here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, July 14, 2011

believe in art...

here we go...

NEW studio 490 stamp set #11...

"believe in art"...

I loaded up this sheet with so many images that we had to put some sideways on the storage sheet...
YIKES...it's a stamp overload!

the tour starts on the left...

another flea market find...
this "vintage ad" has so many elements/words that can be used alone...
you can bet I'll be using "plants & flowers" as a sign...
the mini clothes are fun to cut out & layer for dimension...
this works with the steampunk craze too...

"she opened her eyes"...
a fun saying for altered projects...

"who you are"...
simple but true...
I used this framed in the square art parts book plate for one of the projects in book #5...
this is a good stamp for using the individual words...
and it's fun to color in the open letters...

"she always felt different from the others"...
another fun saying for edgy art...
I *think* I'm liking the word edgy...
do you?

"she was certain she could, so she did"...
I wanted more sayings to use with faces, birds & butterflies...

it's also good for a graduation card...
promotion @ work etc...

"she believed she could be"...
another fun altered art saying...
like above, good for a graduation card...
promotion @ work etc...
or just a pep talk...

and finally..."normandy lace"...
another vintage find...
this is a large background/border...
good for stamping on a large area or use it as a background stamp for small art parts pieces...

here's "believe in art"...
the set with the sideways stamps...


moving on to #11 art parts package...

this is called "potpourri of parts"...
and it is LOADED with 20 art parts...

as you can see, there are flowers, a stem with leaves that can be used with these flowers or any flower...

the leaves @ the top are sized for these stamps, or they can be stamped with any background stamp for unlimited possibilities...

I LOVE the layered lamps...
I love them so much I HAD to do 2...
one smaller than the other...

same with the flower pots...IN LOVE...

and the flourishes...I thought we needed 2 sizes...

this is indeed...
a potpourri of parts!
oops... WAIT... the bottle...
it's 5 1/8th inches tall...

it was designed to fit the new SERUM OF ART label...

I like to ink it, then crackle it with tim's rock candy crackle paint...
and then to make a seal with Ranger's Memory Foil Tape...

here's a mini peek of a project I made for tim's Advantus booth...

.

the editing is DONE for book #5...YIPPEE...
(yuck job!)

I'll get the BOOK prototypes @ CHA...
can't wait to see it in person...

and I'll try my best to snag one to give away here...

the cover looks like this...
with the SERUM of ART label I mentioned above...



after CHA, the art adventure starts again...

first stop is a brand new store for me with a cute name...
it's Cafe Crop...

it's located in Crown Point, Indiana, which I understand is not too far from Chicago...

so I can drive! I LOVE that!

I hope to see some Illinois & Michigan friends there too...
since this seems to be a good central midwest location...

Here's a link to the classes...
just scroll down to see them...
hope you can join the inky fun on Friday evening August 12th & on Saturday August 13th...

after that, I head farther east to The Stamping Place...
it's in West Columbia South Carolina...
a GREAT store...
an awesome classroom...
& a fun staff!


tomorrow is FINALE FRIDAY...
the last of the new stamp sets...
and the last art part reveal...
kind of sad that's it's over...

I *think* Friday's frame is my most favorite art parts LARGE frame...

and that's why I saved it for last...

thanks for stopping by & leaving comments & sending emails...
I LOVE hearing your thoughts...

see you tomorrow...
for FINALE FRIDAY...

I'll show you a project
that will bring back memories & I HOPE...
make you laugh...

until then...

make art!
wendy

31 comments:

Lesley said...

Lovin the pot pourri art parts!!!!
Kinda sad its the last day tomorrow....but sooo excited as well, because it means we'll soon beable to get our mitts on your gorgeous new stuff!!!
So Wendy.....when are you going to pack a bag and come teach over in the UK????? Please!!

Cim Allen said...

The art parts are awesome, love the bottle and lamps !!! The set has some great sayings. You keep amazing me with your awesomeness :) Thanks Wendy for all your goodies and inspiration, not just now but all year !!

Kathy Eddy said...

More greast stuff! You will be very busy at CHA and then teaching in Indy. Have fun!

Vic said...

Love those art parts! The lamps are great! The stamp set is a goodie, too!

Tara C. said...

Loving the new art part set -- I see more than lamps and pots!!! What a great release this summer!!!

Barbara said...

I see lots of new good things here! Lots of good things to get our creativity going! Wow!

Theresa said...

Fantastic art parts!!! LOVE the book!! Can't wait to see the stamps in real life!!! WOO HOO! See you at Cafe Crop!

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh Wendy!! I am sad its OVER, but my CHECK BOOK is needing time to recover from the thought of how much all of this stuff is going to set it back!! =} I can't wait to see what you have in store for us tomorrow!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!! =)

michelle said...

Wendy I am sad that is over because I know you always save the best for last. . .and oh my list is really really long already!

Nancy said...

LOVE this stamp set! The wordings are wonderful - oh, the ideas of ways to use these!
And you'll be in IN while we're at Stampaway - boo! Why aren't you at Stampaway? Or IN on another weekend?? Or why can't I clone myself??? *sigh*

grandmabertie said...

Great new stamps and art parts. Looking forward to purchasing them when they come out! I hope you offer a class in the Clearwater,FL area sometime (across the bridge from Tampa). Looking forward to Finale Friday! Off to make art . .

Tona said...

And my shopping list grows lol...

Debby said...

Love this set too. The art parts are so cool. Drar cannot go to those classes in Indiana. Leaving for vacation then. Well maybe another weekend.

Helen said...

I love today's reveal... those art parts are a MUST. Can't believe we've got to the end - I was having so much fun - so am looking forward to tomorrow.

rhonda said...

Really love your project for tim's booth Wendy! And so excited for your stamps!

SusanK said...

I do believe my financial status is about to take a huge hit! Let's just hope my creative status is there for the ride!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

Love the new art parts....especially the pots....great for a garden book. thank you --ksh

Karenliz Henderson said...

I just love all the new arts parts and these stamp sets I think are my favorite!

Dorothy said...

The stamps are the best and the "parts" are to die for!!

Becky T. said...

I will reach my credit limit once this all comes out! Love it!! :-)

Art By Wanda said...

I need more art time so I can use all the art parts I already have so I won't feel guilty buying all the new ones which I know I will NEED!!!! Not to mention all the stamps to go with them!!!! Love the cover of book 5 and am looking forward to the book and seeing all the projects!!!! Book 5!!! It's hard to believe you are up to #5!!!!

Carole said...

Just adore your work , can't wait to get the new book !!! It is just so hard to wait for all the new CHA stuff :)

sue said...

I have been out of blog area for a week. So I am catching up. Love all the new art.

Anonymous said...

There isn't a stamp set or art part that I wouldn't want to have, so now it's a matter of trying to prioritize and get a wish list going. But honestly, I want them all!

Kirsten Alicia said...

I want everything! But especially the bottle, it's terrific. And yes, please, please come to the UK.

slbt17 said...

a lot of art waiting to be created with this release!
Sandra ltb

Cher said...

well...these are great...just spent money on art parts and stamps at Scrap Tales...which will be closeing by 8-10...another one bites the dust...now I will have NOWHERE to get your goodies in MI! So sad...and I want it ALL!

connier said...

Love, love, love the new stuff. My computer was down since Monday, so I had to catch up. Have to have the ruler art parts and stamps first, then who knows. Can't wait to see you at Cafe Crop.

Darla said...

Hi Wendy,
Was a treat to visit at CHA. We are so thrilled to bring your designs & product into our store. I know our customers will LOVE them. Thanks for being the person you are!!!
Darla

marti said...

My turn to win ! I'm sure everyone else will understand :)

Anonymous said...

It is impressive how vintage is getting popular specially those ads. Indian Pharmacy tries that kind of ads and it was a huge success.