here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, May 12, 2008

Some Maya Road DT assignments....


On Friday, I posted a peek. Today...here's the whole enchilada!


This was one of my assignments for the New York Stationary show, for Maya Road. It's the treasure box loaded with fragment fun. The lid has a recessed area with a sheer insert, so I played with the fragments until I found a pleasing pattern that fit the recess.
***

All the rub-ons are by Maya Road and what is REALLY fun is using such small bits of them. If you enlarge the photo, you'll see small sections from the Cubical sheet. The paper is by Basic Grey. It's their Archaic line. LOVE it!
***

I'm sure you recognize my fav Stampers Anonymous stamp, by now. It seems to fit with any project or style. Just a few MR trinkets metal blossoms ( bent) and some glaze pen dots and the box was complete. This will be added to the classes that I currently offer. It's great for using those scraps & left overs, instead of tossing them in the trash.
***



Since this is a stationary show, we were also asked to design some cards for display. Here's my favorite, using 2 pages of Maya Road's square banner book as the base. It's embellished with their crushed velvet ribbon, button and the trinkets metal flower...again.

I adore this paper by Heidi Swapp. It's perfect for guy cards or vintage projects. The large image stamp is from Paper Bag Studios. The "defined" is from Maya Road. It's in the DEFINED set. Hmmm...that seems appropriate for the title!

Here's a closeup of the crackle paint on a MR corner scroll. When these paints were first introduced, I didn't think I'd NEED the black. I didn't think that the cracks would show up very well...WRONG.!!! It's actually one of my favorites now. It adds great texture & dimension.
***
And a look @ the inside...

If you enlarge this photo, you'll see that the trinkets metal flowers are fun to cut in half, for a new look.
*****
For more ideas & inspiration...make sure you sign up for the consumer newsletter from Maya Road. Caroline is working on it now & it will be sent later this week. The DT got a sneak peek over the weekend & I know you'll LOVE it! AND...the price is great...It's FREE! Sign up here.
***
The sun is out & yes...the furnace is STILL on.
Come back tomorrow..there's more!!
wendy

7 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, Wendy!
These are so so COOL (like our weather, right? LOL!!)! LOVE the use of the fragments...need to get me some :0)
Thanks for the eye candy!
MargieH

borcherding said...

GORGEOUS!! Simply GORGEOUS!!!! You are SO talented!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Beautiful work...Very traditional Wendy!
Linda

Rachel Greig said...

I always love how you decorate the insides of cards :)

Sherri said...

very nice. anxious to play w the treasure box when it comes out to the rest of us.

Barb said...

on the treasure box, is that the MR scroll stamp? I am still trying to find that. Thanks....

ginny said...

These are all wonderful, Wendy!
I love the fragment card. It looks quilted in the photo.