here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, April 30, 2009

pigment and distress inks

When I was packing up class supplies for this weekend's art adventure...I spotted Ranger's snow cap white pigment ink...

hmmm...

TEMPTATION...

I couldn't resist...I NEEDED just a few minutes to play...

Here's the result... technique info below...




Using snow cap white PIGMENT ink, stamp your image...studio 490 of course...on a manilla tag.

HEAT DRY...it takes just a few seconds...

Then using the blending tool, with distress inks, rub over the entire image, until it pops.

At first it doesn't look like it will work...

TRUST ME...it does!

Keep adding ink & you'll see the magic happen right before your eyes!

For the sample above...
the heart is worn lipstick
the polka dot background is faded jeans
the gingham strip is peeled paint &
the small flower is mustard seed.

By adding just one more ink (white pigment)
you get another whole color pallette from the distress inks.
I love the possibilities!

Love that crochet trim?? I sure DO...I don't ever want to run out!
I bought enough to wrap around the whole house!

It's new from Maya Road.
You'll be seeing it on LOTS of my samples...COOL STUFF!

Back to packing...

glad I took a few minutes to...

make art!
wendy
ps...I just talked with Sharon from Buffalo Stamps & Stuff...wow! Full classes...lots of make & takes...
Sure sounds like a great weekend to me!

5 comments:

Valonda L. said...

I just got the new crochet trim from Maya Road too. I'm with you, I don't ever want to run out. It's beautiful!

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY cute! Got me some trim, too!

borcherding said...

So pretty Wendy!!!

joanne (spagirl) said...

hi wendy!
just wanted to pop in and say hi... and tell you just how much i enjoyed your classes at sharon's this past weekend! i had been in a creative rut, if you will... and was just so inspired by you and your work! thank you for coming to WNY and sharing so much with us!! (i know you met a ton of people... i'm the one who made the "love" bird!!) hope to see you soon! :)

Escape said...

Wouldn't you know I just put in a MR order last week?! Now I need to make another one just to get some of the crocheted trim! Enabler!!! LOL!

Did your stow-away get to go after all? :-)