here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

introducing...

the "artful shrines" art parts frame...

here's another brand new large base for projects...

this guy is 5 3/4 inches wide @ the base & 8 inches tall...

there are 8 pieces in the "artful shrines" package...
2 solid art parts bases...
2 cut out frames...
2 of the cutouts &...
2 extra trim strips for the base...
because it makes the base thicker & like a little shelf...

again, like the other art parts ...
use one piece or layer them...

I used just the cutout with an art parts bookplate for a project...
hey...
it doesn't HAVE to be a bookplate...
it's actually, just a frame......

one more thought...

I rounded the top of the shrine to resemble a snow globe...
a GIANT snow globe...
I have an idea...


how about some NEW stamps next?

this set is called...

"label it art"...

starting @ the far left is a "distressed numbers border"...
it's long...5 1/2 inches...
use it as a border & an easy way to highlight a date or significant number...
use the whole stamp...
or just a portion...

next...the 3 labels...
these are a perfect fit for tim's corked vials...
or...this art parts ink bottle, from a previous release...

when designing, my goal is to add to current products, to refresh them with even more options...

the #35927...I needed a filler for a project...
this fit the bill...
are the numbers significant? NOPE...

next is the "warning stamp"...
my lawyer thought I should notify friends...
LOL...
it's true...rubber stamping IS addicting...

"this side up"...works for lots of things...
like mail art & more...
it can be funny too...
you'll see soon...

the "love potion label" fits the art parts ink bottle & this bottle stamp & again...
tim's corked vials...
the label is good for lots of occasions...
wedding, anniversaries, Valentine's Day...

"serum of art..."
this is pretty much everything I say in classes...
read it & laugh...
but YOU KNOW...
it is all true!
you can use just a portion or a word from this stamp too...

I *think* you'll be seeing a new large bottle art part that is a perfect fit for "serum of art"...
coming soon to a blog near you...

and the last one is a "notice to the IRS..."
art supplies NEED to be tax deductible...
it's as simple as that!
AGREE?

I don't do politics, but maybe we should all write our congressmen & tell them our thoughts on art supplies...

and here's the stamp set...


I used the "artful shrine" and new stamps to make this...



I liked it so much that this is the cover art for book #5...
I haven't seen it yet...I'm patiently waiting...
I'll show you as soon as I get it...

ok...that's my thoughts...
what are yours?

as always...

make art!
wendy

41 comments:

SusanK said...

Be still my beating heart...I am over the moon high with the thrill of these new stamps and art parts!

Scrapthat said...

Oh my gosh! Your done up Artful shrine is GORGEOUS! I love it! What a great way to showcase one's ART!
TFS! Very cool!

Marijane said...

Your Art Shrine is perfectly gorgeous and it is only fitting that it should "grace" the cover of your next book! So far I love all that I have seen and can't wait for more.

Primitive Seasons said...

Oh Wendy, this last project is gorgeous. I HAVE to make it! It will look so neat on the wall in my studio. You are just soooooo creative with these new products. When? When?

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Carol W. said...

ohhh I like this one a lot! Beautiful project, TFS

Tara C. said...

Since joining this fabulous cult all my friends have told me I need to be in therapy-- now I'll have a stamp to fit the bill!! No pun intended !!

Debby said...

I'm loving what I see. Gee now I have another favorite set of stamps that I have to get. Trying hard to get a job so I can get these new things!

france papillon said...

my DH suggest you adopt me, so i'll stop talking about the talented Lady Wendy and all those gorgeous new stuff you're working on! all i'm seeing today makes me want to ask: will you adopt me, please?

Anonymous said...

Oh my you really know how to build up the excitement don't you! It all looks fantastic!

Vic said...

Each peek is amazing!

ellen vargo designs said...

You're blowing me away! Love the big art part shrine AND this stamp set - MUST have.... ASAP! :)

Minxy said...

More stunning supplies to temp us now all I need is to win the lotto so I can afford it all lol

Kristy Hansenwi said...

OMG----I love this. The snow globe idea will be fun. Gotta figure out a way to really shake some "stuff" in it so it really works. Can't wait. Love the numbers on the new stamp set.

ksh

Helen said...

I am in love with the shrines - and the stamps are fab too! REally need my lottery numbers to come up now.... some hopes! The snow globe idea sounds fab... can't wait!

Lori said...

These are ALL fabulous! Really love all the new sayings, and those art parts? Holy cow!

rhonda said...

Totally loving your new stamps!

Wilma said...

Wow, love them, want them and sure need them!!!!

Nancy D. said...

Loving it all...!

Gillian .... said...

I'm sooo loving all these new larger art part bases, right up my street, but all the other addition of art parts are a must as is the new stamps ... better start saving lol. as always Wendy you are an INSPIRATION!

Karen Goulet said...

Beautiful as always...just like you! Karen :)

libbym said...

These are awesome!! I love the long number border .. perfect for
A2 cards!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh my...these are wonderful. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Kris Anderson, The Avid Reader said...

I just love these new art parts. I have been wanting to do shrines, but did not want to purchase a metal one. I love the bigger size of the new art parts. How long do we have to wait for them?????? Too long . . .

Cim Allen said...

I don't even know where to start. I love the stamp set .. the large art part base is awesome ! When will these hit the stores, I have to have some ! I want to shop :)

Cher said...

just in love with this wendy...so very very clever and cool...wish I could have the set AND your project NOW! u know how I HATE TO WAIT! gonna put that on a tshirt soon I think...keep it comin...making my list! xo

jan metcalf said...

awesome art!

Marilyn L. said...

great idea for a cover - IRS should look out - you are being attacked by the "art" world!

Mary Luxa said...

Wendy, love, love, love the "Elixer of Muse" stamp and the IRS one. i work with some IRS folks . . . hm . . . wonder if they will have a sense of humor??? Probably not. Your stuff just gets better and better, and the great thing is, it all works together. Thanks!

Hels Sheridan said...

Need them... ALL!!! In fact, I should just say I need everything NOW and I am trying to be patient but that so isn't working at the moment!!! COngrats again Wendy... awesome art!!! x

Wendy Jo said...

Yes, art supplies do need to be tax deductable. Every think of running for office Wendy?

Penci said...

This one totally ROCKS! Can't wait for the art parts and stamps!

sue said...

I can see the shrine with some old photos in it. This is the best so far.

Kate Burroughs said...

Wow, what a fabulous project. And love those stamps. Can't wait to see all the new stuff!
Aloha, Kate

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wow!! This is so cool!! I need it all! Can't wait to see what else you have done! Outstanding Wendy!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

fantastic!! Lets see more!!

texasbarb said...

LOVE IT!!! Love the stamps. Love the Art Parts. Gotta have'em!!

michelle said...

Love this and I think your peaks get better and better! How am I ever going to pick? I want it all

Candy C said...

Wendy...these are fabulous! LOVE THEM and will HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!! <3 Candy

Lilyteaka said...

fantastical!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Love it all!!!!

slbt17 said...

WOW!
Sandra ltb