here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, July 2, 2011

sentimental Saturday...

thanks a MILLION for the sweet comments & emails...
I'm thrilled that you like what you've seen so far...
guess what?

there's LOTS more...

now about those rulers & labels...
we'll get to them soon...
I promise...
ps...they're cute!

ok...the reveal continues...

today we have another LARGE art parts frame...

this package is titled...
"sweetheart frames"...

included in the package are...
2 of the solid bases...
2 of the heart frames, with the cutout...
and 2 of the cutout pieces, which are 2 inches x 5 inches...

so 6 pieces total in the package...

use each piece alone...
or layer them like I did in the sample below...

there are tons of uses for the cutout pieces...

the frame is about 8 inches x 8 inches, @ the widest points...
so lots of working space...

the art parts scallops are sized to work with these frames...
the large & the mini both fit...

all art parts are designed to mix & match easily...



here's a sample...

I covered this "sweetheart frame" with tim's kraft resist paper, then inked it with the distress stain...

I've had quite a few requests to talk about how to use the stains on art parts & the resist paper...

basically, once you activate the stain flow, by gently pressing the stain bottle to the craft sheet...(that opens the little valve inside)
simply...swipe... & stain right over the surface...

you'll see that because the stains are so fluid, they go on dark & when dry, the color lightens up a lot...

sometimes you'll see streaks too...
but once the surface dries, the result is pure awesomeness...

you can intensify the color by adding one layer of stain...
drying, then going over the surface again with another layer of stain...

these stains are the reason I designed large art parts...
they make it so simple to cover a large area quickly...
then, just go back & add shading/distressing with the distress inks, using the blending tool...
distress stains & distress inks are the PERFECT inking combo...

and I told you I was addicted to wild honey stain with vermillion archival ink stamped over it...
I wasn't kidding...
here it is again...


moving on to NEW studio 490 STAMPS...

I have peeked this guy several times...


introducing...

"sentimental art"...



included in this set are 5 sayings...

they can all be used as is, or there are some words that can be used alone...

the ticket is an actual vintage ticket we found @ an antique store...
I like it lots...

and @ the bottom of the storage sheet...
my newest favorite (at least for today) giant background stamp...

this stamp is a piece of a curtain we found in Rick's aunt's home...
the curtain was so old if you touched it, it tore very easily...
but for some unknown reason, I saved a square of it & tossed the rest in the trash...
that was about 10 years ago...
way before studio 490 existed...
fate that I saved it?
or preserving the past?

or possibly just sentimental?

that's it for sentimental Saturday...

I hope these NEW art parts & stamps will spark you (JULY 4th...get it?) to...

make art!
wendy

38 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this time of year and seeing all the great new ideas coming out soon - Soo much talent - I cant even wrap my brain around your creativity - But sure glad I have someone to be my inspiration! - thanks!

Scrapthat said...

The curtain stamp is FABULOUS! I was going to say that it looked like upholstery fabric! GOOOORRRRGeous! TFS!

slbt17 said...

perfect ....
Sandra ltb
Happy 4th all!

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh SIGH....Loving this stuff!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Loving it!! Curtain stamp is awesome!! And the little bird on the piece, art parts? Happy 4th Wendy!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I collect hearts so this Art Parts is perfect for my collection and I love love that net background stamp. Beautifully decorated Art Part too. Tracy x

ellen vargo designs said...

Wow! Loving the gi-normous art parts frames and this stamp set will be a must have! That background is GORgeous! Keep those peeks coming! Loving them all so far!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Gorgeous project and I LOVE, really LOVE this stamp set.

MA said...

Love the curtain background and these first two peeks! I saved a set of 70 year old "Priscilla" curtains..good for texture. Is there a "Packrats United" group out there?

Hels Sheridan said...

One word.....

NEED!!!!!!

Another Word...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally a word...

(or two)

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!

xx

Marijane said...

Oh these new stamps and parts have "sparked" me alright! My imagination is running wild with the new reveals. Bring on some more...

Dorothy said...

great stamps and parts!!!!

sue said...

I love the curtian stamp and the large art parts. Bigger is always better.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that background stamp and the frame is fab too.

Debby said...

Oh I love that stamp set. Thank you for saving that piece of curtain. It makes a beautiful stamp. The heart frame is way cool too! Happy 4th of July to you and Rick.

SusanK said...

Leave it to you to continue incorporating the past with the presnt. Love the background stamp lots!

Vic said...

I think I'm going to have to give up haircuts, shoes, treats, etc. LOL I have loved it all so far.

Gail Bales said...

Love, love, love the stamps and the project. I am so going to the poor house-lol.
Gail in Oklahoma

Jackib said...

Wendy - you continue to amaze and inspire!! Loving these sneak peeks but will love even more when these art parts and stamps make their way to my home. ; )

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

I love the new Art Parts. But I am in LOVE with your Sentimental Art stamps. In particular with your new large stamp based on Rick's Aunt's curtain. That is just so beautiful. I can't wait to try it out!

Elaine Allen

texasbarb said...

LOVE the frame. LOVE the stamps. Would LOVE to have them right NOW!!

Helen said...

I'm with Hels - this one is going straight to the top of my wish list. Love those sentiments - but the background - oh, I think I've died and gone to heaven. Thank goodness you saved that scrap... just shows you should NEVER chuck anything out... Have a great 4th July weekend.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very lovely heart frame and great new stamp set!

Kathy Eddy said...

So glad you kept the square cuz this is such a beautiful stamp. Gotta have it! Love the huge art parts frames too1

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!!! Love them both!!! Buying the stamp set so that I have that background will have to be first!!!!

rhonda said...

I am really excited about your new releases Wendy, I am always in awe of your work! Happy 4th of July!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

Love the bigger art parts. I will be getting some once at the LSS. THe heart is so darn cute. THank you for sharing once again--happy weekend. ksh

Gillian .... said...

Seriously Wendy can it get any better, loving these new larger AP and all the new stamps ... trouble is I NEED them all.

jill said...

I am loving the curtain background stamp....lush,lush!! Can't wait for more!!!!!

Theresa said...

Each peek is better than the one before!!

Nannie of 3 said...

Love the stamps Wendy, they are a must have! Thanks for the peek...love CHA time for all the sneek peaks and planned buying.

Minxy said...

Well thank goodness i've gone back to work, gonna need a whole wedge of cash for this little lot aren't I! lol

marci said...

I love the background stamp - I already have an idea for a card. Love the sneak peeks of the art parts - thanks for sharing!

connier said...

The curtain stamp is amazing. Can't wait to get my ink on it.

Lori said...

Cool new art part! But..oh my gawd, I just saw my new fave background stamp, how cool!

Leonie said...

love how you have taken these ordinary things and made them spectacular

Gail LaCroix said...

I am so in love with the Sentimental Art Stamp Set!!!! The phrases are wonderful, the ticket is fantastic, and the curtain fabric background stamp is fabulous! I most definitely will have to save for this one!

Nancy D. said...

I love the Sentimental Art Stamp Set...a must have!