here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, May 15, 2008

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH...

for all the sweet comments, emails, calls, good wishes & prayers. He's not allowed to read...so I read each & every message to him. From both of us...THANKS!!!!!

So far...so good. He seems to be doing well, but we should know more tomorrow after his MD visit. The results are not known immediately, but his surgeon did say that he was pleased with how the procedure went.

So for now...he's only allowed to lay on his right side or sit with his head tilted to the right, to keep the air bubble in place. That keeps pressure on the retina which in turn helps to keep pressure on the repair site. So...nothing but TV is allowed. No walking...no Dyson pushing...

On a funny note...(we always have to laugh, to ease the stress)...when we got home he just knew that he'd be much better if I went & got him 3...yes 3...creme horns. So believe me...that's exactly what I did!

On to the art stuff...

This is another Maya Road card for the stationary show.
The base is 2 pages from the Dinner Break Book & it's put together with the Bind It All. The corners are not round...I think I made a mistake & just cut off the ugly part~! TRUE confession time...

The scroll, ribbon, buttons & yummy velvet sparkle blossom are all Maya Road.



The inside. There's that Fiskar's punch again. I'm loving it!




Here's a closer look @ the ribbon slide detail. A thin strip of coordinating cardstock was just what I needed. A button on top added some more dimension.



And the back. The chipboard circle is from the foundations tin and the stamp is from the Signed Sealed & Delivered stamp set.

OOPS...one more thing. The paper is Paper Loft.

Ok...time to go check him again...

Thanks again!
wendy







9 comments:

borcherding said...

Hi Wendy! So glad to hear the surgery went well. Be sure and get your sweetie everything he wants for the next few days and then after that you can crack the whip again. LOL!! peace and blessings, Cindy

ginny said...

Oh Wendy,
Poor Rick. Glad the surgery went as it should and that he is able to request Cream Horns. I heard that cream horns are directly responsible for improved eyesight. No really!

Penny said...

I am sending my good wishes to Rick for a speedy recovery. Now, cream horns, there's something I haven't seen for years over here - I'm glad they are doing the trick for him!:)

Linda M. Cain said...

Ginny's comment was wonderful. Love the latest artwork...the colors, the paper, everything. VERY
nice!
Get better Rick! Keep that bubble in place!
Linda

Pam said...

Rick really KNOWS that the way to a man's heart *or in his case EYE* is through his stomach and that cream horns are an especially good conduit. I'm glad to hear that he's hungry - that's a good sign in a man - shows that he's not TOO under the weather. Keep us posted, Wendi. Hugs to both of you.

Margie Higuchi said...

Ditto! So happy to hear that the surgery went well!! Hope today's appointment was just the icing on the cake...eh, cream horns! LOL!! Hugs to you for being the brave one :0)!!!

Renee77 said...

Poor Hubby I hope everything turns out fine for you. Three cream horns will make anyone feel better!!!

BethW said...

Of course-creme horns have remarkable curative powers! Smart man. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

That's terrible news about the retinal detachment, but so glad he was able to get it treated. It's one of those devastating can strike anytime horrible things :-(
I'm not even sure what a creme horn is, but it sounds like exactly the sort of thing I would like to eat if I was incapacitated on a bed but with my appetite intact!
Lovely creations Wendy, hope some creating brings you some stress relief.