here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

art for men...

continuing on with more ...

NEW STAMPS!

this set is titled...
art for men...

starting with "the boy" on the left...
with his hand out, he can hold ANYTHING...
a fish...an umbrella...a sign...just a word or number...

I am IN LOVE with "the guy with the cane"...
he fits in with vintage & steampunk...
LOVE his boots...
he is the focal point of a very fun project that I'll show you later...

"the fish" are fun to stamp with archival ink,
then over-stamp using Perfect Pearls Mist...
that places the shimmer just where you would expect to see it on a real fish...

the "mini mustache" is so fun & fits several faces that are coming soon...
as well as this face & this face too...

it also works as a...??? yikes...
that's coming soon too...

and "the flourish" on the bottom works well in collages...
since it's a solid image, it's fun to KISS it with other stamps to totally change the look...

*** and here's the best part***
the top 5 images all have coordinating art parts...


this new art parts set is called...
OUTDOOR ART...

here's what the actual package looks like...
so you can see what's included...

there are 2 umbrellas...
2 different sizes,
which can be inked then stamped with any background stamp...
and if you look @ the art...
once again I used wild honey distress stain and stamped with vermillion archival...
can you say...addicted...

I also used the distress stains once again over tim's kraft resist paper...
addicted...

the 2 fish are sized to fit the stamps above...

the fence = fun...
LOVE the bird in black or any ink color...he looks good stamped with a background too...
and the lamp post...
this looks so cool when used with my residences art parts...
with outdoor scenes...
or in a collage...
or with the guy with the cane shown above...

as you know I totally love flowers...

but let me tell you that I have had fun playing with these guys...

talk to me...

gotta run now...

time for me to...

make art!
wendy

37 comments:

SusanK said...

Perfect!!!! These are going to be so cool for masculine projects! I think DH was beginning to feel left out. lol All my female friends and family get cool stuff made using Studio 490 stamps and art parts.

sue said...

My husband is a Fisherman. I can think of lots of ways to use these sets. Thanks!

Susan Leslie said...

These are so amazing, I will just have to have them all. In fact along with Tim you are one of my favorite artists, I love your work and products. I am so happy, thank you.

texasbarb said...

These new stamps look like they have a LOT of possibilities. What FUN!!

Nancy Wethington said...

ADORE the fish! And no one ever does fish. Can't wait to get my hands on these!

michelle said...

Oh so wonderful . . and those art parts are to die for!

Becky T. said...

my one thought for these... BRILLIANT! :-)

Hels Sheridan said...

ooh brollies... love them!!! and yep, NEED them!!! x

TheLastOfNine said...

I am in love with that mini mustache, so adorable and fun!!!
Gloria

Debby said...

I like what I see. The little boy would be cool with a newspaper in his hand. I like the idea of adding the shimmer to the fish. Very clever!

Candy C said...

Wendy...these are awesome! The new stamps for men and the coordinating Art Parts...really cool. Love the fish! And the vintage little boy running....LOVE it! <3 Candy

Unknown said...

wow, i am LOVING the outdoors artparts! i'm a little obsessed with umbrellas...so yeah, i will need those!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow all this exciting news, I need more art parts. Wish I was at CHA so I could hold all these products LOL. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Too cool! Great for male family members and friends. Way to go Wendy. Thanks for sharing.
Gail in Oklahoma

Helen said...

Now all I need is a man in my life - well, maybe. Been there done that as they say.... however, these are WAY cool props.

Lilyteaka said...

can you not just see the guy with the cane doing the whole
'singing in the rain' theme!!!

Lori said...

Eek! LOVE all of these! Awesome stamps and ART PARTS! Yeah, baby!

Marjie Kemper said...

OMG these are fantastic! We NEED more men stamps and that boy with the arm extended is fantastic! Cannot wait to play with the new stamps!!!

Larajc said...

these would be great for masculine cards, something I find I have not enough of in my stash that suits the man-population.

Nicole said...

You almost made me cry I love them so much! Fish are my FAVORITE and are hard to find in realistic forms. I can't wait for these! I want them now!!!!

jan metcalf said...

Love the stache!

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fun set these are! Need them both asap!

Larissa Heskett said...

YEAH!! Wendy you are AWESOME!! I LOVE the country art set~~so excited!! I can't wait to play!! The stamps and the art parts are going to be perfect for my country loving boys!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)

Kristy Hansenwi said...

Not that I am a fishing kind--but love the fish....and i can see lots of uses for the fence--halloween and christmas.....Or a new house card....what fun.....ksh

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Love these too!!!! So much fun!!! I have Ideas :-)) If you flip that mustache around, it could be leaves.

libbym said...

LOVE these!!!!

Dorothy said...

Wendy...the possibilities are endless!!!

Cher said...

u are forcing me to get a job...NOT FUNNY! I want these too! man..u and Tim are killing me! LUVE!!

Mary Luxa said...

Stop, stop, stop!!! My husband says if I buy any more, I'll have to move!!! Love the fish stuff.

Kathy Sheely said...

Looks like some amazing new stamps here....looking forward to using some. Thanks for your inspiration.

slbt17 said...

keep them coming ....
Sandra ltb

Brenda said...

You just make me happy Wendi! Loving all the new stuff!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Ohhhh, lovin these!! They will be perfect for all my little fisherman grandsons!!

Scrapycandy said...

This was designed for me...yes I'm sure...just what I wanted. Thank you!

bethann said...

LOVE the cane guy, and the lamp post, and the pen nib... and well you get the idea

2amscrapper said...

my fave is the guy with the cane

the jocker said...

I will just have to have them all. In fact along with Tim you are one of my favorite artists, I love your work and products

xl pharmacy