here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trinkets tip and another product review...

They look great flat...bent...now cut! These Maya Road metal flowers are so much fun. Just a little sneak here to show you that they can be cut, for yet another look. Sorry, I can't show the whole deal just yet...but soon. I promise...



And the product tip of the day. My sweet friend Katie sent me this adhesive.



We saw this adhesive @ CHA-W and got to try it on the Maya Road sheers. We were jumping for joy with the results. I've been searching for it since February and thanks to Katie, now I have some!!

The tip we learned from Tombow, is NOT to burnish it really hard, like you do with most adhesives. Just a light touch is all that's needed for a really strong hold. (the infomercial is over.)

Interview update. YIKES! Sorry I forgot to tell you about that. Thanks for asking!! Anyway...Stephanie came & we talked about some fun stuff...Maya Road, Ranger, Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous...CHA...and grungeboard. She's just getting "into" stamping, so this was fun. She called again yesterday for more info & is sending a photographer to get some shots of my work. So...when it actually gets published, I'll post it here.

This made me laugh...the first thing she HAD to see was grungeboard. I think she's sold!

Ok...that's it for today. I'm off to the studio to finish up another townhouse & tag set for the class @ Scrapbook Friend'z on May 18th. Chipboard, mini alphabets, papers, inks and fragments = 4 hours of fun!

wendy







4 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Love those metal flowers :) Can't wait to hear more about your interview!!! You rock star you!!!

D's Paper Studio said...

I love the sneek peek and congrats on the interview. You certainly are a shining star. Is your email back on?

Jenna Franklin said...

Wanted to say hi and thank you for the inspiration! I've passed along a blog award to you!!

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY cool! LOVE it!
Linda