold it. usually end up with a melted lump, plastic on whatever i used to try to shape it and hot fingers.and it will store flat. crystal clearly a great product. so glad we do not have to wait. thank Ted for us.

Broni said...

Wow! This looks really exciting! I can't wait to try it!

Anita said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Sharon said...

I really liked the clear flower from Tim's die...I'm thinking doorknob, longer screw...and a very fancy doorpull? So, have you tried putting it into an old mold and heating it? Does it stick? Questions that will be answered when CHA is over...safe travels and don't forget to BREATHE!!!(When you start to feel stress, take several deep breaths...remember it's an adventure...you're to have fun...and that's more contagious than you think. There are no art police. Be gentle with yourself and tell yourself the things you would tell a good friend going through the same stuff!)

Hels Sheridan said...

Whooo Hooo Wendy, this is just getting better and better... I am sooo excited for you hun and CANNOT WAIT to get my mitts on this now, adding it to the ever growing list LOL Have a grand weekend hun xx

aknancy said...

Wendy... I am so thrilled to her about your new, fun, clearly exceptional product. I am thinking of doing something for the end of bookmarks (instead of beads that everyone else does) Cannot WAIT to get my hands on these sheets ... Yippee....

slbt17 said...

WOW! Sound like TONS of applications - but I love the flowers .....
Sandra

Dorothy said...

amazing stuff!! Gotta have some!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This opens up a whole new world of possibilities for using all my Wendy and Tim stuff. I just love being able to stamp on and shape this amazing material and the flower with the cobalt dots - just beautiful! Marijane

Debby said...

Wow that is clearly so cool and no pun intended! Love the cobalt blue color too. Just so neat. I can see stamping word stamps and other printed type stamps on this and using it on cards and mini books. Way cool stuff!

Lori said...

It's clearly obvious that this will be flying off the shelves...hahaha. Like you haven't heard that before. What a great idea! Love the shape possibilities, and the fact it doesn't shrink, like shrinky dinks with no shrink, lol. Ooo, now I have to buy cobalt archival...

nonnie said...

cannot wait to try this...i am thinking of the wings on the wings and heart die, just folded up a little... ah, the possibilities....nice work Wendy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new Clearly for Art!! It is so hard to wait for new product to hit the stores. I remember having a flower pin with about 3 layers of colored clear plastic many years ago, I loved it.
Gail in Oklahoma

michelle said...

Clearly I will not be able to live without this product.

Joanne said...

Many congrats on producing such an inivitive product. Those tattered cobalt flowers are to die for.
Luv Joanne x

Art By Wanda said...

I am clearly over the top totally excited about this!!!! Oh the flowers we can make!!! Oh and I already have cobalt blue Archival Ink... yee-haw!!!!

Robin Swederske said...

I'm "CLEARLY" impressed! Great job!

2amscrapper said...

this is an extremely exciting new product!

Dianal said...

wow, love the new "clearly art" ... so many possibilities and the colbalt archival looks great too ..... can't wait to get my hands on these two products ... have fun at CHA

LynneZ said...

Clearly for art is CLEARLY VERY COOL. Can't wait to get some - love the molding capabilities and the ability to reshape and reform as most of the time I need to do things over several times. Looking forward to seeing it on the shelves.

LynneZ

debb said...

OMG I am so excited!!!!!! I spent the other day trying to shape some plastic with my heat gun- I tried to use every available plastic wrapper I could find- none of them worked!!!!! They just were not made for this process! I can not wait to get a hold of this!!!!!! When - where - how SOON??????

Susan said...

Wow this plastic looks fantastic! And I LOVE that cobalt ink. Have to get some...
Have fun at CHA and send us reports.
Susan

Joyce said...

Got to have some of this plastic stuff. Love the fact it doesn't shrink and can be shaped. The flowers with Cobalt are fabulous! Enjoy CHA and can't wait to hear about your experiences.

jan metcalf said...

How did I miss this post? I can see clearly now! FUn, fun, fun!

Barbara Greve said...

Clearly for Art sounds too good to be true and I'm beginning to think it's not going to be true. I can't find a hint of it anywhere, but on your blog. Who's coming out with it..Stampers Anonymous? You said "Ted" got some together for CHA 2010, so I'm thinking it must be Stampers Anonymous. When is it going to be a real thing we can buy?
Barb