here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

quick custom embellishment...

This is hanging off a...?????

YIKES...I better not show it...

But...I can show this...

I needed something small and square to add to a CHA project...
I like custom stuff...
*
Hmmm...what could I do?
*
Enter...Ranger's Memory frames...with the new "cute as snot" memory capsules.
*
I cut the pin part off Maya Road's trinket pin & used just the cool leaf. It was a perfect fit for the 1 inch square memory capsule.

YIPPEE!
Just exactly what I needed...small, square & perfect coordinating color.
I LOVE it when things fit as planned.........
*
Here's the simple how to...
*Cut a 1 x 1 square of cardstock & stamp a background...
I think studio 490 would look the best...
but that's just my opinion! ha!
*
*Cut the sharp metal from the pin
*
*Glue the leaf to the center of the cardstock square
*
*Make sure nothing is larger than the glass
*
*From the bottom...layer a piece of memory glass, your art & the memory capsule on top
*
*Lift the tiny tab on the side of the memory frame & open the frame just enough to allow you to insert the art sandwich
*
*Insert the tab back into the slot & close
*
I cut off the rings that came attached to the frame & used 2 jump rings to attach the memory collage to my...??? ART!
To embellish the bottom ring, I used a washer, a long fastener and a spinner.
*
It couldn't be easier...
***
Some of you have been asking about sneak peeks of new studio 490 stamps...I'm HAPPY that you're excited too!
***
I'm just saying...
if you've been paying attention...
***
And that special announcement is coming later this week...
Something that you've asked for...
it's "in the works" as we speak...
my part is done...I THINK!
I'm EXCITED...very excited to tell you the juicy details!
***
I'm just saying...later this week...
stay tuned and
make art!
wendy
ps...THANKS from the bottom of my heart for the SWEET comments & emails about my last post. I sincerely appreciate it!

2 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Wendy, I just made an embellishment using this. I'll be postingthe layou later this week on my blog. It turned out cute. I am going to be hanging onto the computer for your big news.

Shelley Haganman said...

Very cute!