here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Sunday, July 3, 2011

locked in the studio...

well not actually...
it doesn't have a door...
LOL...

I still have LOTS to get done before I leave on the 17th...

YIKES...that's just 2 weeks from today...

which explains this mini post...


I'll leave you with this...

I do LOVE tim's Adirondack Color Washes on art parts...

just a quick blast of the color...
dry & you're ready to stamp...


and here's a peek @ the end result...
with a few NEW peeks...



*** my newest tool addiction***

it drills thru metal & ART PARTS like they are tissue paper...
it makes perfect holes for jump rings & fasteners too...
I like that the holes have perfect edges...

I used this 4 times yesterday alone...

GREAT TOOL! you'll like it too!

I'll be back on Tuesday morning with LOTS more reveals...
new stamps & new art parts too...

A HUGE thanks to our wonderful military for keeping us safe & allowing us to celebrate JULY 4th!

I sincerely appreciate my freedom to...

make art!
wendy
ps...my other newest addiction...
vintage door knobs...
be still my heart...OMG...
if you find one or 12...grab them...
I made something really fun...
I'll show you soon.

16 comments:

Marijane said...

Art Part + Color Wash + Perfect Pearls Mist = Shimmery Scrumptiousness! I'm glad to hear that you like the drill punch. I've been trying to decide whether I really needed to invest in another tool since I have several types of hole punches already, and I couldn't tell from package how it would work.
Hope you and Rich have a wonderful, relaxing 4th of July and that you find a minute or two to make ART!

texasbarb said...

You are such a tease! Can't wait to see the next peeks!

Happy 4th to you and yours!

Helen said...

Gorgeous sneak peak today. looks like it all means more spending.... have a good day.

SusanK said...

Hope your a/c is on high...I'm sure you'll be cranking out the artwork and will be needing it! The sneak peeks are looking so good I am sure I'll continue to stay in the poorhouse. Oh well, somebody has to help stimulate the economy!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

I think I need me some colorwash.

Debby said...

Forgot about the color washes. Will have to play with those. Love the sneak peeks!

Vic said...

Fun place to be "locked" in! LOL

Dorothy said...

I wanna see what you made with the doorknob!!!
Happy 4th!!

Art By Wanda said...

I totally love the shape of that new art part flower!!!! I bought the Tim drill when I was at his classes in Kansas and hadn't even thought about art parts... that is a fabulous idea!!!! So that must be an arch shaped art part... love it!!!! Happy 4th to you and Rick!!!

france papillon said...

love the picture of your home, i thought that was all you planned to show us lol! i'm in the vintage knob thing as well. how about a vintage knob art part? ;)

sue said...

Happy 4th of July! Don't work to hard.

Marilyn L. said...

WOW! A drill punch - need one now! Love the Sentimental art stamps - need one now! Sweetheart Frames - need one now! So much new stuff and so little time.

Happy 4th!

slbt17 said...

happy 4th to you too Wendy = love the peek!
Sandra ltb

Cher said...

lmao! luv door knobs too ...and love this!

Lilyteaka said...

i was just shopping too!!!! i will have to go back in August for door knobs!

S.E.B & J.A.D. said...

pharmacy

You're an artist! indeed. We're happy to find your blog, it wasn't easy enough 'cos there are to many websites with this topic, but we had read an article (in other blog...) regarding your work... so... here we are reading and thinking across your ideas