here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Arizona ART and a tip...

Next stop on this art adventure (YIPPEE...it's next week) is Frenzy Stamper in Arizona.

Debbie Bick (the owner) asked for something extra artsy for her customers.

I had heard that "inchies" were really popular there, so I wanted to to be sure to incorporate some in the class.

Here's what we'll be creating in an 8 inch square BLACK frame.



This class uses lots of products. The background is made with distress inks & Perfect Pearls. Just a little shine adds a lot to the look.

We'll use studio490 stamps, tim's stamps and other Stampers Anonymous rubber too.

We'll be stamping on grungeboard and using chipboard.

And speaking of chipboard...here's a little something I figured out...

I LOVE Maya Road's foundations tin. I've probably used up about 20 tins myself. Each tin has rectangles, squares, circles & ovals. They are perfect for framing a saying & a whole lot of other things too...

The circles make fun flowers...You probably KNEW that was coming.....

I'm way too predictable.

Anyway...

I NEEDED brackets for this piece, but they had to be simple & small. Checked my stash...NOTHING...

SO...............this...



made this..............GREAT size & shape...I LOVE it when the lightbulb is on full force, which is not every day... unfortunately.

I've lectured before to look @ the possibilities of what something COULD be...so I took my own advice here.




Here's a better look @ those "inchies". I have to admit...small is fun, but TINY is a TOTAL blast!




Now I need to find more frames like this so we can repeat this class in other places. I've completely used up my stash
of these cool 8 x 8's.


***Any ideas???***

I'm so looking foreward to seeing Sharon & Lisa again and I can't wait to meet some new art friends too.
*
And an extra perk for me...



ARIZONA IS WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Illinois is NOT!
*



So...in Arizona, we'll...


MAKE ART!
wendy
*
ps...thanks for the shoe comments. YES...they are SOFFTS, for those who asked.
*

Oops...almost forgot...one more thing...I'm still thinking about the possibility of making extra class kits & having them available here.
THANKS so much for your interest...I'll keep you informed.





6 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

minus the frame I would love a kit of this project. It is great.

Have a wonderfully warm time.

Marlis said...

i knew those were soffts... sign me up for one of these kits!!! even minus the frame, i know i can find or make one of those...way cool

Escape said...

YEAH!!! Is it Friday yet??? :-) Bring your shorts & cute sandals--it'll be in the 80s when you arrive! Can't wait to see you!!

borcherding said...

Holy crap I love that project!! Although, I am not sure if I could work with one inch squares because I have 'man hands'...LOL!! Have a great weekend girlfriend!!

KAT said...

Awesome - just love this! The inchies make it spectacular!!!

Michelle McGee said...

IKEA girl!