here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

a few FUN photos...

HELLO!
Not a whole lot of time for chit chat today...

CHA is soooo close & I still have soooo much to accomplish before I leave on Sunday...

YIKES!!! It always gets done...
but there are a few scary days...

the extra benefit...no time to cook! ha!

A HUGE YIPPEE!!
This morning I was up @ 4:30...
to do the edit for book #3!

Stay tuned...
I asked for a change on the front cover...

just as soon as Matt gets that done, I'll show you ...

it has a very fun project...
I'm pleased with how it looks...

speaking of FUN...
this turned out to be one of the MOST FUN projects I did for Maya Road...

Here's the brand new keyhole album...
it's got 4 chipboard pages & 4 kraft pages...

the cover has the cut out & the inside pages are solid...



I turned it sideways and made this...

Remember I told you you NEED snow cap white pigment ink??

Here's a good reason why I LOVE it...

it's an easy way to create a shabby chic whitewash look...

I LOVE the chalky matte finish...



next...
I finished the small acrylic cover for my new stamps...

the paper is scraps of graphic45...
I used some grunge & a small art parts flower & an art parts rectangle frame...

art parts & GRUNGE = the perfect combo... IMHO...just saying'...
FUN!



and FINALLY...
how long have we NEEDED this?

it works like MAGIC...
we used it @ Ranger U last month...

MAGIC I tell you.

you will LOVE it...I DO!!!




Now after my inky classes...
everyone can leave with clean hands!

It's REALLY... MAGIC!
you'll see...

That's it for today...

back to the studio to...

make (CHA) art!
wendy

25 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Saw the scrubbie on the Ranger blog and was wondering how well it would work...Nice to have your seal of approval! :) Love your new stamp cover! Very pretty and I love how you hung the charm off the Maya road piece!

Shirley said...

I love your art pieces. They are beautiful! I am sure looking forward to owning one of those Scrubbies! People are always wondering what I have been up to--especially after using barn red. Have a great day making art.

slbt17 said...

magic, huh? this I have to see!
lovely art!
Sandra

Helena said...

Oh wow! Love the whitewash frame with the flower!

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, there!
Hoping to see you during CHA...not sure when we'll meet since I'll be at Spellbinders the entire time. Maybe I can stop by during lunch but if you have time, come see me too! xo

Kathy said...

Great project, I love maya road.

Sara Carns said...

OOOhhh... a new kind of scrubbie! (not a scrap-hubbie). To be honest, I have kind of grown attached to my inky fingers after projects. It may look like I murdered Rainbow Brite, but hey, it's for the sake of art! Thanks for sharing, as always, Wendy! I'm sure you're going to have a blast, albeit busy, at CHA!!!

Helen said...

That keyhole album is gorgeous!!! Your new binder decoration is too. So good to see you creating art again. Love it.

Sharon said...

I love what you do with the Maya Road and the front piece of their albums that have cut-outs...but you only get one of these per album...how about talking to them and getting them to do a "Wendy Packet" where it is only the pieces that you use on your art? And I like the idea of the scrubbie...until tomorrow.

Lori said...

Wow, all gorgeous! I'm really lovin' those art parts.... so, the scrubbie really does work, eh? Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

I love the new samples, and am intrigued by the scrubbie. Though honestly, aren't we a bit proud of our inky digits?
Eileen in NYC

Hels Sheridan said...

More gorgoeus ART Wendy, wish I was going to CHA :O)) CAnnot wait to see those Art Parts in the UK... did I say that already though LOL x

Anonymous said...

lol...they will sell those scrubbies like hotcakes! I know I need at least 3! luv your sample..and I do luv snowcap too! wish I could go...

Debby said...

Nice work. Glad I have that inkpad. Now I need the reinker. Thanks for sharing with all of us! Can't wait to get more new products.

Linda said...

I really love the way the Maya Road piece looks! The flower is awesome!

Unknown said...

Yummy!!!!

SusanK said...

Oh, I'm so in love with the new stuff you're doing. Can't wait to get my inky digits (no scrubbie here!) on all the new products you're introducing and using that compliments your style so well.

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous Maya piece!! I love how you used the knob and made a hangie for it. I believe I need to do something like this!!!

Netty said...

I love the keyhole album and also what you created with it, just gorgeous. Annette

2amscrapper said...

wonderful, as always!

julie m said...

like both of the projects a lot, especially the keyhole album.. but must admit the prospect of a craft scrubbie that will really clean inky hands is most exciting.

Dianal said...

Love the keyhole album Wendy ... and the scrubbie that cleans hands is something we all need. Can't believe CHA is next week ...

Anonymous said...

Both of today's projects are fantastic (as usual) but I just LOVE the page from the keyhole album. That whitewash effect is just beautiful. I can't wait to try it myself. I saw the Scrubbie on the Ranger blog today and seemed like a great idea. So glad you've tried it and can recommend it to us all! Don't forget to breath now and then - you seem awfully busy! Marijane

scrappin-scrappin said...

Love it!! Looking forward to when all of your products are available!! And your book!!

nonnie said...

clean hands???!!!???? a girl can only dream....