here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

inspiration is EVERYWHERE...

it REALLY is and here's the proof...

Tina works @ Scrapaganza & decided @ the last minute to take the Maya Road 4 inch binder class...
but... she didn't have her craft sheet with her.

So...she grabbed a 12 x 12 chipboard to use as her work surface & to protect the table.

Toward the end of the class, when I was walking around,
this caught my eye...

portions of studio 490 stamps, distress ink...black archival ink...


It was Tina's chipboard...

I immediately saw a wonderful background & showed everyone...
then told Tina, that I would save it & make something...a card...whatever...

Guess what?
She did...and she showed me...

Here's Tina's art...it's wonderful!



Click for a closer look & you'll see the background which could have easily been banished to the trash.

The moral of today's story?

Waste NOTHING!
See the potential, then...

Make art!
wendy
ps...THANKS for sharing Tina! GREAT job!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd never thought much about what was "behind" what I was doing - the overruns of stamps & inks & all - until I received an exchange in AllThingsTim. Nancy had used paper towels to wrap my little book in - paper towels that had been used to absorb those spillovers & such. They're beautiful creations in themselves!
This is a good reminder, Wendy, to keep our eyes open to the art that's everywhere ...

Lori said...

That is awesome! What a creative idea! It was an AWESOME class!

Linda M. Cain said...

TINA!!!! WOW!!! Terrific card.
And the background...to dye(sp) for! Great job!

Linda

Tina said...

WOW..thanks Wendy for posting I wasn't expecting that. Hope you can come INSPIRE us again!! You ROCK :)

meganklauer said...

WooHoo! Way to go Tina! Awesome use of "scraps"! TFS

D's Paper Studio said...

Great Job, Tina

Angela said...

Super cool Tina! WTG!