here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

take one of these and 4 of these....

add few more ingredients, pictured below...

you'll also need some scraps of grungeboard & grungePAPER & peeled paint distress ink...


Now you can make this...



here's how...............

Stamp 4 studio 490 leaves onto grungeboard, cut out & ink the fronts & backs with dusty concord.

Using Jet black archival ink, stamp a studio 490 background stamp on all the backs...

Punch one tab from grungePAPER...
ink with dusty concord...& stamp with a background stamp...

Edge each piece, using Ranger's gold paint dabber...

I LOVE that it's so simple...and it dries quickly...
I like that since I have zero patience...

The finishing touch is a few squirts of Perfect Pearls.
I used sunflower sparkle...

It's mixed with water in a mini mister...just mist, then dry it with the heat tool...

Once mixed with water...the sparkly Perfect Pearls are set...no special fixative is needed...

no mess like glitter...I like that a lot...

Sunflower sparkle is my favorite...
but then so are turquoise...perfect gold...and I can't leave our heirloom gold...

HEY...
this is MY BLOG!

I can have as many favorites as I want! ha!

Here's a closer look...



Once again...

a reminder...

Look past the obvious...the leaf...

and see the potential...it's FUN!!

And speaking of fun...

Here's a little teaser for the art chicks attending Scrap St. Louis...

A box FULL of Ranger goodness...it just arrived yesterday...




Want to see what's inside???



Hmmm........too bad..
I guess the photo doesn't show everything.
You'll just have to come to St. Louis to see it all...

I hear that there are some openings...
I hope you can join us...
I'm expecting a GREAT weekend!
There will be...
Lots of workshops...lots of SHOPPING, lots of friends & laughs...
lots of good food...YEA!! NO COOKING!!!
Did I mention LOTS of SHOPPING?????????
And one more thing...
I'm certain we'll all....
Make ART!
wendy



7 comments:

KAT said...

Wendy this flower is fabulous and from a leaf and tab punch - you're inspiring!!!

Hey someone named Nancy from All things tim signed up for the cruise because she met you in Columbus and thought you were a sweety... See we like you - we really do!

Anonymous said...

Another thing to make once my grungepaper order arrives! :-) The flower is beautiful!

*waving* Hi, KAT! I doubt Wendy will forget about meeting me any time soon ... I was such a "OMG!" geek! ;o) I promise to behave (well, sort of) on the cruise, Wendy. (uh huh ... sure )

Mila said...

Your flower is simply gorgeous :)!
Hugs,
Mila :)

borcherding said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! A box of Ranger goodies?!! WHY do you have to be such a tease?? Seriously. Do you love to torture or what's the deal? Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks and CREATE!!

Sharon Margiotta said...

You are a tease! I think we should have a challenge ... throw whatever at Wendy and see how she makes a flower out of it ... because you do see a flower in everything!!Luv that about you!

tanyal said...

Wow!! Your blog is amazing and so inspiring!! I'm drooling over your various projects!! Thanks!

Escape said...

Flowers out of everything--you crack me up! :-) I haven't gotten one of those punches yet cuz I'm afraid I might not be able to do it with my hands. May just have to have John do it for me!