here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

remnants of art...

hello!
today is rubber stamp set #10...

this is called "remnants of art"...

starting @ the top is a nice skinny border,
"star mending cotton"...
it has lots of elements that can be used alone...
like the mini star...just use a circle punch...simple...
the rectangle 225...
and more...
it has nice straight lines, so it can be stamped on grungeboard & cut out, to create a dimensional embellishment...

another "ruler"...
this guy also has a coordinating art part...
or you can just stamp it, as is, for a border...
stamp it multiple times to create a whole background...
use the numbers alone, to highlight an age or date...

"out on a limb"...
just a fun saying for our art...

"success"...
simple, but TRUE...

"big girl panties"...
a little EDGY & fun...

and a giant background...
"ribbons & lace goods"...
is is an ad from a 1903 magazine...
I flat out LOVE it...

here's... "remnants of art"...


today's new ART PARTS set is called...
doorplates & keys...

that large heart shaped key is big...
it's 4 1/2 inches tall...
the heart opening is a fun spot for a mini collage...

this set is loaded with fun accent pieces...


and when is a doorplate NOT a doorplate?
when it's the neck for a mustache wearing queen...



hmmm...what else?

OH...today I do the final edit on Book #5...
that means I check for my typos...
make sure I didn't say anything too goofy...

Matt has done an awesome job getting it all formatted...
I'm impressed...

since the book projects use the new large art parts...
that means bigger projects with more instructions...
so this book is a whopping 49 pages...

as with book #4, there will be a separate catalog included in the package...

on a personal note...
Rick's brother was transferred to a major medical center yesterday with a medical emergency...
he's in ICU, waiting for the biopsy to be done...
we're hoping for today or tomorrow...

sadly, this sounds like a very similar situation to what my brother developed last year...
we did get to speak with his MD last night, so it's just waiting now...

an update about my brother, since lots of you have asked...

he's done with chemo...
PET scans have been good...YIPPEE!!!
he's back to work...
he has some complications from the chemo, which are annoying, but NOT life threatening...

his attitude is GREAT...
he never complains EXCEPT...

about the GROUND SQUIRREL ruining his GARDEN!
LOL...
PRIORITIES...

thanks for asking...

ok I'll be back tomorrow with more new stamps & another art parts set...

'til then...

make art!
wendy

34 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh Wow!!!
Love it!

Minxy said...

doorplates and keys, YES PLEASE :O)

Lesley said...

Scrumptious!!!!
The keys and doorplates are a winner in my book!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

I'm absolutely lovin all the new stamps & art parts Wendy!! You have done an awesome job on this release!! Looking forward to seeing the rest!! They are all going to be so much fun to play with, can't wait!! Prayers to you & family for your BIL, glad to hear your brother is doing better!

france papillon said...

you're my hero! i can't even imagine how much weight i'll lose by not buying chocolat to save my money for this!

Cher said...

luv these too....I feel a huge hit to my credit card coming...again! I think the hubby may start with * Don't Wendy Me* lol..just a guess...glad your bro doing better...now Ricks turn to get better...ty for the update!

Gail Bales said...

Wendy!
Love it all! I am going to be flat broke. Praying for Ricks brother and yours. Can't wait until tomorrow.
Gail in Oklahoma

Nancy said...

Wendy, I'll continue to keep Rick's brother in my prayers - as well as yours. Thank you for the updates here!
I've run out of ways to say "WOW!" over all of your new stamps & Art Parts! They ALL rock! And, as usual, I'm going to have to get a second job 'cause I want it ALL!!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

Love the new art parts.....a new book should keep me busy for some time. thank you for the new ideas. I will keep your family in my thoughts. ksh

Debby said...

Love this stamp set too. The vintage ads are so cool. Hope you can teach again in Illinois so we can use some of these art parts in a class. Sorry to hear about Rick's brother. Hope he will be better soon. Glad your brother is doing better. Yes men and their gardens! We have one of those annoying pests that ate our bulbs!

Carol W. said...

Another fabulous release! I am looking for another job to cover the cost of everything I want from all the releases, so if you know of anyone hiring...LOL! Fantastic job again and again!

Cim Allen said...

Over the top cool ! Makes me want to leave work and go home and grab my art parts and play !!! This has been an awesome release Wendy !

StampDancer said...

EEEK! I can't wait to get my hands on these art parts and the new stamps! And I'm tickled to hear about the book - 49 pages will keep me busy for a little while :)

ellen vargo designs said...

Like others, I'm running out of ways to say WOW! The doorplates and keys are simply gorgeous, and beyond that they're just flat out COOL. You've out-done yourself Miss Wendy! CHA is almost here! Hope "Queenie" gets all this stuff SOON! :) ~ Ellen xx

Vic said...

Such great stamps! I'm excited to see Book #5. Prayers for your family.

grandmabertie said...

I love the new stamps and art parts. Love the keys, especially the big one. Cannot wait until they are in the store (of course, I have to though!) Have a great day!

Helen said...

Absolutely ROCKING today, Wendy! Love the stamps and the art parts so much.
Hope you get good news about Rick's brother soon, fingers crossed and it's good to hear the update on your brother too. Much love.

Tona said...

I have loved everything I've been seeing!!!
That's great news about your brother.

Lori said...

LOVE the bookplates and keys! And, yes, I love this stamp set too! That ruler is AWESOME!
Great news about your brother, bad about Rick's, but hopefully the report will be ok!

Art By Wanda said...

What cool art parts!!!! Oh, I like these a lot!!! And the stamps are fab!!! The queen with the mustache art piece is too funny!!! You just have to smile!!!

So sorry about Rick's brother... hopefully all will be well. I'm very glad your brother is doing so well!!!! Thanks for the update.

rhonda said...

Each I think this is the best stamp set and the next day rolls around and um no this set is the best! So glad to hear your brother is doing better.

jackib said...

more wendy goodness! love it all!!

SusanK said...

Another amazing stamp set and art parts! Kudos to your brother! Sorry to hear about Rick's brother. Cyber hugs and good vibes on their way...

Gillian .... said...

Another amazing sneak peak .. Door plates & Keys (be still my beating heart). Thinking of you & yours at this difficult time. x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

That stamp set and those art parts are truly my FAV so far...out of everything!! Seriously my absolute FAV!!!

marci said...

These are my favorites (so far)!

slbt17 said...

wow! these are cool!
Sandra ltb

Susan Leslie said...

Absolutely love all of these stamps and art parts, it is going to be hard to decide which I want first.
Oh and I'm sending you hugs, I hope all goes well with Ricks brother and I am glad to hear that your brother is doing well and done with that awful chemo.

2amscrapper said...

great new products!

Carla said...

Such a riot of goodness!! Love the mustache..all good and can't wait to hold them in my own hands. Thank you for such amazing samples..xo

Karen Goulet said...

Hi Wendy...
I have prayed for your brother and your brother-in-law and you and your family. I hope all will be well.

I love seeing your new creations. You are a wonder!
Karen :)

Anonymous said...

Two more "must-haves". You're killing me, LOL.

Carole said...

Lovin the lady with the mustache !! SO creative

marti said...

I don't sew...SO WHAT !!! Love the stamp set.